Super Randomizer Bros V2.0.0 RELEASE

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
Aerosplinter
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): Windows 10
Graphics Processor: nVidia (Modern GZDoom)

Super Randomizer Bros V2.0.0 RELEASE

Post by Aerosplinter »

PLEASE WATCH THE TRAILER BEFORE SCROLLING DOWN

Trailer:

INTRO
Yes, that is correct! Super Randomizer Bros: The Ultimate Monster Replacer Mod is an enemy randomizer mod that emulates the feel and tone of the Super Smash Bros. series! Inspired by my own mod Doomguy For Smash Bros., as well as a request to use Roy in a future mod, I have decided to create a mod that has Doomguy versus a vast majority of the roster from Smash Bros., in addition to newcomers that step into the ring! Although not all of the fighters are here at this moment, there will be updates to the mod that further expand upon the initial six fighters of the first version. Also, expect the difficulty to become somewhat complicated and unbalanced, depending on another mod of your choosing.

BE WARNED that the difficulty curve may be EXTREMELY inconsistent, as the jumping mechanics might either make the experience enjoyable or breakable. Thus, expect this version to be DIFFICULT. I included four difficulty types of the fighters(e.g. Royhard, Ryueasy, etc.) to make the difficulty more consistent.

Download Links:
Super Randomizer Bros. V 2.0.0: DOWNLOAD NOW!
More updates to V 2.0.0 COMING SOON!!!

Jukeboxes:
Main Jukebox Version 1: DOWNLOAD NOW!
DLC Jukebox Version 1: DOWNLOAD NOW!

V 2 Jukeboxes COMING SOON!!!

Old Links:
APRIL FOOLS: Super Randomizer Bros. "The After Fighters": DOWNLOAD NOW!

FIGHTERS
One of the main aspects of this mod are the fighters themselves. Each have a few normal attacks as well as attacks that they are able to perform in the air, as well as their own distinct special attacks that are reminiscent of their Smash Bros. counterparts. They even have a jump mechanic where they are able to jump randomly. Granted, I do not know how to make their jump behaviors smarter outside of random chances, but it would not be a Smash-inspired mod without hopping. Not all fighters may not be included, such as Byleth and Mii Fighters, depending if sprites online are or aren't available. Additionally, not every mechanic such as grabbing from Smash Bros. will make it into the mod properly, as they would require much more messy and unorganized coding. I also might not make Isabelle as a fighter, since she exists as a companion in another mod. As for the DLC, however, they will be a mystery to Doomers and players alike, and I already chose the characters that will be released alongside the regular fighters and main versions from Smash!

If you are also wondering about the price of DLC fighters, it is... free! I feel that it's unnecessary to stamp a price tag on the mod so that you actually have to pay for additional content.
(Imagine Doom Loot Box Mod, but you need to actually use Paypal/Credit/Cash in order to unlock the contents within the mod. :blergh: )

Fighter's Pass 1:

At this point, the fighters included are:

Main:
Spoiler:

DLC:
Spoiler:

CURRENT FEATURES
  • Pre-level timer in the form of "READY...GO!" that can be turned on or off.
  • Monsters, or Fighters, that are able to use special moves against you, as well as jump(randomly)!
  • Newcomers are introduced in every main version!
  • You can juggle enemies as they are in their Air Pain animation!
  • There is an options menu for disabling the jumping animations, the "Go" Animation, the enemies' taunts when they see you, launch animations, and the hitstun animations before their launch animations!
  • Food!

FEATURES TO BE ADDED
  • Items such as party balls, Barrels, and Assist Trophies that can be activated either by moving through or shooting them!
  • More balance changes!

Additional Screenshots:
Spoiler:
Last edited by Aerosplinter on Mon Oct 18, 2021 7:45 pm, edited 46 times in total.
popguy12

Re: [WIP] Super Randomizer Bros: The Ultimate Monster Replac

Post by popguy12 »

im already liking the look of this, definitely some more variety, along with a style of monster randomizer stuff i have never seen before.

also, good on ya for showing that it is compatible with PB's bleeding edge builds, instead of showing it with the older stable test build.
4page

Post by 4page »

Sweet! I was looking for an interesting monster replacer to try with my mod! This looks like loads of fun!
Captain J

Location: An ancient Escape Shuttle(No longer active here anymore)

Post by Captain J »

The whole concept makes me wonder if we also could make a mod featuring characters from some remarkable doom mods in smash fashion like this. As in enemy replacement mod? Or something like Samsara? Who knows! I'm just spitballing here.

But i digress. Very promising. Looking forward to this.
slyrboi

Post by slyrboi »

Thanks to you, i had my own personal Smash that had Doomguy in it
Aerosplinter

Post by Aerosplinter »

slyrboi wrote:Thanks to you, i had my own personal Smash that had Doomguy in it
Do you mean "personal Smash" as in a mod for Smash Ultimate?
Aerosplinter

Re: Super Randomizer Bros V 1.0.0 Release

Post by Aerosplinter »

Version 1.0.0 has been released to all of you. Enjoy!
Aerosplinter

Re: Super Randomizer Bros V1.0.0 Release

Post by Aerosplinter »

Also apologies if it might be rough for some, but what are your thoughts about this version of the mod?
Captain J

Location: An ancient Escape Shuttle(No longer active here anymore)

Post by Captain J »

It's very fascinating and puts another life into Doom. However Vanilla doom blood effects are still there. I would like to see some kind of hit impact from Smash Bros series!
Smashhacker

Post by Smashhacker »

Very interesting mod being worked on, and I can't wait to see it develop into something as chaotic as Smash Ultimate. Have you ever thought of using Smash Bros Crusade or Smash Flash 2 as a reference for sprites? Also would it be possible for there to be a spirit mutator where each enemy has one to three different conditions to sorta emulate World of Light in a way?
Aerosplinter

Post by Aerosplinter »

Captain J wrote:It's very fascinating and puts another life into Doom. However Vanilla doom blood effects are still there. I would like to see some kind of hit impact from Smash Bros series!
Ah, yes. I was thinking about making actors of the hit impact inspired from the Super Smash Bros. series!
Aerosplinter

Post by Aerosplinter »

Smashhacker wrote:Very interesting mod being worked on, and I can't wait to see it develop into something as chaotic as Smash Ultimate. Have you ever thought of using Smash Bros Crusade or Smash Flash 2 as a reference for sprites? Also would it be possible for there to be a spirit mutator where each enemy has one to three different conditions to sorta emulate World of Light in a way?
I am thinking about adding spirits as additional health and armor pickups! For Smash Flash 2 and Crusade sprites, I might be able to use them if there are no other sprites available for some of the fighters.
Artman2004

Post by Artman2004 »

How many enemies do you plan to add?
Aerosplinter

Post by Aerosplinter »

Artman2004 wrote:How many enemies do you plan to add?
I plan to add as many as 80-95 enemies in the base mod, but it will not reach there until around way above Version 6~, I believe. As of now, there are 6 enemies.
Aerosplinter

Post by Aerosplinter »

The links to the Jukeboxes are now available! Enjoy the music!

Return to “Gameplay Mods”