[HDest] Bryan's Extensions

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
Gollgagh

Re: [HDest] Bryan's Extensions

Post by Gollgagh »

Initial impressions are very good.

Partial boxes of 7.62 give a 5.56 message when picked up.
Victorcajuss

Post by Victorcajuss »

Great mod, although I'm having some problems when I get incaped, like the improvised bandaging not appearing so I basically can't heal myself, but overall a great mod :)
_bryan

Post by _bryan »

Thanks a lot for the compliments and feedback, means a lot after the hard effort. I think the majority of game crashing issues are out of the way. I've also tried to turn most of the feedback I've received into corrections.

The corrections I've made since release (copy pasted from github releases):
Spoiler:
Victorcajuss wrote:Great mod, although I'm having some problems when I get incaped, like the improvised bandaging not appearing so I basically can't heal myself, but overall a great mod :)
That's a bit odd. I haven't noticed any funny business with bandaging and as far as I know I think you're always supposed to have them. Are you using any other mods or just mine?

Also out of curiosity, has anybody tried multiplayer yet? I've tested it on my own network locally without a desync, but I haven't actually tried yet to play multiplayer using it.
Somagu

Post by Somagu »

I have, yep. It mostly works fine, but there seems to be some oddities with attachments disappearing upon respawn. This includes singleplayer and multiplayer respawns of any kind, regardless of fraglimit or whether Power of Friendship mode is on or not.
_bryan

Post by _bryan »

Somagu wrote:I have, yep. It mostly works fine, but there seems to be some oddities with attachments disappearing upon respawn. This includes singleplayer and multiplayer respawns of any kind, regardless of fraglimit or whether Power of Friendship mode is on or not.
Cool, thanks for trying. I think I've fixed the issue. I haven't made a release of it yet, but you shouldn't lose your attachments when you respawn anymore. I haven't tested it though yet if it crashes anywhere else or causes other bugs.
_bryan

Post by _bryan »

https://github.com/abramsba/hdest-weapo ... es/tag/1.4

Posted a new release which fixes the disappearing attachments on respawn/death.

I've also included an option to replace some of the monsters with some zombieman variants that shoot the MP5/M4/M14/Fauxtech. It's rough still. Until I can get around to having some nice sprites made, I'll be using some strife sprites and another one I've found on realm 667.

-Ghost-

Post by -Ghost- »

Would they still retain compatibility with stuff like Ugly as Sin?
_bryan

Post by _bryan »

-Ghost- wrote:Would they still retain compatibility with stuff like Ugly as Sin?
Yes. They're Zombie-man clones. At least they work with the lasers and flashlights.

_bryan

Post by _bryan »

For anybody playing with UaS, I've created a seperate mod you can load after mine and UaS which alters the loot tables so they spawn items from this weapon set. I'll have to go through and fine tune it, but it should work if playing replace mode. Link is in the first post.
TommyGalano5
Graphics Processor: Intel (Modern GZDoom)

Post by TommyGalano5 »

First and foremost this is a great mod/extension for Hideous Destructor, been playing this and HD for a while (its really hard, but HD has an addicting feel to it) its quite a challenge and blast to play this.

Furthermore each of the weapons has a unique feel and punch to them and each attachments are helpful in all situations and due to their style and functions its quite hard to choose which is a good thing (hence i play with no weight)

And in conclusions this is a great HD mod/extension I cant wait for more updates.

:note: will there be more weapons added? will the SG pump, SSG, Revolver, be replaced or be moderenized?
_bryan

Post by _bryan »

TommyGalano5 wrote:First and foremost this is a great mod/extension for Hideous Destructor, been playing this and HD for a while (its really hard, but HD has an addicting feel to it) its quite a challenge and blast to play this.

Furthermore each of the weapons has a unique feel and punch to them and each attachments are helpful in all situations and due to their style and functions its quite hard to choose which is a good thing (hence i play with no weight)

And in conclusions this is a great HD mod/extension I cant wait for more updates.

:note: will there be more weapons added? will the SG pump, SSG, Revolver, be replaced or be moderenized?
Thanks, quite the compliment :)

I might eventually look into adding a Mossberg so there's a shotgun, and some kind of 50 cal bolt action sniper rifle. I don't think I'm going to be including a revolver. As far as I know (after a 15 second google search) is that they're not really used by in the battlefield anymore or part of any standard issue setup. The kind of weapons and such I'm looking to add are realistic weapons that could be a replacement for the standard vanilla HD weapons. For example, the Mossberg could replace the vanilla HD shotgun and the 50 cal the Boss Rifle.

I'd probably count the Fauxtech as the SSG replacement. Semi-auto and it's got a 20 round drum and there are choke attachments. It's not a double barrel, but it can handle packed hallways and can get some decent range with full choke.

As for the attachments, for the mp5 I prefer the default ironsights. On the m4 I usually bring a carryhandle and ACOG. For the Fauxtech and M249 I prefer one of the red-dots. I haven't found much use for the long range scope.

Return to “Gameplay Mods”