[WIP] Doom: Eternal Slayer (v07 UPDATE) 12/24/2021!!

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
slyrboi

Re: Doom: Eternal Slayer[OUT NOW]

Post by slyrboi »

This Is Crucible with Infinite Ammo at it's finest
Ferretmanjcdenton
Graphics Processor: Not Listed

Post by Ferretmanjcdenton »

ABSOLUTELY AMAZING... really really good
edypagaza
Graphics Processor: ATI/AMD with Vulkan/Metal Support

Post by edypagaza »

sry for double posting
Last edited by edypagaza on Sun May 24, 2020 8:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
edypagaza

Post by edypagaza »

Captain J wrote:As i expected, it's one hell of a heck and slash doom mod. Never thought using the Crucible in vanilla doom was this so good! And also here are some feedback of mine:

- So there's the Devil May Cry style combo system. What happens if i get the maximum combo? Do i get something neat?

- Speaking of getting something neat, i would like to see some kind of... Orb. The Currency. To buy things in the menu or in game after you kill the enemies, if you're very experienced with the doom modding.
Yes, about that, its planned to do a shop system, to buy upgrades, but at the moment its just there for fun.
Captain J wrote: - Crouch animation for the Player model does not exist. Even in chasecam.
The crouch animation its planned for future versions aswell, to make the Gameplay more interesting.
Captain J wrote: - Is it me? Or the player model spawns another player model upon death in chasecam?
Yeah, another a model spawns in front of the player because the death animation in the weapon doesnt look good, but dont worry this is an alpha versión and everything will be fixed.
Captain J wrote: - After getting the Berserksphere, the effect is not really different than usual. The damage increase is already there, yeah. But i mean visually! Maybe make the Player spawn wave projectile that rips through everything each time he slash?
The Berserk in doom works with rng, Sometimes you deal a ton of damage, but in this mod, the damage its x4, so yeah maybe its a lot of damage, future version ill get this balanced.
Captain J wrote: - It seems the Player's jump is a little bit delayed. When i press the Jump key, he jumps after a bit of second.
The jump its holdable, the more you hold the jump key, the more you jump.
Captain J wrote: - Someone already suggested that the player should be able to block. So i would like to suggest that the player also should dash to dodge the meleeing enemies as well.
Im working on this since blocking damage will be like invulnerability
only holding the key you will never die. maybe i can work with something with this.
Captain J wrote: And i just figured out that the player is not really in Third Person at all. I still can get hit at the middle of the screen. But if you really want some third person experience, try pressing Chasecam. I dare you. ;)
This mod its intended to play in third and first person, but atm there is a bug that i cant seems to find in where, using chase cam, the attack animation plays, but sometimes cancels the animation and doesnt play well, but still attacking, but im working on it.

Thanks for your review, this game is still in aloha version and will contain alot of features like boss fights and icon of sin fight like in eternal. by the time ill add more content in my fanpage at Facebook, twitter and youtube. you can follow me at the beginning of this post.
skdursh

Post by skdursh »

Did you ax the ninja version and turn it into this or is that still in the works as well? Anyway, looks great.
HAL9000

Post by HAL9000 »

Mod looks and plays great, good job! , I have one problem with the model...player model texture looks flat.... ,but this is easily fixable.
I suggest that you bake texture maps into single one, with fake lights/environments baked in the texture, it will look better ingame
Preview of what I'm talking about: https://i.imgur.com/7D3ahVP.png , check the baked 2D texture (made from albedo/normal/spec/gloss/ao maps) , it looks way better in comparison to flat albedo texture from your mod.

I was going to bake it and test it in the mod, but your model uses different UV layout from the og model i have.
edypagaza

Post by edypagaza »

HAL9000 wrote:Mod looks and plays great, good job! , I have one problem with the model...player model texture looks flat.... ,but this is easily fixable.
I suggest that you bake texture maps into single one, with fake lights/environments baked in the texture, it will look better ingame
Preview of what I'm talking about: https://i.imgur.com/7D3ahVP.png , check the baked 2D texture (made from albedo/normal/spec/gloss/ao maps) , it looks way better in comparison to flat albedo texture from your mod.

I was going to bake it and test it in the mod, but your model uses different UV layout from the og model i have.
Thats a great idea, let me test it by myself, ill upload an image.

EDIT:
Before:

Now
HAL9000

Post by HAL9000 »

@Zheg, It looks better, but not quite there yet; you need to bake textures with fake lights and env. map in Substance Painter or similar tool. Photoshop is not ok for blending PBR texture maps.

PM me
Cheers
Sinael

Post by Sinael »

Looks pretty good so far.

But here's what it needs:
1) Chasecam by default. The current default mode is pseudo-3D from a HUD, that results in stufff like monsters shooting left side of the screen miles away from Slayer and still hitting him, and other weird stuff related to Slayer not actually being there.
In Chasecam mode this problem does not exist, but chasecam itself is too centered. Custom chasecam with options should be made, preferably with customizable horizontal offset (the ones that exist openly do not have horizontal offset)

2) Much more combos. Obviously. Don't be shy, and lift the combos off of DMC 3/4/5 games. Also definitely needs something for a range attacks.

3) Transition animation states - animations change very abruptly when you move and string together attacks. IDK what can be done about that, maybe some sort of workaround?

4) Heretic and Hexen support. It works out of the box, but buggy and Combo meter does not work. Pretty sure the combo meter is not universal b.c. it is dependent on monsters, but can be made into such.
Also it does not allow to select skill when starting a new game.

5) And of course it needs proper baked-in shading.

It's a promising start, but it still has ways to go.
edypagaza

Post by edypagaza »

Malfunction wrote:
could you please submit an image of the HUD please?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JVfPUAB0IxU
The video probably does a better job showing what I mean, but the Health and Armor bars only go up to 100%. Anything beyond that doesn't get shown in any way and thus, you can't tell how much Health/Armor you have until it drops below 100%.
its fixed now, also with the armor, as you can see, yellowbar represents health above 100
and little blue bar represents armor above 100
edypagaza

Post by edypagaza »

Sinael wrote:Looks pretty good so far.

But here's what it needs:
1) Chasecam by default. The current default mode is pseudo-3D from a HUD, that results in stufff like monsters shooting left side of the screen miles away from Slayer and still hitting him, and other weird stuff related to Slayer not actually being there.
In Chasecam mode this problem does not exist, but chasecam itself is too centered. Custom chasecam with options should be made, preferably with customizable horizontal offset (the ones that exist openly do not have horizontal offset)
Chasecam for now its not recommended, the animation transition doesnt work well idk why, i have a mod before this using the same mechanics and that works good, i should check that.
Sinael wrote:2) Much more combos. Obviously. Don't be shy, and lift the combos off of DMC 3/4/5 games. Also definitely needs something for a range attacks.
im adding more weapons for future versions, a night sentinel spear, the betrayer's hammer, marauder axe, and fire arms.
Sinael wrote:3) Transition animation states - animations change very abruptly when you move and string together attacks. IDK what can be done about that, maybe some sort of workaround?
question 1^
Sinael wrote:4) Heretic and Hexen support. It works out of the box, but buggy and Combo meter does not work. Pretty sure the combo meter is not universal b.c. it is dependent on monsters, but can be made into such.
Also it does not allow to select skill when starting a new game.
to make this work properly with heretic and hexen, i must decorate the enemies aswell. this mod its intended to play with doom and doom II for now.
Sinael wrote:5) And of course it needs proper baked-in shading.
see post before, its already fixed thanks to HAL9000
Sinael wrote:It's a promising start, but it still has ways to go.
thanks, you can follow my facebook page or twitter for updates :D (first post of thread)
TiberiumSoul
Graphics Processor: nVidia (Modern GZDoom)

Post by TiberiumSoul »

>sinael posts on the forums in what seems like forever now

HOLY SHIT HE'S ALIVE!

but yeah this mod is hype and ill see if i cant get my housemate who loves DMC styled games to run through this with a mapset or two
Cherno

Post by Cherno »

Just saw this mod featured on Icarus' Twitch channel. Looks great, but I feel like the slayer model would benefit a lot from using SimSun to make it less flat looking.
edypagaza

Post by edypagaza »

Cherno wrote:Just saw this mod featured on Icarus' Twitch channel. Looks great, but I feel like the slayer model would benefit a lot from using SimSun to make it less flat looking.
Im glad to hear that, im already using your simsun shader lol
maybe need more configurations notice the shader
retronutcase

Post by retronutcase »

Haven't tried yet, but this looks absolutely gorgeous! Any idea when we'll see some guns to play with? To me, Doom just isn't Doom without some firearms.

Return to “Gameplay Mods”