Hellrider v0.9c - Swift Demon Killing! (28-04-21)

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are ONLY for YOUR PROJECTS! If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.

Re: Hellrider v0.9c - Swift Demon Killing! (28-04-21)

Postby Steve1664 » Fri Jun 18, 2021 12:41 pm

The more I play this, the more this is becoming one of my go-to mods for when I want to spice things up. All the guns feel great; I don't think there's a bad one in the bunch.
Steve1664

Postby mofumofu » Mon Jul 12, 2021 7:33 pm

Really looking forward to the next update of this mod. I'd also like a sanitized version that removes all the thing and texture changes, if that's possible!
mofumofu

Operating System: Windows 10/8.1/8/201x 64-bit
OS Test Version: No (Using Stable Public Version)
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Postby Alptraum » Tue Jul 13, 2021 2:06 pm

Are we getting closer to v1.0?
Alptraum

Discord: Alptraum#6909
Graphics Processor: nVidia (Modern GZDoom)

Postby Tonkaducc » Sat Aug 07, 2021 6:20 am

can u add the downloads for the older versions like v0.6 pls?
Tonkaducc

Postby supercooljoe01 » Fri Aug 13, 2021 3:13 pm

theres no spot for me to bind keys for the new movement options, and the guns won't fire even if i have ammo.
supercooljoe01

Postby kalensar » Sat Aug 14, 2021 2:52 am

supercooljoe01 wrote:theres no spot for me to bind keys for the new movement options, and the guns won't fire even if i have ammo.

That took me by surprise too but it's not as bad as you think. The Wall hug is done by double jumping and then holding jump when you are against the wall. Then you can wall run. It was really fun when I got it figured out.

The Slide is done by pressing Crouch and then Forward.

The guns work just dandy on my side.
kalensar

Postby LoreCannon » Fri Sep 10, 2021 11:18 pm

I feel terrible asking this, and even worse because I don't have a real suggestion, but I *loathe* the super shotgun in this. All the other weapons - I love, they're wonderful. But the over-under as the SSG just ... feels really off. Is there any way we could get a SSG that's ... more DOOM-y? It just doesn't feel satisfying to use, for me personally. If we could get a SSG similar to the role the one in vanilla has, with snappier animations and lower damage - I think this would be my top mod of 2021. I have always liked the SSG in Project Brutality for its aesthetic, animation speed, and "feel" so... I don't know if you have any idea for that - but its your mod, if you're satisfied with the SSG, screw me and I'll just keep playing this excellent labor of love regardless.
LoreCannon

Postby Zhs2 » Sun Sep 12, 2021 8:39 pm

If anything, I wouldn't mind if the SSG had slightly higher damage to compensate for how slow it is, maybe even some enemy piercing. The regular shotgun has far more utility than the SSG does at this point - while the SSG can offload its payload quickly, with the regular shotgun you can output a constant stream of damage for all ten shells, and fast if you zoom in. By contrast, I tend to only pull the SSG if I've run out of shells in the other shotgun and I need to slam something big down that's already been damaged (the SSG has an altfire function too - it fires both shells when slightly zoomed/focused), and even then the damage is... not that great for the sluggishness. Very balanced for slot 3, sure, but considering how excellent the regular shotgun just is it's easy to want to leave the SSG by the wayside.
Zhs2
Power of meh.

Location: Maryland, USA, but probably also in someone's mod somewhere
Graphics Processor: ATI/AMD with Vulkan Support

Previous

Return to Gameplay Mods