Hellrider v0.9c - Swift Demon Killing! (28-04-21)

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
Steve1664

Re: Hellrider v0.9c - Swift Demon Killing! (28-04-21)

Post by Steve1664 »

The more I play this, the more this is becoming one of my go-to mods for when I want to spice things up. All the guns feel great; I don't think there's a bad one in the bunch.
mofumofu
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by mofumofu »

Really looking forward to the next update of this mod. I'd also like a sanitized version that removes all the thing and texture changes, if that's possible!
Alptraum
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Graphics Processor: nVidia (Modern GZDoom)

Post by Alptraum »

Are we getting closer to v1.0?
Tonkaducc

Post by Tonkaducc »

can u add the downloads for the older versions like v0.6 pls?
supercooljoe01

Post by supercooljoe01 »

theres no spot for me to bind keys for the new movement options, and the guns won't fire even if i have ammo.
kalensar
Operating System Version (Optional): linux mint 21
Graphics Processor: ATI/AMD (Modern GZDoom)

Post by kalensar »

supercooljoe01 wrote:theres no spot for me to bind keys for the new movement options, and the guns won't fire even if i have ammo.
That took me by surprise too but it's not as bad as you think. The Wall hug is done by double jumping and then holding jump when you are against the wall. Then you can wall run. It was really fun when I got it figured out.

The Slide is done by pressing Crouch and then Forward.

The guns work just dandy on my side.
LoreCannon

Post by LoreCannon »

I feel terrible asking this, and even worse because I don't have a real suggestion, but I *loathe* the super shotgun in this. All the other weapons - I love, they're wonderful. But the over-under as the SSG just ... feels really off. Is there any way we could get a SSG that's ... more DOOM-y? It just doesn't feel satisfying to use, for me personally. If we could get a SSG similar to the role the one in vanilla has, with snappier animations and lower damage - I think this would be my top mod of 2021. I have always liked the SSG in Project Brutality for its aesthetic, animation speed, and "feel" so... I don't know if you have any idea for that - but its your mod, if you're satisfied with the SSG, screw me and I'll just keep playing this excellent labor of love regardless.
Zhs2
Graphics Processor: ATI/AMD with Vulkan/Metal Support
Location: Maryland, USA, but probably also in someone's mod somewhere

Post by Zhs2 »

If anything, I wouldn't mind if the SSG had slightly higher damage to compensate for how slow it is, maybe even some enemy piercing. The regular shotgun has far more utility than the SSG does at this point - while the SSG can offload its payload quickly, with the regular shotgun you can output a constant stream of damage for all ten shells, and fast if you zoom in. By contrast, I tend to only pull the SSG if I've run out of shells in the other shotgun and I need to slam something big down that's already been damaged (the SSG has an altfire function too - it fires both shells when slightly zoomed/focused), and even then the damage is... not that great for the sluggishness. Very balanced for slot 3, sure, but considering how excellent the regular shotgun just is it's easy to want to leave the SSG by the wayside.
LoreCannon

Post by LoreCannon »

I keep coming back to this mod, over and over, and I think this might be my favorite mod right now alongside LiTDOOM. The AR-15 is just so insanely satisfying to use.
kalensar

Post by kalensar »

LoreCannon wrote:I keep coming back to this mod, over and over, and I think this might be my favorite mod right now alongside LiTDOOM. The AR-15 is just so insanely satisfying to use.
Yup. Its one of my top favorites for just fun playing. I like some of the older guns from older versions better like the Desert Eagle, but the current controls for sliding and wall climbing are legit A+ coding.
Sinael

Post by Sinael »

I'd really love a version that has guns without baked-in-motion-blur.
While you can disable motion blur for camera, the guns still have blurred sprites in their animation, it's quite distracting.
Steve1664

Post by Steve1664 »

If there's one weapon I really don't like in this mod, it's the sniper rifle. I rarely see the need for sniper weapons in Doom, and I'd much rather see the weapon spawns it uses have a more practical weapon, like, say, the Railgun. Especially in WADs that expect you to have certain weapons like the Plasma Rifle and BFG for large-density encounters.
kalensar

Post by kalensar »

Steve1664 wrote:If there's one weapon I really don't like in this mod, it's the sniper rifle. I rarely see the need for sniper weapons in Doom, and I'd much rather see the weapon spawns it uses have a more practical weapon, like, say, the Railgun. Especially in WADs that expect you to have certain weapons like the Plasma Rifle and BFG for large-density encounters.
In the coding the Sniper has an equal chance of spawning as the Minigun, Both replace the vanilla Plasmarifle spawn. The BFG spawn does the Hellrider plasma rifle and gauss cannon. The way that the Sniper Rifle is written is that it acts as a Rail type weapon without actually having the Ripper tag so that it can shoot multiple targets in a line, but not actually go to a wall like an actual Ripper weapon. So the Sniper is very much like a Rail gun while technically only partially performing as one. Basically it shootes a set of multiple bullets in a straight line all at the same time, and whatever bullets do not kill the first target will hit everything behind it in the straight line until all bullets hit a wall or a target in that line.. Actual Doom railguns will continue through all targets until the projectile hits a wall.

I'm glad I looked at that because it answered a physics emulation question for myself of Bullets penetrating but not using the Ripper flag to do it.
Hans Gushne

Post by Hans Gushne »

Greetings!

I'm new to this forum/site all I do is download wads and mods and doesn't interact at all well until now, I've created this account just to ask something about this mod and that is:

Is there anyway to access older versions of this mod? Like v0.8 or v0.6 I've watched Icarus' review of this mod and I immediately fell in love and wanted to play it and so downloaded it only to find out it doesn't work on D-touch or Delta Touch (yes I'm a mobile doom player) and I tried finding older versions of this mod to try out and I can't find it :|

Anyways, thank you for taking your time to read this comment and I shall be looking forward for some help, cuz this mod is the perfect gameplay mod that I've been trying to find for a while
LeCreeperMax
Graphics Processor: Not Listed

Post by LeCreeperMax »

Hey i played it yesterday and I can't stop playing it
But there is something what I need rn the aim down sights without holding the right click beacuse I am a phone player if u add it I ll appreciate it :D :D

Return to “Gameplay Mods”