PROJECT PHOBOS: Yet another Reverse Enginereed Doom mod

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
TheOldKingCole

PROJECT PHOBOS: Yet another Reverse Enginereed Doom mod

Post by TheOldKingCole »

Welcome To Project Phobos, my next Hacked toghether (reverse engineered) mod, this time not just of one mod, but several!

(-Realm667 Resources
-LizardCommando's Eriguns
-OSJC Oldskool
-OSJC Major Crisis
-Skulltag Team)

Story: It's Doom 1 and 2's Story, go read the manuals

Weapons:
Spoiler:

Changelog:
Spoiler:
Download:
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1V8NED ... dQdxq6OM7o
Last edited by TheOldKingCole on Wed Apr 29, 2020 10:57 am, edited 3 times in total.
osjclatchford

Re: PROJECT PHOBOS: Yet another Reverse Enginereed Doom mod

Post by osjclatchford »

So basically this my mod then ;)
TheOldKingCole

Post by TheOldKingCole »

osjclatchford wrote:So basically this my mod then ;)
Not all of it is from your mod, though yes I did use quite a number of assets, though I stripped down the features to make it more vanilla. If you are not okay with this let me know and I will remove the mod
osjclatchford

Post by osjclatchford »

Good gracious, no! I'm just being silly! Have fun with it! :wink:

however, must bugreport;
bfg flash needs x/y pos changed to bring it in line with the muzzle, gl makes no sound, fist has no raise anim oh, that ssg? geeze tone it down man... far far to overpowered
TheOldKingCole

Post by TheOldKingCole »

osjclatchford wrote:Good gracious, no! I'm just being silly! Have fun with it! :wink:

however, must bugreport;
bfg flash needs x/y pos changed to bring it in line with the muzzle, gl makes no sound, fist has no raise anim oh, that ssg? geeze tone it down man... far far to overpowered
For the bfg what x/y pos would you recommend? Also the ssg is somewhat of a joke weapon in the mod, which is why it is cheat only
osjclatchford

Post by osjclatchford »

Simpler way to sort it out is to just take the muzzle flashe sprites from oldskool mod... You're using the oldskool bfg but the standard muzzle flashes. The oldskool bfg is raised higher than the standard. (Makes it look bigger and you see more detail.) But this means that the original muzzle flashes are situated too low...
TheOldKingCole

Post by TheOldKingCole »

Thanks I'll fix it later
TheOldKingCole

Post by TheOldKingCole »

Fixed couple minor bugs. That is all
Shatter-Thought[V-4]
Graphics Processor: Not Listed

Post by Shatter-Thought[V-4] »

Pretty nice mod overall, it works nicely with maps that give you considerable monster crowds, but not necessarily slaughtermaps.

I think it would be good to lower the minigun or shotgun ammo drops by half, but there are mini-mods for that so that's no trouble.

Nice work!
TheOldKingCole

Post by TheOldKingCole »

Shatter-Thought[V-4] wrote:Pretty nice mod overall, it works nicely with maps that give you considerable monster crowds, but not necessarily slaughtermaps.

I think it would be good to lower the minigun or shotgun ammo drops by half, but there are mini-mods for that so that's no trouble.

Nice work!
Glad you enjoyed the mod, I could probably make those changes at some point, my drive for modding has been gone for a bit now and I've worked on and dropped a few projects off and on in the last year or so.
And If I do finish any of them goddammit I'm going to finish Spoon, a mod where your only weapon is the spoon from chex quest and every demon is replaced with the sentient turd person "Poopman Shitlord".
The mod is damn near finished and I don't know why I keep putting it off.
EmerphiS

Post by EmerphiS »

A replacement of the eriguns/ac!d eriguns smg for the one you use would be great.
If it had a reload animation.
TheOldKingCole

Post by TheOldKingCole »

EmerphiS wrote: Mon Aug 07, 2023 7:28 pm A replacement of the eriguns/ac!d eriguns smg for the one you use would be great.
Honestly I'm not a huge fan of reloading in Doom mods especially vanilla compliant/adjacent (Though I do see the appeal, it's just not for me). However if you or anyone else wants to add sprite replacements or reloading go right ahead. All of my mods are hacked together from other people's work (With permission of course :) ) anyways, anyone who want's to make addons or reworks of mine are always welcome to.
EmerphiS

Post by EmerphiS »

TheOldKingCole wrote: Mon Aug 07, 2023 8:57 pm
EmerphiS wrote: Mon Aug 07, 2023 7:28 pm A replacement of the eriguns/ac!d eriguns smg for the one you use would be great.
Honestly I'm not a huge fan of reloading in Doom mods especially vanilla compliant/adjacent (Though I do see the appeal, it's just not for me). However if you or anyone else wants to add sprite replacements or reloading go right ahead. All of my mods are hacked together from other people's work (With permission of course :) ) anyways, anyone who want's to make addons or reworks of mine are always welcome to.
Could you provide the list of credits and sources? to see more of these models?
TheOldKingCole

Post by TheOldKingCole »

EmerphiS wrote: Mon Aug 28, 2023 10:34 pm
TheOldKingCole wrote: Mon Aug 07, 2023 8:57 pm
Could you provide the list of credits and sources? to see more of these models?
Yes I can. I had thought I would have to look through the mod itself and figure out but turns out I made a txt file with the resources, here are the contents

Lizardcommando Eriguns

-Railgun
-Chainsaw
-Rocket Launcher

OSJC Oldskool

-Smg
-Auto Shotgun
-Grenade Launcher

OSJC Major Crisis

-Riotgun
-Plasma Rifle

Perkistan's Smooth Wepaons