Embers Of Armageddon

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are ONLY for YOUR PROJECTS! If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.

Re: Embers Of Armageddon

Postby AstartesCitizen » Mon Jul 13, 2020 5:05 am

I have been trying to play the mod with other monster replacers all good when starting the game but then when upgrading the weapons mods and doing the mastery challenges for the final upgrades these dont register at all, for example the cluster explosion for the explosive shot mod from the shotgun that requires blasting imps directly 20 times no matter how many imps
I kill with shot the counter for the mastery remains at zero I can go by without the masteries but its off putting for me, in next updates could be compatability patches for certain monsters replacements like rampancy Legión of Bones or the like, still EOA is my goto mod for Doom 2016 experience
User avatar
AstartesCitizen
"The Emperor Protects"
 
Joined: 10 Mar 2020
Location: The Phalanx
Operating System: Windows Vista/7/2008 32-bit
Graphics Processor: Intel (Legacy GZDoom)

Re: Embers Of Armageddon

Postby UltimateGD3 » Sat Aug 15, 2020 3:15 pm

Hi, for some reason the mod always plays the normal Doom 2 maps and not the custom maps, how can i fix that?
UltimateGD3
 
Joined: 15 Aug 2020

Re: Embers Of Armageddon

Postby wildweasel » Sat Aug 15, 2020 4:03 pm

UltimateGD3 wrote:Hi, for some reason the mod always plays the normal Doom 2 maps and not the custom maps, how can i fix that?

I don't think this mod comes with any maps; the screenshots in the first post seem to primarily be of Back To Saturn X Episode 1.
User avatar
wildweasel
change o' pace.
Moderator Team Lead
 
Joined: 15 Jul 2003

Re: Embers Of Armageddon

Postby A_D_M_E_R_A_L » Sat Aug 15, 2020 8:07 pm

wildweasel wrote:the screenshots in the first post seem to primarily be of Back To Saturn X Episode 1.

BTSX E1 and Eviternity, to be exact
User avatar
A_D_M_E_R_A_L
 
Joined: 16 Apr 2017
Discord: A_D_M_E_R_A_L#7602

Re: Embers Of Armageddon

Postby UltimateGD3 » Sun Aug 16, 2020 6:47 am

wildweasel wrote:
UltimateGD3 wrote:Hi, for some reason the mod always plays the normal Doom 2 maps and not the custom maps, how can i fix that?

I don't think this mod comes with any maps; the screenshots in the first post seem to primarily be of Back To Saturn X Episode 1.
Ohh .-., i was
asking because the mod gives you the option to play more maps or less, also the only gameplays that i've seen had the doom eternal maps. Thanks.
UltimateGD3
 
Joined: 15 Aug 2020

Re: Embers Of Armageddon

Postby Linz » Sun Aug 16, 2020 9:41 am

DoomKrakken wrote:
AstartesCitizen wrote:The best DOOM 2016 mod I have enjoyed the most, not to descredit D4T or D4D had blast with those. Quick question. Do you plan to update the EOA Eternal addon? I loved the mechanics of Doom Eternal, the sprites needs some polish but overall its great. Keep it up.

Many thanks!

The EOA Eternal addon is not mine, but is created and maintained by a third party. I do not release incomplete projects to the public. However, I plan to make my very own mod that'll attempt to apply EOA's goals to DOOM Eternal, and will do so from scratch. ;)

Proper sprite resources do not yet exist (thus far, just the hasty resources compiled by the guy to get Eternal stuff rushed out ASAP), so I'm trying to gather as many artists as I can to help out with this project, since Franco Tieppo (the artist who overhauled the Neccronixis sprites to how they looked in D4T, which I used in EOA with some changes) is no longer working on anything DOOM-related. I found a direction we can go, but will continue to explore other options as they arise. :D



Man,that would be pretty sick if you managed to pull it off

But uhh,would it have an option to change the maximum ammo count? Remembered one major complaint towards Eternal was how little ammo you could carry(and ammo upgrades being a joke)


I know the chainsaw now regenerates fue to encourage you to use it more,but it's still pretty jarring iirc
Linz
 
Joined: 29 Jun 2020

Re: Embers Of Armageddon

Postby retronutcase » Sun Aug 16, 2020 11:40 am

I have to agree on the ammo count. Please let us adjust maximum ammo because a lot of maps likely won't work very well using Eternal's ammo mechanics.
retronutcase
 
Joined: 07 Jun 2018

Re: Embers Of Armageddon

Postby Twitchy2019 » Sun Aug 16, 2020 1:13 pm

retronutcase wrote:I have to agree on the ammo count. Please let us adjust maximum ammo because a lot of maps likely won't work very well using Eternal's ammo mechanics.


You can do this yourself by using Slade and modifying the ammo file in the Decorate section. The zscipt section must also be modified (I can post a vid on what I did, if you like) to account for these new ammo amounts or the upgrade scripts for ammo will override what you have in decorate i.e. if you modded Decorate shell ammo to 50 the script would upgrade from the original 20 to 25 leaving you with 25 max instead of 50.
User avatar
Twitchy2019
 
Joined: 04 Jan 2017
Location: My Foot,Your Face! (Team Monster)

Re: Embers Of Armageddon

Postby retronutcase » Sun Aug 16, 2020 3:35 pm

That could be nice, though what about adding some kind of cvar or ingame option to adjust ammo scaling? Could that be a thing?
retronutcase
 
Joined: 07 Jun 2018

Re: Embers Of Armageddon

Postby Twitchy2019 » Sun Aug 16, 2020 5:39 pm

retronutcase wrote:That could be nice, though what about adding some kind of cvar or ingame option to adjust ammo scaling? Could that be a thing?

HA! Good luck with that. Most modders from what I have seen, especially the ones maintaining the Eternal addon for EOA (not DoomKraken but another fellow), don't like the idea of someone being able to change stuff like ammo or any other mechanics that others feel are BS. One either has to get down to learning the code themselves or getting lucky and changing something until it works.
User avatar
Twitchy2019
 
Joined: 04 Jan 2017
Location: My Foot,Your Face! (Team Monster)

Re: Embers Of Armageddon

Postby Twitchy2019 » Sun Aug 16, 2020 5:47 pm

Twitchy2019 wrote:
retronutcase wrote:That could be nice, though what about adding some kind of cvar or ingame option to adjust ammo scaling? Could that be a thing?

HA! Good luck with that. Most modders from what I have seen, especially the ones maintaining the Eternal addon for EOA (not DoomKraken but another fellow), don't like the idea of someone being able to change stuff like ammo or any other mechanics that others feel are BS. One either has to get down to learning the code themselves or getting lucky and changing something until it works.


To add to this, I can attest to another mod, great in every way, LT Typhon. The problem I had with this mod was this overpowered uber Typhon coming in the middle of a map and absolutely slaughtering me every time I encountered it. It was overpowered and just sucked. I had asked the modder in question how to turn this off or get rid of it, to no avail. So I dug in the files, found something that looked like the enemy code in question, and commented it out. The mod was beautiful after that. But it goes to show the old addage is true, If you want something done, ya gotta do it yerself.
User avatar
Twitchy2019
 
Joined: 04 Jan 2017
Location: My Foot,Your Face! (Team Monster)

Re: Embers Of Armageddon

Postby theJuilesyboy » Mon Aug 24, 2020 2:19 pm

this is a great mod, i have truly tested the hell,literally out of this.I had to learn to poke around in other mods to make them compatible with this. thank you for it.
User avatar
theJuilesyboy
 
Joined: 14 Aug 2020
Location: Ireland

Re: Embers Of Armageddon

Postby DoomKrakken » Wed Aug 26, 2020 11:38 pm

Linz wrote:
DoomKrakken wrote:
AstartesCitizen wrote:The best DOOM 2016 mod I have enjoyed the most, not to descredit D4T or D4D had blast with those. Quick question. Do you plan to update the EOA Eternal addon? I loved the mechanics of Doom Eternal, the sprites needs some polish but overall its great. Keep it up.

Many thanks!

The EOA Eternal addon is not mine, but is created and maintained by a third party. I do not release incomplete projects to the public. However, I plan to make my very own mod that'll attempt to apply EOA's goals to DOOM Eternal, and will do so from scratch. ;)

Proper sprite resources do not yet exist (thus far, just the hasty resources compiled by the guy to get Eternal stuff rushed out ASAP), so I'm trying to gather as many artists as I can to help out with this project, since Franco Tieppo (the artist who overhauled the Neccronixis sprites to how they looked in D4T, which I used in EOA with some changes) is no longer working on anything DOOM-related. I found a direction we can go, but will continue to explore other options as they arise. :D



Man,that would be pretty sick if you managed to pull it off

But uhh,would it have an option to change the maximum ammo count? Remembered one major complaint towards Eternal was how little ammo you could carry(and ammo upgrades being a joke)


I know the chainsaw now regenerates fue to encourage you to use it more,but it's still pretty jarring iirc

The ammo system of DOOM Eternal works fine, actually. Sure, the limits for shells and rockets are a bit of a joke... 'cuz they're really powerful and versatile, so you need to be extra careful with how you spend that stuff. RESPECT the Rocket Launcher. RESPECT the Super Shotgun.

The Chainsaw in DOOM Eternal will give you back a little more than half of your ammo per piñata in DOOM Eternal. The game does not give you enough ammo to be careless, because you're supposed to be efficient with your resources. Wasted ammo = bad experience. The way DOOM Eternal handles its ammo system was quite a risk... but it's amazing how intentional it all was.

So no, once I make the DOOM Eternal counterpart to EOA, I will not, in fact, be making any sort of mutator that expands ammo capacities. It's now even EASIER than ever before to refill your ammo (it takes 2-3 map-spawned shell pickups to refill your shell ammo completely, and the Salvo Extender upgrade for the Full Auto Combat Shotgun causes enemies to drop shell ammo upon death by full-auto salvo, meaning you can farm for shells that way if you so desired). The new ammo capacities are balanced with the versatility of each weapon. The more versatile the arsenal, the less ammo you'll need for each weapon... else you wind up easily playing the whole game with just your favorite weapon (which the devs wanted to avoid altogether).

If you still want expanded ammo because you won't grow within the new confines as defined by DOOM Eternal, you're more than welcome to edit the PK3 yourself on your own end, or to flip on the SV_InfiniteAmmo cheat. ;)

However, I'm confident that you will have enough resources to finish the task, without such drastic liberties being taken. :D
User avatar
DoomKrakken
All but inactive here on the forums. Contact me on Discord for quicker replies.
 
Joined: 19 Oct 2014
Location: Plahnit Urff
Discord: DoomKrakken#2719

Re: Embers Of Armageddon

Postby Linz » Thu Aug 27, 2020 1:25 pm

Well you seem confident so...let's see how this'll go when your take on Doom Eternal for Doom gets off the ground
Linz
 
Joined: 29 Jun 2020

Re: Embers Of Armageddon

Postby Linz » Thu Aug 27, 2020 1:29 pm

OH! Another question,will you add in the scrapped pistol or no?


And what do you think of EOA Eternal in it's current state? Are you gonna ask the guy working on it for help on yours or no
Linz
 
Joined: 29 Jun 2020

PreviousNext

Return to Gameplay Mods

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 6 guests