Nightshift v2.0b (18/11/20) Hotfix!

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are ONLY for YOUR PROJECTS! If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.

Re: Nightshift v1.9 (14/08/20)

Postby Commissar Farzi » Sun Oct 25, 2020 11:12 pm

Dr_Cosmobyte wrote:
I forgot to post your videos, lol

But don't worry, i'll fix that in a minute. Thanks for playing dude!

Meh, no biggie, might start up another run of Nightshift once I get done with Retribution with the new version-minus the RL monster pack. Had to throw in the towel after I reached one of the levels because the monsters on it left it nigh unplayable.
Commissar Farzi

Operating System: Windows 10/8.1/8/201x 64-bit
Graphics Processor: ATI/AMD (Modern GZDoom)

Re: Nightshift v2.0 (18/11/20)

Postby Dr_Cosmobyte » Wed Nov 18, 2020 8:35 pm

Hey, my dudes!

During the last weeks i've been on hiatus from modding, as i stated somewhere in the Spawn thread. But... i've never stopped turning my pc on and using GIMP and SLADE. Whoever follows the ZDoom Discord knows i post things there all the time. But one of those things i had stopped was the Nightshift next update.

So i decided to slowly take it and start changing things. The game is a little bit harder and the aesthetical part changed a bit. I hope you don't find this worse than before.

Click here to download the 2.0 version of Nightshift.

Want to know the changelog? Not a lot changed, but many voxels are brand new, the armor is now called "Sanity" (just a resin for now, unless i can do something with it, really), new sounds, new sprites, less ammo, fixed some shotgun bugs... anyway, have fun!

Feedback is appreciated ;)

Spoiler:
Dr_Cosmobyte
Also known as: GAA1992

Postby Captain J » Thu Nov 19, 2020 12:43 am

Some suggestions:

- Small objects like Casings would cause a large splash and it looks quite comical.

- I would like to see even more, and randomized ambient musics in the game. All i hear is just only one looping.

- And i forgot or something but, how can i pickup the health spray? My health was full and i thought i could pick up one and use it anytime i want, but i can't.
Captain J
That's Amoreee

Discord: DiscussJ#3128

Postby Ac!d » Thu Nov 19, 2020 3:15 am

Captain J wrote:- And i forgot or something but, how can i pickup the health spray? My health was full and i thought i could pick up one and use it anytime i want, but i can't.

Have you check the options values ? (Inventory/Instantly Activated)
Also, the maximum amount of health spray (Med Pak S) we can pick up in the inventory is 5.
Ac!d
Perfection is a way, not an end. - Korean Proverb

Discord: Ac!d#2732

Postby Dr_Cosmobyte » Thu Nov 19, 2020 5:40 pm

Sorry for making you download again, but i actually left some oversights.

This update is not mandatory, but it would be cool to have, since this is kinda stable now.

I fixed two voxels and removed the splash from casings, as requested by Captain J.

Have fun my dudes. ;)
Dr_Cosmobyte

Re: Nightshift v2.0b (18/11/20) Hotfix!

Postby -Ghost- » Sat Nov 21, 2020 9:27 pm

Nice updates! To be honest, I kind of liked just having armor more, it made more sense than sanity which doesn't really impact gameplay by losing it, other than losing that damage reduction.
-Ghost-

Postby Dr_Cosmobyte » Mon Nov 23, 2020 3:55 pm

I know your concern, since it makes sense to absorb damage with armor impact, but i thought this "sanity" thing could fit the theme better. Not only that, the resources used came straight from Kriegsland II, and i was feeling that armor in Nightshift couldn't be that standard.

But if i ever manage to work this deeper, i want sanity to affect the gameplay somehow, such as aim factor, or anything else that might help or distract the player. =)
Dr_Cosmobyte

Postby -Ghost- » Tue Nov 24, 2020 1:38 pm

Yeah, I think for me it's just less satisfying right now then finding some actual armor to put on.
-Ghost-

Postby StroggVorbis » Tue Nov 24, 2020 1:45 pm

I only have one bug to report, armor/sanity can always be picked up, even when over the threshold one such item provides.
StroggVorbis
Donut eat me pls!

Discord: StroggVorbis#2466
Operating System: Windows 10/8.1/8/201x 64-bit
OS Test Version: No (Using Stable Public Version)
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Postby Dr_Cosmobyte » Tue Nov 24, 2020 9:02 pm

Thanks for noticing, friend. Probably the cigarrettes and whiskey are inheriting from something like a bonus armor. I will take a look at it.
Dr_Cosmobyte

Previous

Return to Gameplay Mods