Nightshift v2.0b (18/11/20) Hotfix!

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are ONLY for YOUR PROJECTS! If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.

Re: Nightshift v1.7 (02/07/20) - New features

Postby Dr_Cosmobyte » Mon Jul 13, 2020 12:30 am

Sure Adam, as soon as i get back to work with Nightshift, i might make an updated version with your map and changes ;)
Dr_Cosmobyte
Also known as: GAA1992

Postby Adam » Tue Jul 14, 2020 3:08 pm

Dr_Cosmobyte wrote:Sure Adam, as soon as i get back to work with Nightshift, i might make an updated version with your map and changes ;)

Hey thanks alot man I enjoyed working on this with you, maybe I could come up with some more map ideas for you. ;)
Adam

Postby Linz » Fri Jul 31, 2020 4:37 pm

What are your other mods,if I may ask?
Linz

Postby Dr_Cosmobyte » Fri Jul 31, 2020 6:33 pm

Good thing you asked Linz!

As soon as i get to a proper station i will provide some links, but for now, here are the names and a brief description:

Aracnocide - A mod where you fight against Spider and Scorpion like enemies (optional), selecting among seven classes, each with their own weapon set.

Lowtech Remake - A remake of the classic "Lowtech" mod by Captain Red, with a few of my own ideas and an alternate arsenal.

Flakes Doom - A Vanilla Enhancer/Vanilla+ mod, with many references to ID games and a long compatibility list, including Heretic, Hexen, Strife, Hacx, Harmony, ROTT, Adventures of Square...

Kriegsland - A mod inspired by Wolfenstein - The New Order. Includes an enemy pack with over 120 different Nazi soldiers and robotic enemies for you to dual wield and blast them with over 20 weapons!

Ultra Crispy - A mod where you take the role of Caleb from the Blood series. Includes custom one liners, weapons from both Blood games and lots of my own ideas.

Factotum - A mod with many things inspired by classic Survival Horror games such as Resident Evil and Dino Crisis. Your weapons jam and you need to keep them good. Has some alternate versions which can make your life harder.

Kriegsland II: Untergrund - The sequel to Kriegsland, but this time, without custom enemies and lots of tactical gimmicks avaiable for you to play right out of the box.

The Arcane Wanderer - Think Bioshock, with a Vodka overdose. Now seriously, you control a guy with magic powers he gets from magical amulets, and he uses an arsenal that focuses on Russian weapons and a few 'Murica traits.

Spawn - Path to Damnation (Work in Progress): You control Al Simmons, the same Spawn from the comics, and he has lots of similarities with my other mods: you can dual wield guns, use magical spells, taunt enemies,dash, double jump amd do all kinds of stuff. Soon to be released.

=)
Dr_Cosmobyte

Postby Linz » Fri Jul 31, 2020 6:40 pm

Woah Woah Woah

Did you say

Bioshock

Man,I was actually kinda eager for something at least inspired by it owo

But thanks for telling me about your mods though
Linz

Re: Nightshift v1.8 (01/08/20) - Updated again

Postby Dr_Cosmobyte » Sat Aug 01, 2020 7:13 pm

Hello everybody!

After a little while procrastinating and waiting until my new PC was ready, i finally managed to bring this update to you!

This includes a lot of cool things, including options to manually pump the shotgun (credits to Brohnesorge for the idea, although not as smooth and beautifully executed as in SoldierZ), restore the old flamethrower reload for those who prefer to waste more time in exchange of "realism", weapons can recover faster from functions such as melee and grenades, the kick pushes enemies way further than before and VOXELS!

Voxels are 3D-styled objects featured in some BUILD games such as Shadow Warrior and Blood, and are entirely optional in here. They aim to make the game more immersive and "realistic". Powerup voxels are not implemented yet, so that'll wait.

Spoiler: Changelog

I hope you enjoy this build, any bugs and oversights, contact me here.

Have fun!
Dr_Cosmobyte

Postby Linz » Sat Aug 01, 2020 9:51 pm

This mod isn't really my cup of tea,but this update is neat regardless!

Btw I was wondering,how much is left before your Spawn mod is ready to release?
Linz

Postby Dr_Cosmobyte » Sun Aug 02, 2020 6:23 pm

Just sent the first betas today! After i get loads of feedback, a V1 might be soon in here!!!

:)
Dr_Cosmobyte

Postby Linz » Sun Aug 02, 2020 7:37 pm

Ah sweet

Can't wait to get my hands on it
Linz

Postby AstartesCitizen » Thu Aug 13, 2020 7:25 pm

We need more survival horror mods in DOOM and for me this one proves it. For a next update would you be interested in making an enemy pack for this mod? As much as I enjoy it I still think it lacks enemies that go with the theme of it regardless keep up the good stuff hoping to get that Spawn mod in my hands soon.
AstartesCitizen
"The Emperor Protects"

Operating System: Windows Vista/7/2008 32-bit
Graphics Processor: Intel (Legacy GZDoom)

Re: Nightshift v1.9 (14/08/20)

Postby Dr_Cosmobyte » Thu Aug 13, 2020 9:08 pm

AstartesCitizen wrote:We need more survival horror mods in DOOM and for me this one proves it. For a next update would you be interested in making an enemy pack for this mod? As much as I enjoy it I still think it lacks enemies that go with the theme of it regardless keep up the good stuff hoping to get that Spawn mod in my hands soon.

Funny you say that like, minutes before an update! =p

Tho i can't provide that enemy pack now (many folks were asking for one, though i DO HAVE something to contribute soon). In the meantime, if you're looking for an enemy pack to go with Nightshift, i recommend this:

Project Malice DL Link: https://www.dropbox.com/s/uufrdu73xkn51kq/Project%20Malice%20Vanilla%207-1-2020.pk3?dl=1

There are some good videos around youtube and this pack is really challenging!

In any case, i will do some overtime at work this weekend, and and therefore, i got a very little time to focus myself on mods. More of a physical limitation than anything. I wish i could have the Spawn mod somewhere this month, but i can't give any ETA without lying somehow. Because of that, i will release this Nightshift update to keep things up and stable. I will only bother to take a look back if something is broken, so i ask of you to play it a little bit.

What changed? Well, more new sprites, sounds and voxels for things than anything, but at least three things change the gameplay somehow: The flamethrower does not work underwater anymore (self-explanatory), grenades now can explode underwater and casings don't spawn underwater, to help counter performance issues (casings in my mods tended to bounce infinitely underwater and that lagged custom maps by a lot).

CLICK HERE TO DOWNLOAD AND HAVE FUN!
Dr_Cosmobyte

Postby Ferretmanjcdenton » Fri Aug 14, 2020 3:38 am

AstartesCitizen wrote:We need more survival horror mods in DOOM and for me this one proves it. For a next update would you be interested in making an enemy pack for this mod? As much as I enjoy it I still think it lacks enemies that go with the theme of it regardless keep up the good stuff hoping to get that Spawn mod in my hands soon.

Hi ..may I suggest using this here .
It's the fixed ai director for left 4dead gameplay mod (the amazing zombie monster mod )
Makes the enemies spawn like In l4d ..I groups and Everytime different ..

I think it might work with all enemy mods ..but I am not sure ..
Ferretmanjcdenton

Discord: https://discord.gg/hRm8w97
Operating System: Other Linux ARM/PPC/etc
OS Test Version: Yes (Using Development/Testing Version)
Graphics Processor: Not Listed

Postby YukesVonFaust » Fri Aug 14, 2020 6:31 am

a lil' nitpick in the manual pumping:

When you hold altfire, it pumps continuously.
YukesVonFaust
Give Me a Shake...

Discord: Yukes von Faust#9009
Operating System: Windows Vista/7/2008 64-bit

Postby AstartesCitizen » Fri Aug 14, 2020 7:46 pm

Dr_Cosmobyte wrote:

Funny you say that like, minutes before an update! =p

Tho i can't provide that enemy pack now (many folks were asking for one, though i DO HAVE something to contribute soon). In the meantime, if you're looking for an enemy pack to go with Nightshift, i recommend this:

Project Malice DL Link: https://www.dropbox.com/s/uufrdu73xkn51kq/Project%20Malice%20Vanilla%207-1-2020.pk3?dl=1

There are some good videos around youtube and this pack is really challenging!

In any case, i will do some overtime at work this weekend, and and therefore, i got a very little time to focus myself on mods. More of a physical limitation than anything. I wish i could have the Spawn mod somewhere this month, but i can't give any ETA without lying somehow. Because of that, i will release this Nightshift update to keep things up and stable. I will only bother to take a look back if something is broken, so i ask of you to play it a little bit.

What changed? Well, more new sprites, sounds and voxels for things than anything, but at least three things change the gameplay somehow: The flamethrower does not work underwater anymore (self-explanatory), grenades now can explode underwater and casings don't spawn underwater, to help counter performance issues (casings in my mods tended to bounce infinitely underwater and that lagged custom maps by a lot).

CLICK HERE TO DOWNLOAD AND HAVE FUN!

Thanks for answering man! I´ll give it a spin to the new update with that pack, I actually never noticed that the casings cause too much lag to be honest, and the flamethrower lit up underwater didnt know that happened, I´ll give my feedback soon enough, dont strain yourself too much at work, stay safe, cheers.
AstartesCitizen
"The Emperor Protects"

Operating System: Windows Vista/7/2008 32-bit
Graphics Processor: Intel (Legacy GZDoom)

Postby Yebudoom » Mon Aug 17, 2020 2:11 pm

Dr_Cosmobyte wrote:here are the names and a brief description:

many mods

=)

All those mods, and you still don't seem to have your own Discord server. It would be nice to have one to visit.

Also, thank you for the update, as usual. A very sweet mod this turned out to be.
Yebudoom

Operating System: Windows 10/8.1/8/201x 64-bit
Graphics Processor: nVidia (Modern GZDoom)

PreviousNext

Return to Gameplay Mods