Nightshift v2.1 (01/12/20) Stable changes

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are ONLY for YOUR PROJECTS! If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.

Re: Nightshift v1.5 (23/05/20) - Language Support

Postby SLON » Sun May 24, 2020 10:56 am

Rather, not even the gameplay, but just a very quick attempt.

I don't know what’s the matter, but 1.5 have a strange bug with a skybox in which the main part of it becomes just black, so I had to record it with 1.4.
While at the easy level it is really very easy, the middle (on which it is recorded) is already becoming a pain in the ass with all these monsters.

I apologize in advance that this was recorded on the shitty trial version of Bandicam (since I don't know one more suitable program for recording; I have Fraps, but you know how much space it eats) and in windowed mode (because this thing doesn't capture the GZDoom full screen by unknown reason).
SLON

Postby Dr_Cosmobyte » Sun May 24, 2020 2:25 pm

Okay, uh, i loved the gameplay! But i do have some questions:

1 - Have you tried to mess around with the graphics or sky settings on the options? I have no memory of changing the skies since v1.4, but if it was working back then, then something must be broken.

2 - What cool music is this?

3 - What version of Map13 is this? I thought it was a texture pack, but after seeing thr little garden in the middle of the map i realized it probably is either a "map enhancement mod" such as the one from BD or a edited vanilla map.

And i also need to use Bandicam, don't worry.
Last edited by Dr_Cosmobyte on Tue May 26, 2020 10:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
Dr_Cosmobyte
Also known as: GAA1992

Postby SLON » Sun May 24, 2020 2:51 pm

I tried changing the settings (although I had never touched them before), but to no avail. It's also last 4.3.3 version of GZ.

Music is https://youtu.be/DGgPDNtExJc

Map pack here
SLON

Postby Dr_Cosmobyte » Mon May 25, 2020 12:11 am

Thanks buddy! I've pinned the video on the thread and started some things for v1.6!

Also, if by any chances you guys lurk more around Doomworld, i created a thread there too: https://www.doomworld.com/forum/topic/1 ... -doom-mod/

Stay tuned.
Dr_Cosmobyte

Re: Nightshift v1.6 (30/05/20) - Want some fog too?

Postby Dr_Cosmobyte » Sat May 30, 2020 5:52 pm

Hello fellas, how you've been?

A day after the last update, two friends came by to help with a few minor things that were left incomplete by me. During this week i had other plans and other priorities, but considering this is the real v1.5 i wanted to show, i thought keeping it to myself for god knows how many days until it was worth a upload was a waste of time.

Given that, i want to give you this v1.6 update with some cool features!

First things first, the tonfa is back! If you didn't like the crowbar, just go to options, weapon settings and select which weapon you want on "Melee Start". This affects the combo and quick attacks as well. In the same vein, the option menus were reverted back to the way they were. It was too hard to navigate.

The other REALLY cool thing that Nightshift features now, is the option to add FOG! Yup, increase that Silent Hill Vibe to 11 and make your playthroughs even better!

Our friend Ac!d came by too to tell me my french isn't the best :lol:, so he helped me a lot in translating the game to french users. Have a lot of fun with this update, hope this gets stable and i hope no one finds game breaking bugs.

Spoiler: Changelog

Have fun!
Dr_Cosmobyte

Postby SLON » Sun May 31, 2020 9:24 am

The bug is still appears
Spoiler:
SLON

Postby Dr_Cosmobyte » Sun May 31, 2020 9:30 am

Hi SLON! Thanks for contacting. I've discussed this with a friend and we nailed out that it isn't a Nightshift alteration, but rather a newer GZDoom change that affected the mod.

I've also discovered some maps provoke it as well, so, unless there is a stronger way of setting the sky in ACS, Nightshift will only work in LZDoom or older GZDoom versions.

;)
Dr_Cosmobyte

Postby Captain J » Sun May 31, 2020 11:49 am

The new addition: Tonfa is very fast and neat weapon to have. But the minor nitpick would be the sound effect. It doesn't sound quite strong enough, despite it being plastic or wooden.

Also the music is disabled and have to turn on it manually. I know that it was kinda intended, but people might mistake that their audio option is not right.
Captain J
That's Amoreee

Discord: DiscussJ#3128

Postby Yebudoom » Mon Jun 01, 2020 2:54 pm

Thank you for bringing the tonfa back! I prefer it to the crowbar for one reason only: it lets me 'fire' contionously (i.e. just hold LMB), as opposed to the crowbar,, which requires me to click every time I want to swing it.

Also thank you for the fog option. I used a separate mod for that with Nightshift, now I don't have to.

All in all, the mod is getting better and better. Great work as always, and that goes for your previous ones also. Appreciated!
Yebudoom

Operating System: Windows 10/8.1/8/201x 64-bit
Graphics Processor: nVidia (Modern GZDoom)

Postby Dr_Cosmobyte » Mon Jun 01, 2020 6:12 pm

Captain J wrote:The new addition: Tonfa is very fast and neat weapon to have. But the minor nitpick would be the sound effect. It doesn't sound quite strong enough, despite it being plastic or wooden.

Also the music is disabled and have to turn on it manually. I know that it was kinda intended, but people might mistake that their audio option is not right.

Right captain, will adress those issues. ;)

Yebudoom wrote:Thank you for bringing the tonfa back! I prefer it to the crowbar for one reason only: it lets me 'fire' contionously (i.e. just hold LMB), as opposed to the crowbar,, which requires me to click every time I want to swing it.

Also thank you for the fog option. I used a separate mod for that with Nightshift, now I don't have to.

All in all, the mod is getting better and better. Great work as always, and that goes for your previous ones also. Appreciated!

Thanks, your feedback can always improve the mod, so don't hesitate on commenting!
Dr_Cosmobyte

Postby Psi7 » Tue Jun 02, 2020 6:02 am

I just noticed the skybox bug only occurs when NSMusic is set to 1, at 0 there is no bug, tested on latest GZDoom.

I've fixed it myself by removing If (GetCvar("NSMusic") == 0) on the 9th line of the SnowOnly ACS script.
Psi7

Postby Dr_Cosmobyte » Tue Jun 02, 2020 5:39 pm

Wow!

Thanks a lot for your cooperation!

I will take this week to give a look at the code, much appreciated!!! :)
Dr_Cosmobyte

Postby CasualScrub » Sun Jun 07, 2020 10:36 am

Congrats getting feature by Icarus.

CasualScrub

Postby Dr_Cosmobyte » Sun Jun 07, 2020 4:27 pm

Some friends shown me this video and i am fairly happy ICARUSLIV3S liked it, i always thought he wasn't a "Survival" mods guy, because he kinda hated HDest.

Although some informations were not clear (the crowbar part), it's not his fault. Nightshift has no in-game tutorials, so i will cook something for 1.7 to make things more acessible to players and address more content to it =)

Many many thanks to ICARUSLIV3S, this video will go for the first page!
Dr_Cosmobyte

Postby Captain J » Sun Jun 07, 2020 10:32 pm

Congratulations on icarus reviewing your mod, cosmobyte! Glad it's getting a lot more attention.

And here's one suggestion: Would be nice if i can power attack or charge with my police baton. Alt-Attack is frankly the same to me.
Captain J
That's Amoreee

Discord: DiscussJ#3128

PreviousNext

Return to Gameplay Mods