[3.1] Corruption Cards - Choose cards that alter your game!

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are ONLY for YOUR PROJECTS! If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.

Re: [3.1] Corruption Cards - Choose cards that alter your ga

Postby Cutmanmike » Mon Oct 25, 2021 1:59 pm

Accensus wrote:1. A command to clear all cards in effect and start fresh. Here's the use case:

In case you didn't spot it in the CCARDS lump:

Code: Select allExpand view
cleardeckmap MAP01

Will (should?) clear your deck upon entering MAP01.
Last edited by Cutmanmike on Mon Oct 25, 2021 4:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Cutmanmike
Is it hot in here or is it just ZScript

Discord: https://discord.gg/Whts7Bj
Operating System: Windows Vista/7/2008 64-bit

Postby Accensus » Mon Oct 25, 2021 4:11 pm

Ah, interesting. I tested that out but it didn't do anything. Maybe it's cause I changemap'd from the supply room to the supply room rather than go into it from elsewhere. I'll test it out again when I get home. Thanks!
Accensus

Postby Accensus » Tue Oct 26, 2021 12:09 am

Seems that excludemap prevents cleardeckmap from doing anything. Bummer.

EDIT: reworded the sentence to be more technically correct.
Accensus

Postby Accensus » Sun Nov 14, 2021 5:24 pm

Found two bugs, one of which is a hard crash with GZDoom but I'm not too sure what to report there.

First bug is starting a new game (?) rarely "freezes" the game. Technically you're in the card selection menu but the UI is empty. Pressing escape brings up the menu. Pressing enter (I think; if it doesn't work, try clicking around) results in a VM abort in selector.zscript on line 192. I don't have the full stack trace because I am very smart and didn't save it, but I remember it was that line cause I checked it out myself.

Second bug is super fucking esoteric. If any map is excludemap'd and you have the mutation card, entering the map will result in a hard crash to desktop with the generic error report window. There is no stack trace and I only figured this out after an hour of trial and error with the debug stuff.

EDIT: Add another bug to this: chosen monsters aren't really invulnerable and can be executed normally. However, this is with Hideous Destructor so it might be a compatibility issue.
Accensus

Postby electrodragon554 » Mon Nov 15, 2021 3:38 pm

I might have found a regression/issue when Corruption Cards is used with with mapsets like Dark Scythe:

On some maps, tag 666/667 can break if a Mancubus/Arachnatron monster gang card is selected & activates during the death animation of the last mancubus/arachnatron.
When this happens, the map becomes softlocked due to a 2nd activation of tag 667; blocking off the exit.

Unforunatly, I do not know which maps softlock when the card activate, as it's somewhat random.
This only happens when Dark Scythe & Corruption Cards are loaded together, as such, it's an esoteric configuration
electrodragon554

OS Test Version: No (Using Stable Public Version)

Postby Dan_The_Noob » Tue Nov 16, 2021 3:38 am

Accensus wrote:EDIT: Add another bug to this: chosen monsters aren't really invulnerable and can be executed normally. However, this is with Hideous Destructor so it might be a compatibility issue.

This one seems like it's more to do with how hideous destructor uses executions.
Dan_The_Noob

Twitch ID: Dan_The_Noob
Operating System: Windows 10/8.1/8/201x 64-bit
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Postby Accensus » Tue Nov 16, 2021 4:08 am

HD doesn't really do executions, idk why I called it that. Technically invulnerable enemies won't even receive any damage to begin with, so if gets damaged then it's not invulnerable.
Accensus

Postby Rowsol » Mon Nov 22, 2021 4:59 pm

Monster health shuffle seems to have problems with non-standard MonsterHealth in MAPINFO. I'm currently using 1.5 and upon selecting this card on map01 some of the zombiemen and imps had health totals of 30 of 45 and 60 of 90. (using Target Spy)

When I picked Upgrade Augment it said "Each <> fires a different monster's projectiles". For the rest of the session they only fired rockets.
Rowsol

Previous

Return to Gameplay Mods