[3.0] Corruption Cards - Choose cards that alter your game!

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are ONLY for YOUR PROJECTS! If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.

Re: [2.4] Corruption Cards - Choose cards that alter your ga

Postby Rowsol » Wed Sep 15, 2021 8:53 am

Not only should they share cards, other monsters should as well. I have zombiemen and shotgunners paired, arachnotron and mastermind, baron and hellknight, and pain elemental and lost souls paired when I play.
But hey, that's just me.
Rowsol

Postby Hell-met » Wed Sep 15, 2021 9:00 am

Rowsol wrote:Not only should they share cards, other monsters should as well. I have zombiemen and shotgunners paired, arachnotron and mastermind, baron and hellknight, and pain elemental and lost souls paired when I play.
But hey, that's just me.

That does make sense

but if you only play chaos deck like I do then there's most definitely room to split everything up
Hell-met

Postby MattFright » Wed Sep 15, 2021 11:52 am

I don't know how this could be done, but here goes: lately i've been playing lots of Ultimate Doom wads... And with that comes the fact that you get booted back to the main menu every 9 maps. I think it would be really nice if there was a way to resume the progress made on one episode when starting another in Ultimate Doom wads so the modifiers don't feel too insignificant (or too overwhelming if you consider permanent cards every level an alternative).
MattFright

Discord: MattFright#4316
Operating System: Windows 10/8.1/8/201x 64-bit
OS Test Version: No (Using Stable Public Version)
Graphics Processor: Intel (Modern GZDoom)

Postby Ryuhi » Wed Sep 15, 2021 12:10 pm

MattFright wrote:I don't know how this could be done, but here goes: lately i've been playing lots of Ultimate Doom wads... And with that comes the fact that you get booted back to the main menu every 9 maps. I think it would be really nice if there was a way to resume the progress made on one episode when starting another in Ultimate Doom wads so the modifiers don't feel too insignificant (or too overwhelming if you consider permanent cards every level an alternative).

pair it with one of the mods that allow for continuous play, like Episodic EX or Universal Automatic Continuation :D
Ryuhi

Postby MattFright » Wed Sep 15, 2021 12:27 pm

Ah, i guess that works for me. Thanks!
MattFright

Discord: MattFright#4316
Graphics Processor: Intel (Modern GZDoom)

Postby DarkQuill » Wed Sep 15, 2021 5:19 pm

What's the best way to "add" a permanent card to your deck via the console? Trying to test a custom card but even when setting the tier to 1 and going with the 8 card custom selection, it takes ages to show up.
DarkQuill

Postby Dan_The_Noob » Thu Sep 16, 2021 6:01 pm

Cutmanmike wrote:
Hell-met wrote:- I still believe demons and spectres should be separate monster picks. Demons cards are way more effective than they should be simply because they cover two species.

My worry with those is (from my experience anyway) mappers start neglecting either one or the other in later levels. Still unsure on this, anyone else feel the same way? (It doesn't help that I'm usually playing with a mod that flags them both as the same species anyway :P ).

in Intensify i have Spectre and Demon variants as separate species, so i assume the cards don't affect both.
Dan_The_Noob

Twitch ID: Dan_The_Noob
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Postby Cutmanmike » Thu Sep 16, 2021 6:05 pm

DarkQuill wrote:What's the best way to "add" a permanent card to your deck via the console? Trying to test a custom card but even when setting the tier to 1 and going with the 8 card custom selection, it takes ages to show up.

Type ccards_debug true on the console and start a new game. Some new buttons will appear at the top. Hit ALL and then start a game to enter the debug selection mode. Note: This selection screen ignores card generation conditions and will allow you to pick illegal cards.
Cutmanmike
Is it hot in here or is it just ZScript

Discord: https://discord.gg/Whts7Bj
Operating System: Windows Vista/7/2008 64-bit

Postby DarkQuill » Fri Sep 17, 2021 5:26 am

Mike you are an absolute legend. Thank you for your work and effort on this :D
DarkQuill

Postby Cutmanmike » Sun Sep 19, 2021 5:57 pm

• Fixed High Voltage Enchantment lagging the game if several of them were zapping the player at once.
  • When choosing a card you already have as a permenant card, the description will show it has a stacking effect.
  • Parastic Card now specifies which monster your transformed and new card effects (if any) on the console.
  • Borrowed Time minimum tier changed to 4.
  • Seeking projectiles created by Weapon Augment now correctly seek (i.e Imp firing Revenant projectiles).
  • Augmented projectiles no longer override reflected projectiles (i.e shooting a Rocket at a reflective Imp with a Mancubus Fireball augment card will correctly fire a Rocket back at you).
  • Keys of Power can now be offered if the Key actor classes have been replaced by another mod.
  • Mirror Curse card is now disabled in multiplayer games.
  • Monsters can no longer be healed by multiple Heal Traps. Heal Trap healing amount reduced by 10.
  • Healing Traps now produce a line of sparkles between the trap and the healed monster.
  • Monsters under the effect of Casali's Watchers or Feign Death cards can no longer be frozen and shattered by Ice damage.

Last big batch of fixes and enhancements, I think this version is fairly stable now. I still have more cards to add but wanted to cap off a stable release as there's been soooo many changes since 2.0.

If you're just joining us from 2.0, here's the meat and potatoes of the changes!

• Added 18 new cards, bringing the card total up to 107!
  • UI rework! Selecting your cards and game modes now supports the mouse and has lots of other improvements, including quick access to the Card Compendium.
  • New Custom Game options! Select up to 8 cards to choose from, or force the player to choose multiple cards per level!
  • Wild Cards rework! Wild Cards are special cards with crazy effects. To unlock them, you must find a special card item that spawns in the world after beating a few levels with 100% kills and secrets. After collecting it, it will be added to your card choices on the next level.
  • Updates to the CCARDS lump! Set up custom monster grouping (instead of species), provide custom card art for your custom monsters, and more!

Download 3.0 here: https://cutstuff.net/public/CorruptionCards-v3.0.pk3
Last edited by Cutmanmike on Mon Sep 20, 2021 6:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
Cutmanmike
Is it hot in here or is it just ZScript

Discord: https://discord.gg/Whts7Bj
Operating System: Windows Vista/7/2008 64-bit

Re: [3.0] Corruption Cards - Choose cards that alter your ga

Postby Captain Ventris » Sun Sep 19, 2021 9:39 pm

Awesome stuff. Corruption Cards is now one of my go-to autoloads!
Captain Ventris
Buy my novel, “The Shadow Among The Stars” on Amazon or Itch.io!

Postby Gustavo6046 » Thu Sep 23, 2021 10:33 am

Mike is an absolute legend. Honestly he should go apply for the Karl Jobst Certificate of Absolute Legend-ness, because he would absolutely pass it.

This is a really fun and cool mod, and I have no idea how I forgot to include this compliment when I was here earlier! I have committed an atrocity, please forgive me.

Still.
Gustavo6046
A faceful of C, and a tailful of wallaby.

Discord: Gustavo6046#9009
Twitch ID: gustavo6046
Github ID: Gustavo6046
Operating System: Other Linux 64-bit

Postby UTNerd24 » Thu Sep 23, 2021 5:59 pm

I look away for one second and this mod is in 3.0!
Makes me wonder if it's viable for a Cacoward
UTNerd24

Postby DarkQuill » Sun Sep 26, 2021 8:15 am

Tried stacking the
Spoiler:
card a few times after picking it in a regular run and got me killed a whole bunch, hahaha.
Ended up with
Spoiler:
That shit is legit scary.
DarkQuill

Previous

Return to Gameplay Mods