[3.1] Corruption Cards - Choose cards that alter your game!

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are ONLY for YOUR PROJECTS! If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.

Re: [2.2b] Corruption Cards - Choose cards that alter your g

Postby IvanDobrovski » Wed Aug 18, 2021 9:33 pm

Cutmanmike wrote:
IvanDobrovski wrote:I'll put some more as I find, but so far that makes 4 particular monster themes to have this use case.

Are those 4 monster themes part of the same mod? If so, that's just one mod, which is a perfect candidate for a CCARDs lump to define their own monster groups.

Species is the only universal thing that ties monster groups together in ZDoom mods which is why I use it. Trying to tie them together via inheritance is asking for trouble, modders are more likely to use inheritance poorly than use a species for every monster type.

I can look into making a CCARDs lump for QCDE.

Edit: Also what version of QCDE is this? No enemies seem to be sharing a species on the version I have.

I'm using addons as as custom monster sets. IIRC the base monster themes of QCDE don't have any species defined for most monsters. How do you create a CCARDS lump for a specific mod? It'd be useful to know.
IvanDobrovski

Postby DarkQuill » Thu Aug 19, 2021 9:28 pm

Very minor bug I've noticed on CCards v2.2 (Also present in 2.0) but the Faster Projectiles card has an issue with custom projectiles with glowing lights attached to them. The projectiles themselves are getting boosted properly, but glowing light sources are still moving at the regular speed. When using the regular Fast Monsters option without the card, the lights are properly attached, so it's something to do with the way the cards are determining what is a projectile.

Super Special Spooker Skeleton card doesn't always activate if you pick it as a permanent card, not sure if this is intended.

New card screens/layouts/effects are awesome. Got a good laugh out of me when I got the Mucus Flow card :p
DarkQuill

Postby UTNerd24 » Thu Aug 19, 2021 11:17 pm

DarkQuill wrote:Super Special Spooker Skeleton card doesn't always activate if you pick it as a permanent card, not sure if this is intended.

That is indeed intentional. When picked as a permanent card, it has a random chance to trigger throughout the campaign.
If you ever wonder about certain cards, be sure to check the compendium for a more in depth explanation of each one you have unlocked!
UTNerd24

Postby Cutmanmike » Fri Aug 20, 2021 9:10 am

DarkQuill wrote:Very minor bug I've noticed on CCards v2.2 (Also present in 2.0) but the Faster Projectiles card has an issue with custom projectiles with glowing lights attached to them. The projectiles themselves are getting boosted properly, but glowing light sources are still moving at the regular speed. When using the regular Fast Monsters option without the card, the lights are properly attached, so it's something to do with the way the cards are determining what is a projectile.

That sounds like the glow is being attached via another actor somehow, CC has no way to detect this. If you link the mod I can see if there's a safe way to do it but it's unlikely, as I don't really want cards triggering on effect actors as it could hit performance.

IvanDobrovski wrote:I'm using addons as as custom monster sets. IIRC the base monster themes of QCDE don't have any species defined for most monsters. How do you create a CCARDS lump for a specific mod? It'd be useful to know.

Check the CCARDS lump in the main Corruption Cards pk3 for some notes on how to do it.

UTNerd24 wrote:Positive. I started with Trailblazer when I first noticed the crash, so then I tried vanilla and got the same result..

I will check this out.
Cutmanmike
Is it hot in here or is it just ZScript

Discord: https://discord.gg/Whts7Bj
Operating System: Windows Vista/7/2008 64-bit

Postby Gustavo6046 » Fri Aug 20, 2021 7:55 pm

I really like this mod, it adds a lot of variation to the game :)

Is there any chance that a compatibility patch will be made for Hideous Destructor? It works for the most part, but it seems that monster-related cards apply to every monster in Hideous Destructor, instead of narrowing to a monster species as they would otherwise. Also, the partial invisibility card makes the entire HUD blink, which is a little bit of an eye-sore and I don't know if that's intended but then again it's not that big of a deal sooooooo.
Gustavo6046
A faceful of C, and a tailful of wallaby.

Discord: Gustavo6046#9009
Twitch ID: gustavo6046
Github ID: Gustavo6046
Operating System: Other Linux 64-bit
OS Test Version: No (Using Stable Public Version)

Postby DarkQuill » Sat Aug 21, 2021 4:30 am

Cutmanmike wrote:That sounds like the glow is being attached via another actor somehow, CC has no way to detect this. If you link the mod I can see if there's a safe way to do it but it's unlikely, as I don't really want cards triggering on effect actors as it could hit performance.

Disregard this, mod version was not latest and has been optimized/fixed in latest update. Huzzah~
DarkQuill

Postby electrodragon554 » Sun Aug 22, 2021 6:14 am

I've noticed that a enemy that was cursed with the this card type: "CCard_NuclearCurseMonster" doesn't appear to damage any of the surrounding enemies when it goes off, was this on propose?
electrodragon554

Postby Valencer9 » Mon Aug 23, 2021 1:13 am

Are there any conditions on getting Vile Guardians? My friend had it and it's the only one I'm missing, I've been playing on normal & nightmare on a normal deck for a while now but I'm not getting it at all.
Valencer9

Operating System: Windows 10/8.1/8/201x 64-bit
Graphics Processor: ATI/AMD (Modern GZDoom)

Postby Cutmanmike » Mon Aug 23, 2021 2:46 am

electrodragon554 wrote:I've noticed that a enemy that was cursed with the this card type: "CCard_NuclearCurseMonster" doesn't appear to damage any of the surrounding enemies when it goes off, was this on propose?

It should damage other enemies as long as they are allowed to take radius damage (i.e a Cyberdemon won't die to it).

Valencer9 wrote:Are there any conditions on getting Vile Guardians? My friend had it and it's the only one I'm missing, I've been playing on normal & nightmare on a normal deck for a while now but I'm not getting it at all.

Nice find, there's a bug with the condition. Fixed.

Gustavo6046 wrote:Is there any chance that a compatibility patch will be made for Hideous Destructor? It works for the most part, but it seems that monster-related cards apply to every monster in Hideous Destructor, instead of narrowing to a monster species as they would otherwise. Also, the partial invisibility card makes the entire HUD blink, which is a little bit of an eye-sore and I don't know if that's intended but then again it's not that big of a deal sooooooo.

From what I heard card species are working correctly with that mod. I don't think I can fix the invisibility, it's pretty hacky as is.
Cutmanmike

Postby ChaoticDragon404 » Wed Aug 25, 2021 12:11 pm

Hello. Ive been really loving this mod! Thank you very much for making it!
I did have some card ideas while playing and just saw post that encouraged sharing, so on an off chance my ideas might be interesting enough i'll drop them here :D :

-----
Alert Beams
type: trap
difficulty: depends on map

Would place laser detection beams or proximity traps(whichever you think better) around map, if laser beams, could be placed either in position to be jumped/crouched or toggled between on/off in time.
When activated, only by player, spawn random monster nearby(in about the similar range as assassin card does), and could be activated several but finite number of times. Alternatively activate only once but spawn several monsters at once.

-----
Overcharged crystals:
type: trap/world object
difficulty: moderate

Would place crystals around world, they'd have health and can be broken. Whenever it is damaged it would retaliate on whoever hit it with a strong projectile attack, watch where you shoot!(I was originally thinking about reflect but that be a bit imbalanced hitscan vs projectile)

-----
Clever disguise
type: modifier
difficulty: depends

Two monster types on map picked for each of those, close power-level wise and second type shouldnt be bigger than first. First monster's type health is reduced to 25% and sight/act/pain/death sounds replaced with second monster's. When health depletes to zero monster reveals its clever disguise turning into monster type two.

-----
Baphomet's sigil
difficulty: hard

Few fuzzy transparent sigils scattered around the map. Player stepping into one would remove it and curse random monster nearby with random curse. Alternatively if random curse deemed too powerful, instead could be damage+speed+aggression multiplier on that monster or something similar.

-----
Arnaments of Chaos
type: world monster effect
difficulty: hard

Kinda like icon's blessings but for monster attack augments?

-----
Minefield of Doom
difficulty: easy/moderate

Mines scattered around map. When stepped on by player they would beep few times and then explode, giving fast player enough time to react. Clever players could even activate them intentionally to damage monsters.

-----
Infestation

All monsters on the map would have random chance to be infested with monster picked for this card. On their death they would spawn 'baby' version of monster.

-----
Hives
type: world object/enemy

Hives of <insert picked monster type> would spawn randomly on map. They be stationary, destructable and would have pain elemental-like attack that would spawn 'baby' versions of the monster type selected, and like pain elementals, would spawn 3 on destruction.

-----
The Vile Energy:
difficulty: potentially hard

"vile energy particles" would attach to random monsters on map, those particles would have ability to resurrect monsters but would self-destruct upon doing so and would self-destruct if owner is killed.

-----
Unstable Projectile:
type: attack augment
difficulty: high

Projectiles of affected monster when hit anything(or if that deemed too hard, only when hitting map geometry) would do last words-style delay effect and spawn another projectile(or multiple) aimed at monster's target

-----
Temporal Projectile:
type: attack augment
difficulty: high

This one might be too silly i admit but.. Half second after launch if player is not too close to monster, projectile teleports some distance in front of player, maybe based on projectile speed value so its not unreasonable to dodge

-----
Tesla generators:
type: world objectt/trap

(Might be too hard to implement on technical level)Generators would spawn around map that would turn the sector they are in into equivalent of damaging floor, electrifying players very slowly. Effect stops when destroyed. Would be forbidden to spawn on floors that are too big or too small.

-----
Cursed Symbols:
difficulty easy-moderate

Cursed glowing symbols would spawn around the map on walls/floors/ceilings. Players within range would be damaged if their crosshair is placed directly onto symbols.

-----
Haunted Trap:

Version of haunted house card localised to proximity traps with less amount of ghosts but maybe repeatable effect since ghosts dont need to be killed?

-----
Cursed Fireball Trap:

Higher difficulty level version of fireball trap would fire different colored fireballs that harmlessly pass through monsters and deal more damage to player.(Honestly idea came when i realised how low difficulty level of fireball trap is and how quickly it disappears due to difficulty progression)

-----
Storaged Equipment:
type: world effect
difficulty: easy-moderate

% of pickups on the map would be "safely stored" in breakable crates instead which would have small amount of health and would release the pickup when broken.
-----
Now with that, think i have one, i guess... small bug report? to make, ive picked railgun+triple spread other day on a cacodemon hoping the cards work together and they didnt and it only got railgun :(
P.S. i hope this is not too much for the first post on the forums ever :shock:
ChaoticDragon404

Postby Cutmanmike » Thu Aug 26, 2021 6:25 pm

ChaoticDragon404 wrote:Now with that, think i have one, i guess... small bug report? to make, ive picked railgun+triple spread other day on a cacodemon hoping the cards work together and they didnt and it only got railgun :(
P.S. i hope this is not too much for the first post on the forums ever :shock:

Those attack modifier cards override each other, mostly because it becomes a nightmare to code behind the scenes.

Here's a new version. I've decided to rework how Wild Cards work. Wild Cards are the cards that used to have very specific conditions to appear, and had intense/silly effects such as the Chicken card. Now in order to make a Wild Card appear in the card selection, you have to find a mystery card item that can spawn in levels after getting 100% secrets and kills in a few levels. This makes it more straight forward on obtaining them without having to worry about some arbitrary condition to unlock each one. It also gives you to option to avoid the Wild Cards too, instead of accidentally triggering them (like a lot of people did with the Endless Flow card).

Simply press Use to pick it up and get offered a Wild Card next level!

• Wild Cards rework. The Baphomet's Chosen card is unaffected by this.
  • Wild Cards can now be disabled in custom games.
  • Fixed custom monster groups not working with actors that use " as a part of their class name.
  • Fixed a potential crash with Mystery Eggs.
  • Fixed the Vile Guardians card being unable to be offered.
  • Reduced the amount of pets spawned with Monster Pets. Also capped the max amount of monsters spawned to 30 per instance of this card.
  • Wrath Sentries can no longer be targeted by monsters.
  • Mini monster sprites are now slightly larger.
  • Monster names with colours now dispaly correctly in the Card Selector.
  • Added 2 new Wild Cards.

Download: https://cutstuff.net/public/CorruptionCards-v2.3.pk3
Cutmanmike

Re: [2.3] Corruption Cards - Choose cards that alter your ga

Postby UTNerd24 » Thu Aug 26, 2021 10:13 pm

Just tested it out. The placement of Wildcards is a fantastic idea. While the cards are fun, it's good you have the option to select from it, which would normally be counterintuitive to the concept of Corruption Cards, but in this case it's an exception. Does this also apply to cards that require you to finish in Par Times?

I also have two ideas for cards that I have a feeling you might dismiss, but I just thought the idea was funny.

Cutman's Mystical Head/Quiet Knoll: When you start the map, an un-toggle-able fog shrouds the area, greatly limiting sight. Based on an Easter Egg from Ghoul's Forest 3.

Russian Nesting Doll: One Monster is cursed: When killed, the next weakest monster will take it's place, and so on.

Anyway, great update! This is honestly one of my favorite mods I've played in recent years. Keep it up!

Spoiler:
UTNerd24

Postby Cutmanmike » Fri Aug 27, 2021 5:47 am

UTNerd24 wrote:Does this also apply to cards that require you to finish in Par Times?

That condition was removed. The only card that doesn't follow the new rules is Baphomet's Chosen, which still requires 7+ cards on the final doom2 or doom1 map.
Cutmanmike

Postby Alptraum » Fri Aug 27, 2021 10:07 am

Could we get a changelog or something? I keep seeing this mod getting updated yet i don't even know what's added or changed.
Alptraum

Discord: Alptraum#6909
Operating System: Windows 10/8.1/8/201x 64-bit
Graphics Processor: nVidia (Modern GZDoom)

Postby wildweasel » Fri Aug 27, 2021 10:25 am

Alptraum wrote:Could we get a changelog or something? I keep seeing this mod getting updated yet i don't even know what's added or changed.

There is one a few posts above yours.
wildweasel
change o' pace.
Moderator Team Lead

PreviousNext

Return to Gameplay Mods