[2.2] Corruption Cards - Choose cards that alter your game!

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are ONLY for YOUR PROJECTS! If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.

Re: [2.1e] Corruption Cards - Choose cards that alter your g

Postby RockerFox » Sun Jul 18, 2021 2:05 am

Hey great mod!

Been enjoying it with all kinds of mods but been fitting really well with DRLA.

Had a few ideas but not sure if they are in / were suggested yet. Some may be redundant but might be fun to paly against.

Healing Sentry - Add sentries to the level that periodically heal (or respawn) monsters in an area.

Shield Bearer - 1 monster shields nearby monster and has more hp

Shipping troubles - location of all items in the level are swapped around (except for keys)

Radioactive Spill - 1 monster damages the player similar to a hurt floor when the player is near them

Quake Monsters - x monster and it's species amount is cut in half (rounding up) but monsters have double hp and damage. (not sure how doable this is and may break some maps if some monsters are killed off at the start)

Circus Act - Destroying barrels can spawn monsters

Soul Bearer - x monster spawns a lost soul when killed
User avatar
RockerFox
 
Joined: 25 Mar 2017
Location: Toronto, Ontario

Re: [2.1e] Corruption Cards - Choose cards that alter your g

Postby Dan_The_Noob » Sun Jul 18, 2021 3:05 pm

RockerFox wrote:
Healing Sentry - Add sentries to the level that periodically heal (or respawn) monsters in an area.

Shield Bearer - 1 monster shields nearby monster and has more hp

Shipping troubles - location of all items in the level are swapped around (except for keys)

Radioactive Spill - 1 monster damages the player similar to a hurt floor when the player is near them

Quake Monsters - x monster and it's species amount is cut in half (rounding up) but monsters have double hp and damage. (not sure how doable this is and may break some maps if some monsters are killed off at the start)

Circus Act - Destroying barrels can spawn monsters

Soul Bearer - x monster spawns a lost soul when killed


the main issue most of these have is that they are just adding health to enemies or adding more enemies, without changing the gameplay for the most part... which would just break ammo balance mostly.

Shipping troubles would be ok, but might also break some maps' balance for lock-in type rooms.
User avatar
Dan_The_Noob
 
Joined: 07 May 2019
Twitch ID: Dan_The_Noob
Operating System: Windows 10/8.1/8/201x 64-bit
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Re: [2.1e] Corruption Cards - Choose cards that alter your g

Postby Cutmanmike » Sun Jul 18, 2021 4:19 pm

Dan_The_Noob wrote:the main issue most of these have is that they are just adding health to enemies or adding more enemies, without changing the gameplay for the most part... which would just break ammo balance mostly.


I'm fine with more monsters and monster health as long as there's some interesting twist/counterplay to them. As for ammo balance, you're only going to run into trouble if you keep stacking these effects, but it's your choice (unless you're playing chaos mode ;) ). Or you could play the Balanced deck which tries to preserve map balance.
User avatar
Cutmanmike
Is it hot in here or is it just ZScript
 
Joined: 06 Oct 2003
Location: United Kingdom
Discord: https://discord.gg/Whts7Bj
Operating System: Windows Vista/7/2008 64-bit

Re: [2.1e] Corruption Cards - Choose cards that alter your g

Postby Dan_The_Noob » Sun Jul 18, 2021 5:13 pm

Cutmanmike wrote:
I'm fine with more monsters and monster health as long as there's some interesting twist/counterplay to them. As for ammo balance, you're only going to run into trouble if you keep stacking these effects, but it's your choice (unless you're playing chaos mode ;) ). Or you could play the Balanced deck which tries to preserve map balance.


yeah, stuff like the card where enemies gain health from corpses or from players getting damaged are good.

the Balanced deck is very bland, do you add cards to decks when you add new cards?
User avatar
Dan_The_Noob
 
Joined: 07 May 2019
Twitch ID: Dan_The_Noob
Operating System: Windows 10/8.1/8/201x 64-bit
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Re: [2.1e] Corruption Cards - Choose cards that alter your g

Postby Cutmanmike » Sun Jul 18, 2021 5:17 pm

Yeah I'm always updating them, as long as the cards make sense to go in there.
User avatar
Cutmanmike
Is it hot in here or is it just ZScript
 
Joined: 06 Oct 2003
Location: United Kingdom
Discord: https://discord.gg/Whts7Bj
Operating System: Windows Vista/7/2008 64-bit

Re: [2.1e] Corruption Cards - Choose cards that alter your g

Postby Dan_The_Noob » Sun Jul 18, 2021 5:53 pm

Cutmanmike wrote:Yeah I'm always updating them, as long as the cards make sense to go in there.


the ultimate would be a "custom" desk option. but that'd involve a UI with toggles for every card. :|
User avatar
Dan_The_Noob
 
Joined: 07 May 2019
Twitch ID: Dan_The_Noob
Operating System: Windows 10/8.1/8/201x 64-bit
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Re: [2.1e] Corruption Cards - Choose cards that alter your g

Postby Ryuhi » Sun Jul 18, 2021 6:27 pm

Dan_The_Noob wrote:
Cutmanmike wrote:Yeah I'm always updating them, as long as the cards make sense to go in there.


the ultimate would be a "custom" desk option. but that'd involve a UI with toggles for every card. :|


setting the custom rules to match normal but allowing 8 potential cards per map is a pretty good compromise i've found: you pretty much never get forced to take a card you hate, unless you have absurdly bad luck i guess.
User avatar
Ryuhi
 
Joined: 21 Feb 2017

Re: [2.1e] Corruption Cards - Choose cards that alter your g

Postby Dan_The_Noob » Sun Jul 18, 2021 6:49 pm

Ryuhi wrote:
Dan_The_Noob wrote:
Cutmanmike wrote:Yeah I'm always updating them, as long as the cards make sense to go in there.


the ultimate would be a "custom" desk option. but that'd involve a UI with toggles for every card. :|


setting the custom rules to match normal but allowing 8 potential cards per map is a pretty good compromise i've found: you pretty much never get forced to take a card you hate, unless you have absurdly bad luck i guess.

I have been playing 8 cards with pick all 8 and would be nice to disable some of the more fun-killing ones *cough* acid blood *cough* reflect *cough* petrify *cough* and also have the option to see what cards there are/could be.

custom deck would also allow for use of the cards that didn't make the cut from previous builds
User avatar
Dan_The_Noob
 
Joined: 07 May 2019
Twitch ID: Dan_The_Noob
Operating System: Windows 10/8.1/8/201x 64-bit
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Re: [2.1e] Corruption Cards - Choose cards that alter your g

Postby Cutmanmike » Sun Jul 18, 2021 6:59 pm

You can make a custom deck using the CCARDS lump to remove or add whatever cards you like. I won't be making a UI to do it as it's more of a modding/customization thing.
User avatar
Cutmanmike
Is it hot in here or is it just ZScript
 
Joined: 06 Oct 2003
Location: United Kingdom
Discord: https://discord.gg/Whts7Bj
Operating System: Windows Vista/7/2008 64-bit

Re: [2.1e] Corruption Cards - Choose cards that alter your g

Postby Dan_The_Noob » Sun Jul 18, 2021 9:41 pm

Cutmanmike wrote:You can make a custom deck using the CCARDS lump to remove or add whatever cards you like. I won't be making a UI to do it as it's more of a modding/customization thing.

do you have a formatting guide for CCARDS lump? so far i've tried a few things and can't figure it out
User avatar
Dan_The_Noob
 
Joined: 07 May 2019
Twitch ID: Dan_The_Noob
Operating System: Windows 10/8.1/8/201x 64-bit
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Re: [2.1e] Corruption Cards - Choose cards that alter your g

Postby Cutmanmike » Mon Jul 19, 2021 4:21 am

Here's an example file that removes Petrification Enchantment and Acid Blood Enchantment. If you look at the CCARDS.txt in this pk3 you can see that the removecard command wants a Card class that generally starts with CCard_. If you want to remove reflect, you can find the class name in the zscript txt files under zscript/corruptioncards/cards.

Also make sure you pick the MODIFIED deck when starting the game. You can check if it worked by comparing the total card count of the modified deck to the regular deck.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
User avatar
Cutmanmike
Is it hot in here or is it just ZScript
 
Joined: 06 Oct 2003
Location: United Kingdom
Discord: https://discord.gg/Whts7Bj
Operating System: Windows Vista/7/2008 64-bit

Re: [2.1e] Corruption Cards - Choose cards that alter your g

Postby Dan_The_Noob » Mon Jul 19, 2021 6:37 pm

Cutmanmike wrote:Here's an example file that removes Petrification Enchantment and Acid Blood Enchantment. If you look at the CCARDS.txt in this pk3 you can see that the removecard command wants a Card class that generally starts with CCard_. If you want to remove reflect, you can find the class name in the zscript txt files under zscript/corruptioncards/cards.

Also make sure you pick the MODIFIED deck when starting the game. You can check if it worked by comparing the total card count of the modified deck to the regular deck.


does it need to have a certain name? or as long as it has a CCARDS.txt with the right format it will work?

--EDIT--
"CCard_ReflectiveMonster" would be the removecard to add then? (from the path you mentioned)
--EDIT2--
the number of cards didn't go down when i added "removecard CCard_ReflectiveMonster" but it hasn't come up. but that may be because there are tier5 cards active from the start.
--EDIT3--
nevermind, i'm dumb. i opened the downloaded copy of the file in SLADE and edited it, then loaded the one from my doom folder after
User avatar
Dan_The_Noob
 
Joined: 07 May 2019
Twitch ID: Dan_The_Noob
Operating System: Windows 10/8.1/8/201x 64-bit
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Re: [2.1f] Corruption Cards - Choose cards that alter your g

Postby Cutmanmike » Tue Jul 20, 2021 8:34 am

  • Fixed a bug where players could still move during card selection.
  • Fixed Necrokineses not working in certain maps.
  • Improved Necrokineses throwing angle.
  • Removed curses from the Science Project deck.
  • Changed many cards to track modified maximum hp. This fixes bugs for things like Blood Fury enchantment triggering immediately for Small Companions.
  • Death Impact: Slightly stronger explosion for stronger monsters.
  • Wild Cards are now offered alongside the regular card choices. For example, if the rules allow you to pick one of 3 cards and a wild card is offered, you can then pick one of 4 cards. Wild card unlock conditions are shown in the Compendium also.
  • Reverted the change that made Assassins gain the teleport enchantment.
  • Added 3 new cards and 1 new wild card.

Download: https://cutstuff.net/public/CorruptionCards-v2.1f.pk3
User avatar
Cutmanmike
Is it hot in here or is it just ZScript
 
Joined: 06 Oct 2003
Location: United Kingdom
Discord: https://discord.gg/Whts7Bj
Operating System: Windows Vista/7/2008 64-bit

Re: [2.1f] Corruption Cards - Choose cards that alter your g

Postby Dan_The_Noob » Tue Jul 20, 2021 9:00 am

do "feign death" enemies feign death repeatedly sometimes? had a bunch of cannibalistic blood fury pinkies with feign death that seemingly wouldn't stay down.
User avatar
Dan_The_Noob
 
Joined: 07 May 2019
Twitch ID: Dan_The_Noob
Operating System: Windows 10/8.1/8/201x 64-bit
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Re: [2.1f] Corruption Cards - Choose cards that alter your g

Postby Rowsol » Tue Jul 20, 2021 11:14 am

I just updated this. I prefer the UI from 2.0. Being able to just start the game and have chaos mode give me a card without any intervention on my part works for me. I believe the less intrusion the better.
User avatar
Rowsol
 
Joined: 06 Mar 2013

PreviousNext

Return to Gameplay Mods

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: ClessxAlghazanth, Officer D and 13 guests