[3.1] Corruption Cards - Choose cards that alter your game!

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are ONLY for YOUR PROJECTS! If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.

Re: [2.1c] Corruption Cards - Choose cards that alter your g

Postby Cutmanmike » Tue Jul 06, 2021 2:54 pm

Yes but it requires a wad with a custom CCARDS lump inside it. See the CCARDS lump inside of the corruption cards pk3 for details on what to do with it.
Cutmanmike
Is it hot in here or is it just ZScript

Discord: https://discord.gg/Whts7Bj
Operating System: Windows Vista/7/2008 64-bit

Postby Dan_The_Noob » Tue Jul 06, 2021 3:02 pm

Cutmanmike wrote:Yes but it requires a wad with a custom CCARDS lump inside it. See the CCARDS lump inside of the corruption cards pk3 for details on what to do with it.

would it be "CCard_SealedMonster" ??

and i can just make a pk3/wad with a txt file saying "removecard CCard_SealedMonster" ?

--EDIT--

Also, I can't find the "levels until add tier" setting anymore?
Dan_The_Noob

Twitch ID: Dan_The_Noob
Operating System: Windows 10/8.1/8/201x 64-bit
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Postby Ryuhi » Tue Jul 06, 2021 5:13 pm

Thank you for adding the ability to change the number of cards shown and the amount to draw in custom, I've been having a blast trying to stack as many effects on a single class in a run as I can.

Flying Demons who are faster and more aggressive that can carry enemies while all enemies explode on impact has certainly been an interesting run so far :D
Ryuhi

Postby Cutmanmike » Wed Jul 07, 2021 4:39 am

Dan_The_Noob wrote:
Cutmanmike wrote:Yes but it requires a wad with a custom CCARDS lump inside it. See the CCARDS lump inside of the corruption cards pk3 for details on what to do with it.

would it be "CCard_SealedMonster" ??

and i can just make a pk3/wad with a txt file saying "removecard CCard_SealedMonster" ?

--EDIT--

Also, I can't find the "levels until add tier" setting anymore?

The card you're after is CCard_MonsterPetrification. Also that option never worked in the first place so I removed it for the time being.
Cutmanmike

Postby Dan_The_Noob » Wed Jul 07, 2021 5:34 am

Cutmanmike wrote: Also that option never worked in the first place so I removed it for the time being.

are you sure it didn't work? I never noticed tier 3+ cards until map 6 or whatever when using it.

maybe it was just the pool getting reduced by picks though...
Dan_The_Noob

Postby UTNerd24 » Thu Jul 08, 2021 4:52 am

This mod is an absolute blast to play. It makes sessions challenging even with Pillowblaster's mods! I was wondering, are you open to suggestions for future cards?
UTNerd24

Postby Cutmanmike » Thu Jul 08, 2021 5:05 am

Of course! Although I am quite picky when it comes to card mechanics. My criteria is:

• Has to be feasible to work (mostly) with any mod. This is why there are barely any player/weapon altering cards.
  • Must not introduce any complicated mechanics. While there are some cards that require a bit of play to understand, I don't want any cards that a player can't understand after interacting with them for a short amount of time. The exception are wild cards, but they're just meant to be fun events and easter eggs. I won't implement too many of these.
  • No "Never pick" or flat out unfun cards. While some card effects can be devastating in certain conditions, a lot of them can be good in the right situation or if the right random monster/species is effected. I don't want to create situations where a card will never ever be chosen no matter the circumstances because it's too annoying or difficult.
  • Not mandatory but I favour card mechanics that gel well with other cards and possible gameplay elements. I.e Leap enchantment + acid enchantment is scary as monsters will more often be in your face than normal.
Cutmanmike

Postby WolVexus » Thu Jul 08, 2021 9:07 am

ohmygod thank you so much for putting in the no damage until the card is picked!!

playing with bd/bd monsters with dox's patch (which btw while the monsters stay alive when the card is picked, they aren't frozen and will attack you if they can see you when you spawn) but now i don't have to worry about that!
WolVexus

Discord: WolVexus#2447
Twitch ID: WolVexus
Github ID: WolVexus

Postby Dan_The_Noob » Thu Jul 08, 2021 6:59 pm

Cutmanmike wrote:No "Never pick" or flat out unfun cards.

like that chicken card that completely screws a whole playthrough

what we need is if we get 2 "blahblahblah has a small companion" it should be like nesting dolls where the smaller one gets an even smaller one. (may require original small one being less small to avoid shooting pixels)
Dan_The_Noob

Postby A_D_M_E_R_A_L » Thu Jul 08, 2021 7:51 pm

Dan_The_Noob wrote:

Or the "Leaking Soul" card where all the bonus health will be drained
A_D_M_E_R_A_L

Discord: A_D_M_E_R_A_L#7602

Postby Rowsol » Thu Jul 08, 2021 7:56 pm

I don't mind either of those. For me, the mirror world is the worst, followed by the earthquake. The keys of power would be a distant third.
Rowsol

Postby Dan_The_Noob » Thu Jul 08, 2021 10:54 pm

A_D_M_E_R_A_L wrote:
Dan_The_Noob wrote:

Or the "Leaking Soul" card where all the bonus health will be drained

i don't really have an issue with leaking soul, though i wish it leaked slower... maybe half or not less of the current speed, to allow us to use some of the health.

Rowsol wrote:I don't mind either of those. For me, the mirror world is the worst, followed by the earthquake. The keys of power would be a distant third.

the chicken card literally makes some levels unplayable due to the fact it never ends.

mirror and earthquake do virtually nothing??? they're maybe a momentary inconvenience
Dan_The_Noob

Postby UTNerd24 » Thu Jul 08, 2021 11:42 pm

Alright so here's some suggestions for some cards I had in mind as well as some possible alterations to existing ones:

Peripheral Jumper: [Monster] moves extremely quickly when not observed. Got the idea from the Abhorrent from Legion of Bones.
Poltergeists: Some map props will try to attack you/be thrown at you. Idea from a Realm667 monster of the same name and function.
Stalker: At some point in the map, a monster will spawn behind you, but will not attack until you turn around. It will follow you until you do.
Accuracy Enchantment: [Monster] is more accurate. I imagine that would be limited to formers.
Motivator: If the player has spent a long time in one map, A Motivator will spawn. It is slow moving and only has a melee attack, but it can move through walls, is invulnerable and deals very high damage.
Disorientation Melee: [Monster]'s Melee attacks will distort the players view briefly. Idea from some of the Spiders in Blood. Essentially taking damage should cause the screen to wobble and maybe create some sort of obscuring overlay.

As for changes to existing cards, I would suggest that Paranoia plays mostly roaming sounds, giving the impression that there's still some monsters left you might have missed. And maybe a toggle for Kleptomaniacs being able/unable to pick up keys? I've had a few maps become kinda broken as monsters have picked up keys and hide behind key locked doors.

That's about everything. Hopefully some of these interest you! Looking forward to your response.
UTNerd24

Postby Cutmanmike » Fri Jul 09, 2021 2:33 am

Dan_The_Noob wrote:the chicken card literally makes some levels unplayable due to the fact it never ends.

It does now

And maybe a toggle for Kleptomaniacs being able/unable to pick up keys? I've had a few maps become kinda broken as monsters have picked up keys and hide behind key locked doors.

What mod were you using? This shouldn't be happening.
Cutmanmike

Postby UTNerd24 » Fri Jul 09, 2021 2:48 am

Cutmanmike wrote:What mod were you using? This shouldn't be happening.

The Trailblazer. It replaces keys with different looking ones. Same goes for Guncaster and I think Russian Overkill
UTNerd24

PreviousNext

Return to Gameplay Mods