[3.0] Corruption Cards - Choose cards that alter your game!

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are ONLY for YOUR PROJECTS! If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.

Re: [1.9c] Corruption Cards - Choose cards that alter your g

Postby Cutmanmike » Sun Jun 06, 2021 11:21 am

It's been long enough without any major bugs, time for 2.0!

• Fixed a bug where the Hand of Baphomet monster sometimes not gaining a shield.
  • Fixed a bug where the Hand of Baphomet monster would get stuck in the air.
  • Fixed friendly monsters being carried by non-friendly monsters.
  • Fixed monsters being able to obtain multiple attack replacement cards (I.e triple + 3 chain).
  • Fixed certain cards that trigger events on projectile death not triggering
  • Mutated cards now highlight in green in the deck viewer and are revealed at the start of every level.
  • Added 1 new card.

Download 2.0

I will be focusing on more behind the scenes recoding and stuff beyond this point, as the ACS based selector and card preview is becoming too much of a burden.

As for cards, I'm honestly still short on ideas. Many of them I end up scrapping because they don't feel fun or you'd just never pick them. You can see some remnants of them in the unused.zscript file. Any ideas for new cards or ways to play are still welcome.
Cutmanmike
Is it hot in here or is it just ZScript

Discord: https://discord.gg/Whts7Bj
Operating System: Windows Vista/7/2008 64-bit

Re: [2.0] Corruption Cards - Choose cards that alter your ga

Postby Rowsol » Sun Jun 06, 2021 12:23 pm

I'll throw some ideas out there.

We have small guys, how about some big guys?
When you kill a guy there's a small chance it'll come back badder than before.
Monsters can shove other monsters out of the way.
You could take inspiration from that other mod and make level placed items grow legs and run from you.
Monster projectiles can pass through their own species.
Monster projectiles have an arcing motion and bounce like grenades.
Rowsol

Postby Lord Misfit » Sun Jun 06, 2021 12:39 pm

I have my own suggestion, regarding reflective monsters, as a solution to a issue one of my friends finds vexing. From what he's indicated, the reflective monsters use the +AIMREFLECT flag, which always causes the shots to reflect straight back at the player, but in Heretic mode, he's been irritated by this to the point he stopped playing the mod for a while until recently. I heard him out, and I wanted to suggest the idea of an option for the type/flag for reflective monsters: such as option[s] for AIMREFLECT, or MIRRORREFLECT, SHIELDREFLECT, or certain combinations of them.

Now I'll admit I have not played the mod yet myself as my time's been held up with other non-Doom activities, though I've seen people like another friend of mine, and some others play it, so I don't know how annoying the AIMREFLECT would be for me personally, and I've heard apparently that reflected projectiles were recently tweaked to be slown down to try to mitigate things, but I can't confirm this at the moment. I'm only making this suggestion for my friend's sake, since he apparently doesn't have an account here on the forums, or he does and barely ever uses it. o.o
Lord Misfit
Servant of Aetherius? Servant of Siel?

Discord: Lord Misfit#9594

Postby Cutmanmike » Sun Jun 06, 2021 12:41 pm

Lord Misfit wrote:I have my own suggestion, regarding reflective monsters, as a solution to a issue one of my friends finds vexing. From what he's indicated, the reflective monsters use the +AIMREFLECT flag

Actually I made my own reflect code for this mod. Originally it used the old Zdoom style reflect but I found it sorta weak. Projectiles are also slowed down when reflected back at you and the monsters that get the reflect buff sparkle so it's easier to spot them.
Cutmanmike

Postby IvanDobrovski » Mon Jun 07, 2021 9:49 pm

- Meteor Rain: Rains meteors in sky areas that deal area damage on impact.

- Stalker: An invulnerable ghost chases you throughout the map that can't be harmed through any means. Slow, doesn't hurt a lot but always there noclipping.

- Avatar of Thunder: A monster is elected to be the avatar of thunder. It brings lightning forth while attacking and random lightning bolts hit the area near it constantly.

- Trick or Treat: Multiple chests spawn in the map that may spawn items, or explode on your face, or something else...

- Rain of the Dead: Random portals open from the ceiling that after a delay, rain dead bodies. They hurt the player on impact. There's a chance they'll become a monster instead on landing instead of exploding into gibs.

- Jackpot: A slot-machine appears somewhere in the level. It can do a lot of weird things, but reward the player on a jackpot.

- Gifts from Beyond: Every dying monster buffs remaining monster's damage by some percentage.

- The bubble: A bubble of water spawns near you at random intervals. It has a spherical shape. You can swim while inside of it. Leaving it pops it.

- Phasing: Some monsters become imbued, they phase in and out of reality alternating between shootable and unshootable.

- Vampire: A monster is buffed to become the vampire. Every attack it lands on targets will heal a percentage of its health.

- Acid cysts: Monsters drop acid filled cysts on death, exploding after a short delay.

- Bounce house: All projectiles will bounce once upon hitting a surface.

- Befuddle: Regular pickup places are shuffled. (Not keys or otherwise progression critical items, but things like ammo, health, powerups etc.)

- Chill augment: Buffs random monsters to build chill stacks on players. The attacks slowly freeze the player. This works in a stack based system where reaching maximum stacks completely freezes a player for a short time.

- Borrowed Time: A monster is marked. When it's killed, it comes back to life unkillable, untargetable for a short time to hunt after the player to avenge itself. After this time the monster vanishes completely.

- Blink: A monster is marked. It gets to teleport near your location ONCE before attacking.

- The Incursion: A random portal will open that will have lots of Nazis come in and attack the demons. After the demons in the area are gone the Nazis go after you.

- Playful Boon: A powerful powerup spawns somewhere in the map. It will teleport to a random location 2 times when you approach it, with the final one allowing you to finally pick it up. (This could also affect all powers in the map for a detrimental version)

- Assimilator: A monster is marked. It assimilates up to 3 nearby monsters, gaining their attacks and health. When it attacks, it briefly transforms to each one of these in rapid succession and fires their attacks.

- The Leader: Near groups of 10 or more monsters, a monster is elected the leader. It will grant nearby monsters extra movement and attack speed. However, if the leader dies all nearby monsters lose a portion of their health and start fleeing for a short time.

- Thieves: Certain imps will randomly spawn near items when you are near that attempt to steal them and escape through the portal they came from. Killing them drops the item normally. If they escape, they are teleported to a random location in the map designated as the "hideout". All subsequent thieves will teleport here along with the items they grabbed.

- Troublemaker: A monster is marked. It attacks in random directions uncontrollably.

- Unholy Attraction: Monsters drop souls when killed. Hungry ghosts appear that try to eat these souls. You can shoot them to deny them of these. When a certain amount of souls have been consumed by the ghosts, a very powerful and dangerous monster appears in the map.

- Series of Unfortunate Events: Your rng is on the unlucky side. Your pickups start giving less things than usual. You need to find a four-leaf clover to get rid of the curse.

- Roulette of Power: You can land critical strikes that deal double damage, but so can your enemies...

I think some of these can be really good. They should be fun and challenging to implement at least.
IvanDobrovski

Postby DarkQuill » Tue Jun 08, 2021 5:26 pm

Been a while since I updated this mod, saw your twitter post and had to get the non-alpha.
Dude, this is so awesome. The new effects are really good, and the tweaking done to some of the older ones is lovely to see as well.
I mentioned this a previous time, but the Small Monster Companions card didn't work when using something like Beautiful Doom. I can say that with this latest version, it now works with 99% efficiency. Kudos on that!

Absolutely love the Mirror World card. That is some really good mind-fuckery. Monsters riding on others is also a favourite, Caco Clouds just got way more dangerous.

Well done, this is absolutely top-notch stuff. Can't believe it's still so compatible with everything else out there.
Last edited by DarkQuill on Tue Jun 08, 2021 5:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
DarkQuill

Postby Cutmanmike » Tue Jun 08, 2021 5:28 pm

DarkQuill wrote:I mentioned this a previous time, but the Small Monster Companions card didn't work when using something like Beautiful Doom. I can say that with this latest version, it now works with 99% efficiency. Kudos on that!

IIRC that had to be fixed by Beautiful Doom, I don't think I did anything there :)
Cutmanmike

Postby DarkQuill » Tue Jun 08, 2021 6:07 pm

Could be some update on the port backend then, I haven't updated Beautiful Doom, haha.

Just wondering, what are the controls for navigating the card compendium? I've tried every button on my keyboard and can't do anything but back out of the menu.
DarkQuill

Postby Cutmanmike » Tue Jun 08, 2021 6:07 pm

Ah, I knew I forgot something. You have to use the mouse for now.
Cutmanmike

Postby undeadmonk354 » Wed Jun 09, 2021 6:34 pm

Excuse me, is Rampancy compatible with Corruption Cards?
undeadmonk354

Discord: Crazyboy88#3491

Postby BradmanX » Sat Jun 12, 2021 2:45 pm

undeadmonk354 wrote:Excuse me, is Rampancy compatible with Corruption Cards?

Yep, Corruption Cards works with Rampancy and most other monster mods as well.
BradmanX

Postby Cutmanmike » Thu Jul 01, 2021 9:03 am

Well met!

As I have mentioned in the past I wanted to rework the UI of the game to allow for easier editing, but also allow more options for players. I have begun this process, but doing so required me to rewrite a bit of the backend, so I expect a few bugs may crop up out of this. Please report any you find, and take your CC runs with a grain of "could explode" salt :). Some things aren't finished and you may find a couple of features missing, such as the mystery cards. The card viewer is still using the old ACS method too for now, as I still need to decide on a nice way to display all the current card effects for the mad lads who go above and beyond 30 cards.

Speaking of, I have added some new options to the Custom game mode which allow for more ways to play. You can choose for the game to offer you more (or less) than three cards, up to a maximum of 8! You can also decide how many of these cards players are forced to take. For example, you could offer 6 cards, and the player has to choose 2 of them. Or go nuts and force the player to take 8 random permanent cards each map :)

And as usual, I've also added few new cards to the mix. Enjoy!

• UI overhaul. Now uses ZForms menus and can be navigated with the mouse. WIP!
  • Added small icons to each card to give a rough indication of their effect type.
  • Added a custom card frame for Wild Cards. Wild Cards are special cards that only appear when certain special conditions are met, and usually have crazy effects.
  • Added more options to Custom game mode. You can now choose up to 8 cards to offer the player, and customize how many they are forced to pick.
  • Added an option to disable menu animations.
  • Removed Mystery cards from Custom game mode (possibly to be added back in later).
  • Removed keybinds to choose cards.
  • Removed the multiplayer turn timer.
  • Fixed a bug with monster specific stackable cards (only effected Explosives Augment card).
  • Fixed an error with the card count on the deck selection.
  • Fixed a bug where the game would always spawn 99 Wrath Sentries (whoops!).
  • Added a charging visual effect to Wrath Sentries.
  • Added 6 new cards.
  • Added 1 new Wild Card.

Download: http://cutstuff.net/public/CorruptionCards-v2.1.pk3
Cutmanmike

Re: [2.1] Corruption Cards - Choose cards that alter your ga

Postby GreenDoomguy1999 » Thu Jul 01, 2021 9:29 am

Don't know is it a bug or I loaded v.2.1 incorrectly(tried in GZD 4.5.0 and LZD 3.86a),but it loads like I didn't added it
GreenDoomguy1999

Postby Cutmanmike » Thu Jul 01, 2021 9:34 am

GreenDoomguy1999 wrote:Don't know is it a bug or I loaded v.2.1 incorrectly(tried in GZD 4.5.0 and LZD 3.86a),but it loads like I didn't added it

Sorry I made an error with the upload. Please redownload, should work correctly.

Edit: Currently a bug with loading save games, will fix later sorry!
Cutmanmike

Postby WolVexus » Thu Jul 01, 2021 1:12 pm

Not too sure why neither the link on the page nor the one above works
WolVexus

Discord: WolVexus#2447
Twitch ID: WolVexus
Github ID: WolVexus
Operating System: Windows 10/8.1/8/201x 64-bit