[1.7a] Corruption Cards - Choose cards that alter your game!

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are ONLY for YOUR PROJECTS! If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.

Re: [1.5] Corruption Cards - Choose cards that alter your ga

Postby Cutmanmike » Sun Feb 14, 2021 5:38 pm

The card never did that, things would get very out of control if it spawned an additional monster whenever a monster was spawned :P

Additional Monster: At the start of the level, for every (monster) already in the map, spawn another (monster). Don't spawn an extra monster if already spawned 100 extra monsters this way.

Respawning Monster: Every (monster) already placed in the map will respawn after a few minutes. The healthier the monster, the longer they take to respawn.

I was thinking about it, maybe I should make an in-game card-dex that gives detailed explanations of the cards. Sorta like DRLA's pda.
Cutmanmike
Is it hot in here or is it just ZScript

Discord: https://discord.gg/Whts7Bj
Operating System: Windows Vista/7/2008 64-bit

Postby Dan_The_Noob » Sun Feb 14, 2021 11:03 pm

Cutmanmike wrote:The card never did that, things would get very out of control if it spawned an additional monster whenever a monster was spawned :P

Additional Monster: At the start of the level, for every (monster) already in the map, spawn another (monster). Don't spawn an extra monster if already spawned 100 extra monsters this way.

Respawning Monster: Every (monster) already placed in the map will respawn after a few minutes. The healthier the monster, the longer they take to respawn.

I was thinking about it, maybe I should make an in-game card-dex that gives detailed explanations of the cards. Sorta like DRLA's pda.

it definitely does that in the older Zandronum version, which is cool.
and until recently did it in this version (may only apply to custom monsters for some reason?)

-EDIT- OHH it may be because Intensify replaces enemies with spawners which then spawn stuff to allow for variants? (GZDoom)
Dan_The_Noob

Twitch ID: Dan_The_Noob
Operating System: Windows 10/8.1/8/201x 64-bit
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Postby comet1337 » Mon Feb 15, 2021 9:43 am

here to confess that i abuse the invisibility card on hitscanner heavy maps, and ones that give berserk early to do stealth runs
the purpose of it is just to make projectile enemies less predictable, right?
in order to not make it a permanent situational powerup, it could keep randomly toggling on and off every second to half second
this would make sneaking pretty much impossible and also make zombies able to hit something (occasionally anyway)

i feel like the miniature army enemy should have the curse effect like the others do so you can atleast see it coming before you get cornered by 20 mini barons

and a card suggestion for good measure: one monster is MENTAL, it is completely invisible
(reference to sam 3's highest bullshit difficulty)
comet1337

Postby Cutmanmike » Mon Feb 15, 2021 1:10 pm

comet1337 wrote:in order to not make it a permanent situational powerup, it could keep randomly toggling on and off every second to half second

That's actually a pretty good solution for a rather annoying feature you can't turn off via mods AFAIK.

comet1337 wrote:i feel like the miniature army enemy should have the curse effect like the others do so you can atleast see it coming before you get cornered by 20 mini barons

I kind of like the fact it's a mystery and panic inducing when it finally pops :)
Cutmanmike

Postby Cutmanmike » Mon Feb 15, 2021 3:19 pm

• Fixed a bug where a monster's attack could be replaced with the same attack.
  • Fixed a bug with certain replaced tracer projectiles causing unintended side effects.
  • Fixed a bug where stone monsters could leave a solid corpse.
  • Fixed a debug message I left in with attack replacer cards.
  • Elite Team of monsters speed nerfed. Also removed the Resurrection curse from the green team member.
  • Player has Partial Invisibility card no longer applies the Zdoom "stealth" buff.
  • Mineature army will spawn less monsters based on the originator's health (5 minimum, 30 maximum).
  • Ghosts now have half the health of the original monster.
  • Monsters can no longer carry friendly monsters.
  • Decreased the chance of non-generic cards showing up slightly.
  • Added one new card.

Download
Last edited by Cutmanmike on Tue Feb 16, 2021 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Cutmanmike

Postby Dan_The_Noob » Mon Feb 15, 2021 10:09 pm

Cutmanmike wrote:
  • Also removed the Resurrection curse.
  • Player has Partial Invisibility card no longer applies the Zdoom "stealth" buff.
  • Mineature army will spawn less monsters based on the originator's health (5 minimum, 30 maximum).
  • Ghosts now have half the health of the original monster.

this mod is taking a turn away from the chaos :(
Dan_The_Noob

Twitch ID: Dan_The_Noob
Operating System: Windows 10/8.1/8/201x 64-bit
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Postby comet1337 » Tue Feb 16, 2021 5:03 am

Cutmanmike wrote:
  • Added one new card.

oh no i just found it
atleast they still bleed
comet1337

Re: [1.5a] Corruption Cards - Choose cards that alter your g

Postby Rowsol » Tue Feb 16, 2021 5:27 pm

The game just crashed shortly after picking the harmless illusions. Sorry I can't elaborate because gzdoom had a fatal error and nothing shows in the console. Using 4.3.3.
Last edited by Rowsol on Tue Feb 16, 2021 5:36 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Rowsol

Postby Cutmanmike » Tue Feb 16, 2021 5:30 pm

Rowsol wrote:The game just crashed shortly after picking the harmless illusions. Sorry I can't elaborate because gzdoom had a fatal error and nothing shows in the console. Using 4.3.3.

Oof. Any custom monsters?
Cutmanmike

Postby Rowsol » Tue Feb 16, 2021 5:37 pm

I was using guncaster with nashgore.

Another thing to report.

I picked the "cursed monster mirrors your world" and when it happened I decided to load the level from the beginning, as I can barely control my character. Reloading the save did nothing, the reversed controls persisted. Reloading gzdoom fixed it.
Rowsol

Postby Cutmanmike » Tue Feb 16, 2021 5:54 pm

Rowsol wrote:I picked the "cursed monster mirrors your world" and when it happened I decided to load the level from the beginning, as I can barely control my character. Reloading the save did nothing, the reversed controls persisted. Reloading gzdoom fixed it.

This card is proving to be more hassle than it's worth :| , were you using 1.4 or higher? I make changes to that card almost every version it seems like.
Cutmanmike

Postby Rowsol » Tue Feb 16, 2021 6:39 pm

I'm using the newest 1.5a.

edit: I should note that picking a card requires me to press the use button a few times now. I never had that issue with earlier versions. It turns out there's just a delay until you can pick a card. I can't say I'm a fan.

And can I get a clarification on what the assassin mod does?

By the way, I've uploaded a bunch of videos with this mod. Here's the first one and then most videos after that one.
Last edited by Rowsol on Wed Feb 17, 2021 11:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Rowsol

Postby Stephen312312 » Wed Feb 17, 2021 12:15 pm

I found another issue, the card for keys giving monsters random card buffs when collecting them even appear on maps with no keys.
Stephen312312

Postby Cutmanmike » Thu Feb 18, 2021 12:37 pm

Stephen312312 wrote:I found another issue, the card for keys giving monsters random card buffs when collecting them even appear on maps with no keys.

What mods are you using so I can test this out?
Cutmanmike

Postby Stephen312312 » Thu Feb 18, 2021 12:43 pm

Cutmanmike wrote:
Stephen312312 wrote:I found another issue, the card for keys giving monsters random card buffs when collecting them even appear on maps with no keys.

What mods are you using so I can test this out?

I'm not using any mods and it just happens sometimes.
Stephen312312

PreviousNext

Return to Gameplay Mods