[1.0] Corruption Cards - Choose cards that alter your game!

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are ONLY for YOUR PROJECTS! If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.

Re: [1.0] Corruption Cards - Choose cards that alter your ga

Postby Magicalmage » Fri Jan 08, 2021 3:37 am

What ze heck? It works with samsara heroes AND samsara mixer? I'm honestly shocked at how compatible it is. I even saw cards that affect mixer exclusive enemies.
Magicalmage

Postby Netheritor » Fri Jan 08, 2021 3:37 am

Will you make for another iwad too?
Netheritor

Postby A_D_M_E_R_A_L » Fri Jan 08, 2021 4:54 am

Congrats on the 1.0 release
A_D_M_E_R_A_L

Discord: A_D_M_E_R_A_L#7602

Postby Cutmanmike » Fri Jan 08, 2021 7:28 am

Redead-ITA wrote:Ok i think i have noticed a thing with this mod is that if enemy actors aren't of Type Monsters (Stickguy in doom monsters are abstract types.) then there won't be any card that modifies monsters outside of poisonous cloud of monster dieing releasing a poisonous cloud, I was going to ask if you could make it so it checks for actors who have the Monster Flag inside their actor on the current map to make the calculations there but i am not sure if it is possible, an alternative would be to help me check if it is possible to implement a compatibility mode for it seeing i have no idea how.

I will have to add something in CCARDs so you can specify custom classes for you to do that. At the moment it checks for ISMONSTER, COUNTKILL, not FRIENDLY and health > 0. I'll have to check out the mod if you want to link it for me.
Cutmanmike
Is it hot in here or is it just ZScript

Discord: https://discord.gg/Whts7Bj
Operating System: Windows Vista/7/2008 64-bit

Postby doomfiend » Fri Jan 08, 2021 10:43 am

Cant thank you enough for this mod, it has revitalized my love for Doom; Had lots of fun on stream today xD
doomfiend

Postby Sgt. Ham » Fri Jan 08, 2021 12:27 pm

I'm definitely going to be using this as soon as Combine Kegan updates Combined_Arms to add on to the silliness. Nice work, dude!
Sgt. Ham

Postby Redead-ITA » Fri Jan 08, 2021 12:37 pm

Cutmanmike wrote:At the moment it checks for ISMONSTER, COUNTKILL, not FRIENDLY and health > 0. I'll have to check out the mod if you want to link it for me.

Oh my mod has the monster flag but without the count kill part because i implemented custom unique animations if they killed the player, which would then lead them to a vacant death state but they wouldn't be counted in the kill count, so i made them without for obvious reasons.
anyway here is the mod that has the enemies.
Redead-ITA
I suck at H posing

Postby Dan_The_Noob » Sat Jan 09, 2021 12:15 am

gave this a crack last night, with mods it seems to add a monster for each variant rather than the initial map spawns, which is fine for most mods but some mods have a lot of creature variants so the cards don't affect much.
Dan_The_Noob

Twitch ID: Dan_The_Noob
Operating System: Windows 10/8.1/8/201x 64-bit
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Postby Josko » Sat Jan 09, 2021 3:53 am

I thing I thought of, that card where monsters exlode on death, the explosion effect is so ugly, it's the vanilla doom explosion I know, but surely it can be improved? For example, AEons of Death mod has a great explosion effect on barrels, maybe you can use that and Credit the Devs of AEoD for the Explosion effect? Just a thought :P
Josko

Postby Lime » Sat Jan 09, 2021 3:58 am

I hate that it is compatible on Legendoom, which makes the runs in every game much tougher.
- Congratulations as well on the 1.0 release.
Lime
(Staring........)

Postby Dan_The_Noob » Sat Jan 09, 2021 5:26 am

Josko wrote:I thing I thought of, that card where monsters exlode on death, the explosion effect is so ugly, it's the vanilla doom explosion I know, but surely it can be improved? For example, AEons of Death mod has a great explosion effect on barrels, maybe you can use that and Credit the Devs of AEoD for the Explosion effect? Just a thought :P

they would have to make every explosion death inherit the specific explosions tied to barrels or something.
Dan_The_Noob

Twitch ID: Dan_The_Noob
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Postby Josko » Sat Jan 09, 2021 6:13 am

A new card idea:

Some monsters have a chance to become a CHAMPION

Champion monsters are bigger in size and have 2x health! So you could meet a Shotgunguy that is twice as large and also has double Health. Perhaps also give them a slightly red color.

I think that could be fun!
Josko

Postby zelda81 » Sat Jan 09, 2021 7:00 am

download link does not work for me it does nothing its odd?
zelda81

Postby Rowsol » Sat Jan 09, 2021 7:31 am

zelda81 wrote:download link does not work for me it does nothing its odd?

Right click > Open in new tab.
It fixes the problem for me.
Rowsol

Postby Cutmanmike » Sat Jan 09, 2021 7:47 am

Dan_The_Noob wrote:gave this a crack last night, with mods it seems to add a monster for each variant rather than the initial map spawns, which is fine for most mods but some mods have a lot of creature variants so the cards don't affect much.

Not much I can do about that. Ideally monster packs set up monster species, so that cards can group them together properly. I could add a way for modders to group monsters together without adding species via an external lump (CCARDS) if that's a problem.

Josko wrote:I thing I thought of, that card where monsters exlode on death, the explosion effect is so ugly, it's the vanilla doom explosion I know, but surely it can be improved? For example, AEons of Death mod has a great explosion effect on barrels, maybe you can use that and Credit the Devs of AEoD for the Explosion effect? Just a thought :P

That is outside of the scope of this mod, as it is also intended to work with vanilla doom :) An external patch could change the actor though.
Cutmanmike
Is it hot in here or is it just ZScript

Discord: https://discord.gg/Whts7Bj
Operating System: Windows Vista/7/2008 64-bit

PreviousNext

Return to Gameplay Mods