[v21a beta] Corruption Cards - Experimental attack replacers

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are ONLY for YOUR PROJECTS! If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.

Re: [v20a beta] Corruption Cards - Experimental attack repla

Postby WolVexus » Mon Nov 16, 2020 7:46 am

Cutmanmike wrote:That's due to guncaster I believe. For some reason that weapon or class does not care for player property being set to TOTALLYFROZEN. The only nice way around this is if I change it so you press use instead of fire on the card selection screen.

Ah, okay. Ty
WolVexus

Discord: WolVexus#2447
Twitch ID: WolVexus
Github ID: WolVexus
Operating System: Windows 10/8.1/8/201x 64-bit
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Postby Cutmanmike » Tue Nov 17, 2020 9:06 am

Small update to fix a pretty big oversight :)

• Fixed replacement projectiles getting stuck in midair if the projectile was blocked upon spawning.
  • Added a different SwitchableDecoration fix. These actors will no longer get caught by the Thinkers trying to unfreeze them on spawn (triggering their Active/Deactive states), and are now ignored.
  • (Multiplayer) Key binds for selecting a card now check for the correct player.
  • You can now use the Use key for Card/Game selection instead. You can toggle which key (or both) in the options.

http://cutstuff.net/public/CorruptionCards-20b.pk3
Cutmanmike
Is it hot in here or is it just ZScript

Postby WolVexus » Tue Nov 17, 2020 9:07 am

Ayyyyyyy that was fast man
WolVexus

Discord: WolVexus#2447
Twitch ID: WolVexus
Github ID: WolVexus
Operating System: Windows 10/8.1/8/201x 64-bit
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Re: [v20b beta] Corruption Cards - Experimental attack repla

Postby DarkQuill » Thu Nov 19, 2020 1:14 am

Engine Used: GZDoom v 4.5.0

Bug:
Small Companion Card doesn't appear to be working properly with custom monsters after they spot you. Monsters will show up tiny using the automap cheat, but then become full size once they awaken. Will still have the low HP and hitbox/attack angles of tiny monsters. Tested with latest version of BeautifulDoom.

Bug:
Blood/Radioactive/Sludge rain doesn't seem to show up at all? Shows up on the automap with the cheat as glowing DoomGuy sprites so you can tell it's working, just not visible. Tested with both the latest version of BeautifulDoom and vanilla Doom2.

Suggestion:
Add a hud message letting you know the invincible monster is now free to kill after reaching 90%+ kills.

I hadn't played this for a while since there was a long delay after v0.6, so glad to see you're still updating this, it's super fun~
DarkQuill

Postby Cutmanmike » Thu Nov 19, 2020 10:34 am

Unfortunately I don't think there's a fix I can do for beautiful Doom, as the actors are constantly setting their scale back to default in their See state. I tried to brute force it but it creates twitchy monsters as they are fighting for their correct scale back. Best you can do is remove the size altering cards with a CCARDS lump:

Code: Select allExpand view
removecard CCard_ChildMonster
removecard CCard_ClownCarMonster

The rain appears to be working correctly in GZdoom 4.5.0 for me. Are you running any other wads/skins that could be taking away the rain sprites?

I will add the message for the god monster :)
Cutmanmike

Postby DarkQuill » Fri Nov 20, 2020 3:16 am

Not to worry with the Beautiful Doom compatibility, if that's how the mod's built, that's how it's built.

Actually, after looking through the contents for CorruptionCards, there are no sprites for the rain types anywhere. I think you might be using a version different to the one up for download? :wink:
DarkQuill

Postby doomfiend » Fri Nov 20, 2020 3:55 am

I know what Im doing now
doomfiend

Postby Cutmanmike » Fri Nov 20, 2020 8:03 am

DarkQuill wrote:Actually, after looking through the contents for CorruptionCards, there are no sprites for the rain types anywhere. I think you might be using a version different to the one up for download? :wink:

OOPS! My pk3 compiler was ignoring files without extensions. That's forced me to make a release :P

• Fixed lots of missing sprites and sounds. Doh!
  • Attempted to fix monsters that rescaled themselves after being shrunk by a card effect (still broken in beautiful doom sadly).
  • Improved compatibility (now works with QCDE monsters).
  • Fixed a bug with CCARDS unfreezing any actor defined in it.
  • Added 3 new cards!

http://cutstuff.net/public/CorruptionCards-21a.pk3
Cutmanmike

Re: [v21a beta] Corruption Cards - Experimental attack repla

Postby MsrSgtShooterPerson » Tue Nov 24, 2020 8:17 am

Hey Mike! Thanks for the terrific work on the new cards so far - I especially love the new dynamic monster projectile cards! My game now have imps shooting rockets... and revenants shooting bullets!

I unfortunately encountered an error with the earthquake card while playing on Zagemod (and Zagegore, which I believe is a modified Bolognese gore mod)

Here's an image from the console: https://imgur.com/a/TeHx5Qp
MsrSgtShooterPerson

Discord: MsrSgtShooterPerson
Github ID: GTD-Carthage

Postby Gorec » Tue Nov 24, 2020 12:03 pm

i had the same error message as above but i chose something else dont remember tho, i think it was one of the monster card effects(not generic)
Gorec

Postby Odorousbag87 » Tue Nov 24, 2020 6:53 pm

So there is one, I guess bug? I don't think there is any sensible way to fix it given how one of the cards work. But there is a game-breaking chance when it comes to the extra barrels card. Which sucks because this is one of my favorite cards of the bunch! But barrels will spawn in enemy spawn rooms and will prevent enemies from spawning in encounters. For example on maps of chaos, there is a section in Episode 1 Map 9 where if you have fired your weapon at the beginning of the map enemies will come in at the rocket launcher room once you pick it up. If you have the extra barrels card sometimes barrels will block the teleporters and then you will get either very few spawns or no spawns at all. There was another instance of this in Perditions Gate and I believe TNT. Only using these examples BUT, it could be affected on any map where monsters are waiting for standby in an off-map room. I just wanted to bring the bug to light unless it has already been brought up. Granted the last time i downloaded the mod it was with 8a and not the more recent 21a. So I will see how that fairs.
Odorousbag87

Discord: odorousbag87#6891
Twitch ID: www.twitch.tv/i_punch_demons

Postby Cutmanmike » Wed Nov 25, 2020 3:53 am

That should no longer be a thing as barrel spawners target items on the map now instead of items and monsters (unless the mapper has items placed in monster spawners... for some reason).
Cutmanmike

Previous

Return to Gameplay Mods