[v7b beta] Corruption Cards - Now testing mod support!

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are ONLY for YOUR PROJECTS! If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.

Re: [v7b beta] Corruption Cards - Now testing mod support!

Postby D3athStalker » Thu Oct 15, 2020 1:58 am

I'm really enjoying this addon, it actually made me return to playing Doom in a regular basis lol. The card that spawns a gang of Arch-Viles is just pure evil, I love it.

Also I'd like to give a crash report as well. With BD Monsters (v20b), the game aborts whenever I gib some of the certain monster types (like the chaingunner) with the jetpack or kill them with fire. And for a personal suggestion for the flying monsters, I think a stream of fire going below the monsters' feet would look better as well, since the jetpack itself looks pretty silly on the bigger monsters.

On another note, I have encountered a card that says "Demons will shoot triple projectiles" twice, even though pinky demons don't really shoot projectiles. Although this could have to do with BD Monsters again, since I don't recall encountering this card on vanilla monsters.
D3athStalker
>bind mouse1 "summon bfgball" *click click click*

Discord: D3athStalker#3538

Postby Cutmanmike » Thu Oct 15, 2020 4:36 am

D3athStalker wrote:With BD Monsters (v20b), the game aborts whenever I gib some of the certain monster types (like the chaingunner) with the jetpack or kill them with fire.

Could you link the mod?

On another note, I have encountered a card that says "Demons will shoot triple projectiles" twice, even though pinky demons don't really shoot projectiles. Although this could have to do with BD Monsters again, since I don't recall encountering this card on vanilla monsters.

Do you remember if you had a reflective demons card at the time? If not, probably due to the monster pack. The way it works is the game checks whenever a monster launches a projectile, checks some flags on it to see if it's most likely an attack and not some effect actor, then adds it to a list. That list gets checked when card generation happens to see if that monster throws projectiles.
Cutmanmike
Is it hot in here or is it just ZScript

Postby D3athStalker » Thu Oct 15, 2020 5:13 am

Cutmanmike wrote:Could you link the mod?

https://www.moddb.com/mods/brutal-doom/ ... sters-only

Do you remember if you had a reflective demons card at the time? If not, probably due to the monster pack. The way it works is the game checks whenever a monster launches a projectile, checks some flags on it to see if it's most likely an attack and not some effect actor, then adds it to a list. That list gets checked when card generation happens to see if that monster throws projectiles.

Could be. Also here's the screenie for that, it also shows the spectre sprite for some reason, it's really odd but yeah, most likely due to the monster pack:
Spoiler:
D3athStalker
>bind mouse1 "summon bfgball" *click click click*

Discord: D3athStalker#3538

Previous

Return to Gameplay Mods