[RELEASE] DN3DooM - update v.1.07

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are ONLY for YOUR PROJECTS! If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.

Re: [RELEASE] DN3DooM - update v.1.07

Postby kabuto » Wed May 25, 2022 2:55 pm

Max Dickings wrote:Okay hear me out -

Side-version of DN3D that consists of the weapons of DNF 2001 now that we have access to it. Instead of weird glocks we get a powerful golden deagle, that M16 that can fire 40mm (rocket ammo), and that awesome slinged shotgun? Yes please :wub:

PSA the DNF 2001 alpha build was released and is available on moddb, tricky to get working though. I think have it run from the C drive solved my problems.

Kipo wrote: That would be awesome, sadly it's way out of my league, since it requires working with 3d models. But it's doable.

Have you thinked in do in it with sprites from the internet ? I mean there isn´t sprites based in the 2001 version (At least i dont know none ) But you can try to make weapons that function similrarly but with a diferent models(Ex. the railgun from shadow warrior for the railgun in DNF 2001) Also the duke nukem 3d mods DNF 2013 and Kickass edition have sprites similar to the models of DNF 2001 for the M16, the shrink gun, the rocket launcher (In th case of DNF 2013) and the golden eagle(In Kickass.)
kabuto

Operating System: Windows 10/8.1/8/201x 64-bit
OS Test Version: No (Using Stable Public Version)

Postby kabuto » Wed May 25, 2022 3:02 pm

Speaking of Kickass Edition, you should totally check out that mod if you need new ideas for your mod. It has some very interesting stuff.
P.D: Keep up the good work, this is one of my favorite mods!
kabuto

Operating System: Windows 10/8.1/8/201x 64-bit
OS Test Version: No (Using Stable Public Version)

Postby OverDriver05 » Wed May 25, 2022 6:09 pm

Here's a little suggestion: Please make an option to disable those pesky Sentry Drones!
OverDriver05

Discord: OverDriver05
Github ID: OverDriver05
Operating System: Windows Vista/7/2008 64-bit
Graphics Processor: nVidia (Modern GZDoom)

Postby kipo » Wed May 25, 2022 11:14 pm

kabuto wrote:Have you thinked in do in it with sprites from the internet ? I mean there isn´t sprites based in the 2001 version (At least i dont know none ) But you can try to make weapons that function similrarly but with a diferent models(Ex. the railgun from shadow warrior for the railgun in DNF 2001) Also the duke nukem 3d mods DNF 2013 and Kickass edition have sprites similar to the models of DNF 2001 for the M16, the shrink gun, the rocket launcher (In th case of DNF 2013) and the golden eagle(In Kickass.)

Nah it would be cooler to export the models and just use them as cosmetic replacements. Like having the m16 instead of the ripper, but only visually.

OverDriver05 wrote:Here's a little suggestion: Please make an option to disable those pesky Sentry Drones!

Have you tried the latest versions of the mod? The sentry drones have been nerfed a long time ago, so they are not even a threat anymore (they are actually rather easy). Also they now share the same enemy slot with other enemies, so they won't even come in packs anymore.
On the other hand, I think I need to add a slider for the slimer eggs % of appearance, because although the slimers have been fixed already (they die instantly when attacked whilst facehugging), they can be annoying (or traumatizing) for some people.
kipo

Postby Clownman » Wed Jun 01, 2022 8:19 pm

For whatever reason the enemies aren't switching to their "frozen" palletes when being killed with the Freezethrower.
Clownman
I'm not gonna fight you... I'm gonna kick your ass.

Postby kipo » Wed Jun 01, 2022 10:27 pm

That's a new one. Are you using other mods?
kipo

Postby Clownman » Thu Jun 02, 2022 12:41 am

kipo wrote:That's a new one. Are you using other mods?

Just the Sterilized version of Ashes Afterglow. Was having a blast otherwise, really felt like a proper Duke mappack.

EDIT: Figured out the problem. It was happening because I was using the latest devbuild of GZDoom. Dunno why that breaks it, but w/e.
Clownman
I'm not gonna fight you... I'm gonna kick your ass.

Postby kipo » Sun Jun 05, 2022 12:22 pm

That's good to know. I just tried that last gzdoom version and found no problems. I hope such issues don't reach the public release version in the future.

Edit: I tried the devbuild and there's indeed a problems, seems like it's not recognizing its own internal translation "Ice". I hope the devs notice it.

Btw, you are right Ashes Afterglow feels like a proper duke mappack. The previous releases also fit well with the Duke.
kipo

Postby Lord Misfit » Sun Jun 05, 2022 9:31 pm

kipo wrote:Edit: I tried the devbuild and there's indeed a problems, seems like it's not recognizing its own internal translation "Ice". I hope the devs notice it.

This feels like something that should be reported in the Bugs forum, considering I've been noticing this happening as well on an entirely different mod. It's not too likely the devs will notice this otherwise, because the only vanilla game that uses Ice damage in GZDoom is Hexen, where monsters that can be frozen all use unique sprites and not the 'Ice' translation. x.x
Lord Misfit
Servant of Aetherius? Servant of Siel?

Discord: Lord Misfit#9594

Postby kipo » Sun Jun 05, 2022 11:06 pm

Thanks, I see you already reported it.
kipo

Previous

Return to Gameplay Mods