Isabelle Companion

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are ONLY for YOUR PROJECTS! If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.

Re: Isabelle Companion

Postby FlashTrickstar » Wed Jun 03, 2020 8:33 pm

So since it's likely you won't be coming back to these for a while, could you maybe give some assets that we could potentially use for making our own companion mods?
FlashTrickstar
 
Joined: 10 Mar 2020
Operating System: Windows 10/8.1/8/201x 64-bit

Re: Isabelle Companion

Postby Captain J » Wed Jun 03, 2020 10:16 pm

I'd like to see companion mods with a bit of originality, but using some assets from other mods in a practicing way is fine as long as you get a permission to do so, and give credits to the author.

Would be easy to just privately ask the author about it, though. Just saying.
User avatar
Captain J
That's Amoreee
 
 
 
Joined: 02 Oct 2012
Location: A Year old Pizza Box
Discord: DiscussJ#3128

Re: Isabelle Companion

Postby TheGrandGumby » Tue Sep 01, 2020 7:23 pm

Not that anybody cares, but I've converted her to a wad format. (Only because you can't nest pk3s inside pk3s*)

https://www.dropbox.com/s/d82honqfoan20 ... e.wad?dl=0

Since this is listed as "Public Domain" I'm including her in my mod. https://github.com/mridlen/Oblige_Realm667

Also I cleaned up the errors.

*Long story: My mod is for the purposes that other people can try out the monsters and then include them in other mods. I've left all the wads separate from each other (inside the pk3) so that it's easy to pick out the resources you want. It's also nice because you can be assured that there are no conflicts between your resources, since I did all the hard troubleshooting work to clear those up.
User avatar
TheGrandGumby
 
Joined: 29 Jul 2020
Discord: mridlen
Github ID: mridlen
Operating System: RedHat-like Linux (RHEL, Fedora, CentOS, etc) 64-bit
OS Test Version: No (Using Stable Public Version)
Graphics Processor: ATI/AMD with Vulkan Support

Re: Isabelle Companion

Postby drdubyu » Fri Sep 11, 2020 3:09 pm

hey there, has there been an update or a way we can set it so the RLArsenal melee attacks register on the high five?
drdubyu
 
Joined: 11 Sep 2020

Re: Isabelle Companion

Postby Spaceman333 » Tue Sep 15, 2020 1:44 pm

The high-five feature of this mod made me geniunely smile and feel happy. Wasn't expecting something that wholesome as a real feature. :)
User avatar
Spaceman333
 
Joined: 13 Oct 2016

Re: Isabelle Companion

Postby goldenmob72 » Thu Mar 11, 2021 9:18 am

TheGrandGumby wrote:Not that anybody cares, but I've converted her to a wad format. (Only because you can't nest pk3s inside pk3s*)

https://www.dropbox.com/s/d82honqfoan20 ... e.wad?dl=0

Since this is listed as "Public Domain" I'm including her in my mod. https://github.com/mridlen/Oblige_Realm667

Also I cleaned up the errors.

*Long story: My mod is for the purposes that other people can try out the monsters and then include them in other mods. I've left all the wads separate from each other (inside the pk3) so that it's easy to pick out the resources you want. It's also nice because you can be assured that there are no conflicts between your resources, since I did all the hard troubleshooting work to clear those up.


Isabelle doesn't spawn in the beginning of the wad [map]
Pls fix ?
User avatar
goldenmob72
GOLDƎN MOBSTƎЯ72
 
Joined: 14 Sep 2017
Discord: GOLDƎN MOBSTƎЯ#2196

Re: Isabelle Companion

Postby Vphurple Izumi » Fri Jun 18, 2021 7:15 pm

itsmeveronica wrote:Warning: This mod contains some hidden sexual (NSFW) content. Please do not download this mod if you are offended by such things. -Staff

Wait, what?
User avatar
Vphurple Izumi
Mod it, till it crashes
 
Joined: 30 Nov 2020
Discord: Vphurple Izumi#2117
Operating System: Windows 10/8.1/8/201x 64-bit
OS Test Version: No (Using Stable Public Version)
Graphics Processor: ATI/AMD (Modern GZDoom)

Re: Isabelle Companion

Postby wildweasel » Fri Jun 18, 2021 7:24 pm

Vphurple Izumi wrote:
itsmeveronica wrote:Warning: This mod contains some hidden sexual (NSFW) content. Please do not download this mod if you are offended by such things. -Staff

Wait, what?

The author, who has conveniently not shown up on the forums for a while, embedded an Easter egg that is a bit not-kosher. Details have been described elsewhere by now, I imagine.
User avatar
wildweasel
from a different perspective.
Moderator Team Lead
 
Joined: 15 Jul 2003

Re: Isabelle Companion

Postby Starman the Blaziken » Sat Jun 19, 2021 11:40 am

wildweasel wrote:
Vphurple Izumi wrote:
itsmeveronica wrote:Warning: This mod contains some hidden sexual (NSFW) content. Please do not download this mod if you are offended by such things. -Staff

Wait, what?

The author, who has conveniently not shown up on the forums for a while, embedded an Easter egg that is a bit not-kosher. Details have been described elsewhere by now, I imagine.

Yes actually, I dunno if it is still on Mod DB... But, this guy made it out of having spite since the creator of the mod found out sprites with name and all in the files and seen the easter egg trigger with doing said explicit thing when up to the protagonist. I think he made it before this NSFW warning got put up if I recall it being there in the first place, so it seems it was a sort of call out in mod form to a not wholesome easter egg.
If you know what it was the creator made though, I rather not let in on details unless you seen his video or mod already to avoid issues here.
Starman the Blaziken
Are you finished with those errands?
 
Joined: 07 Mar 2019
Location: United States, MI
Discord: Starman The Blaziken#2417
Operating System: Windows 10/8.1/8/201x 64-bit
Graphics Processor: ATI/AMD (Modern GZDoom)

Re: Isabelle Companion

Postby retronutcase » Sat Jun 19, 2021 7:24 pm

...Yeah, just found out about the NSFW thing and ew. It ruins what was originally a very wholesome mod. I don't understand exactly why that's even a thing. I don't know much about Decorate and the like, is there any way to just, y'know, DISABLE that NSFW thing?
retronutcase
 
Joined: 07 Jun 2018

Re: Isabelle Companion

Postby wildweasel » Sat Jun 19, 2021 7:30 pm

retronutcase wrote:...Yeah, just found out about the NSFW thing and ew. It ruins what was originally a very wholesome mod. I don't understand exactly why that's even a thing. I don't know much about Decorate and the like, is there any way to just, y'know, DISABLE that NSFW thing?

I mean, technically, it's disabled by default and requires you to know to give yourself some obscure, undocumented inventory item for the effect to happen at all. Removing it is pretty much just a matter of whether anybody wants to go to the trouble.
User avatar
wildweasel
from a different perspective.
Moderator Team Lead
 
Joined: 15 Jul 2003

Re: Isabelle Companion

Postby retronutcase » Sat Jun 19, 2021 7:31 pm

Oh, okay. I was worried it might just happen without warning and that could be...Super awkward.
retronutcase
 
Joined: 07 Jun 2018

Re: Isabelle Companion

Postby CherubCorps » Sun Jun 20, 2021 10:01 am

It's in really in bad taste. What a great way to ruin the legacy of your project.

People ruining their maps/mods by including tasteless/controversial content seems to be a trend in recent months. When will people learn that if you make something tasteless or inappropriate, you should not include it in your mod. People WILL find it. There's no such thing as hidden content.
User avatar
CherubCorps
 
Joined: 11 Sep 2020
Location: United States
Discord: CherubCorp#1153
Twitch ID: www.twitch.tv/cherubcorp

Re: Isabelle Companion

Postby Carrotear » Sun Jun 20, 2021 3:00 pm

I took a look into the files to see what the commotion was about and...honestly, I kinda laughed. Yeah it's not kosher as weasel would put it and should've not been left in, but at the end of the day it's not gonna activate in-game unless from what I'm hearing that you have to do something very specific to have it happen.

And the last thing this person said anything (from what I found on discord) was in May and sounds like they're having a few issues IRL.
Last edited by Carrotear on Mon Jun 21, 2021 9:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
Carrotear
My arm hurts
 
Joined: 03 Sep 2015
Operating System: Windows 10/8.1/8/201x 64-bit
OS Test Version: No (Using Stable Public Version)
Graphics Processor: Intel (Modern GZDoom)

Re: Isabelle Companion

Postby bigsmokeisgod » Mon Jun 21, 2021 6:56 am

i liked the mod
but when i looked at the files and found out that there is a hidden nsfw content
idk man it killed my entire experience
like it would have been the best to just not included but hey it happened anyway

don't know what to say about the wad anymore tbh
User avatar
bigsmokeisgod
 
Joined: 08 Mar 2021
Discord: big smoke#9277
Operating System: Windows 10/8.1/8/201x 64-bit

PreviousNext

Return to Gameplay Mods

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: GoThundaga, Nems, Rowsol, SanyaWaffles, SaucepanSF and 16 guests