[0.9.10b] SWWM GZ: Cute robutt whomst love to explode demons

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are ONLY for YOUR PROJECTS! If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.

Re: [0.9.7b] SWWM GZ: Cute robutt whomst love to explode dem

Postby Marisa Kirisame » Mon Sep 21, 2020 1:46 pm

0.9.7b update pushed

Changelog:

• Quick Grenade function added.
  • Blow Kiss gesture added (+score bonus).
  • Fix Hellblazer not autoswitching ammo on empty reload.
  • Fix Eviscerator chunk glows not dying with the chunk itself.
  • Fix give cheat giving excess powerups/weapons inflating your score.
  • Fix dashing over bridge actors.
  • Fix dual Explodium Guns not autoswitching to single when dropping one from the inventory menu.
  • Adjust manual reload priority for dual Explodium Guns (gun with less bullets left will be reloaded first).
  • Add default binds for all actions.

Quick Grenade is something that was requested long ago, and it's finally here performing for you. The default keybind is G, and it can be held to keep throwing them around.

The "Blow Kiss" gesture was part of the initial planning but I didn't bother with it much due to the added extras. Now you can kill 'em with kindness (or heal your friends with smooches).
Marisa Kirisame
ZScript Crimester

Discord: 霧雨魔理沙#1666
Twitch ID: magusmarisa
Github ID: OrdinaryMagician
Operating System: Other Linux 64-bit
OS Test Version: No (Using Stable Public Version)
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Re: [0.9.6b] SWWM GZ: Cute robutt whomst love to explode dem

Postby Starman the Blaziken » Mon Sep 21, 2020 10:29 pm

Marisa Kirisame wrote:The robot is they, but she is also accepted.

As you add the blow kiss gesture right there. :o
Starman the Blaziken

Discord: Starman The Blaziken#2417
Operating System: Windows 10/8.1/8/201x 64-bit
Graphics Processor: Intel (Modern GZDoom)

Postby Captain J » Tue Sep 22, 2020 2:08 am

At least you're not calling the robots just it.
Captain J
That's Amoreee

Discord: DiscussJ#3128

Postby Marisa Kirisame » Tue Sep 22, 2020 7:13 am

I honestly wasn't aware that non-binary robot characters were so "common" before I made this anyway (hell, people asked me if I knew about FL4K but I never even played borderlands 3).

Still, better drop this line of conversation before it gets bad.
Marisa Kirisame
ZScript Crimester

Re: [0.9.8b] SWWM GZ: Cute robutt whomst love to explode dem

Postby Marisa Kirisame » Thu Sep 24, 2020 8:06 am

0.9.8b update pushed

Changelog:

• Crouched gesture animations.
  • Proper crouch-jumping (now always enabled).
  • New fanart by Endie.
  • Swimming animations (also used by flight).
  • Hexen-style startup screen.
  • More model cleanup.
  • Prevent Wallbuster reload menu from opening on intermissions.
  • Intermissions now only handle fire and use for advance, to prevent some lil' accidents.
  • Holding altfire on intermissions hides ui elements, so the bg is fully visible.
  • Begin writing lore for collectibles (these will come in a couple updates).
  • Fix fuzz shader being affected by texture upscaling.
  • Enemies with >=1000 starting hp also can drop golden shells.
  • Explodium Gun no longer shows with a "1x" prefix on menus when single.
  • Player animation transition tweaks.

Edit: new quick update

0.9.9b update pushed

Changelog:

• Fix lore library being empty (oops! put '!=' where I should have put '==')
  • Lore library entries are now alphabetically sorted in post, to prevent weird nonsense with localization
  • Adjust various CheckSight() calls to prevent potential rare desyncs
  • Adjust how FlashPlayer() calls work to potentially prevent desyncs too
  • Fix player saying combat start lines when enemies aren't even visible

Important, please update immediately if you downloaded 0.9.8b.
Marisa Kirisame
ZScript Crimester

Re: [0.9.9b] SWWM GZ: Cute robutt whomst love to explode dem

Postby Rayd3r » Fri Sep 25, 2020 3:17 pm

This mod is absolutely fantastic. I can't believe most of the stuff in here is even possible in GZDoom at all, and working amazingly well at that! And I haven't seen too too many projects utilizing 3D models, at least not on as grand a scale as this project, but.. wow. I've never seen models looking this good and so smoothly animated in Doom before. I love the lore entries too, a lot of interesting stuff to read in there. All in all really awesome stuff here. I did notice an issue where I crashed while reloading the Biospark, trying to recreate it so I can give specifics on what might have triggered it, I'll reply back if I figure it out.
Rayd3r

Postby Marisa Kirisame » Sat Sep 26, 2020 12:54 am

A full-on crash? Not a VM abort?
Marisa Kirisame
ZScript Crimester

Postby Rayd3r » Sat Sep 26, 2020 3:17 am

Was definitely a crash, I just can't remember what the specific reason given was. Haven't had it happen at all since then, but if I happen to run into it again I'll be sure to get a screen grab.
Rayd3r

Postby Josko » Tue Sep 29, 2020 8:25 am

Awesome mod! I really like the whole concept of it, a cute robot slaughtering everything!

Most guns are really cool altough I really miss a rapid-fire machinegun type weapon also a fully automatic shotgun would be very nice! Hopefully more weapons are coming :)

The wallbuster is really cool altough it feels pretty clunky having to go to the reload menu everytime you are out of ammo and need to reload that thing, would have been better if it could somehow remember to automaticly reload when you press the reload key (R) without going to the reload menu. Also I feel the wallbuster should shoot much faster like a revolver can and that 1 second when the wallbuster rotates the barrel ruins the effectivness of the gun a bit, I think if it rotated the barrel much faster it would be so much more fun to use, so you could just spam mouse1 and see it quickly empty all the shells at the monsters :P
Josko

Postby Marisa Kirisame » Sun Oct 04, 2020 1:47 am

OK so because the next update is taking so long I'm just going to write here what's coming (or done so far):

• More Fun Options! Omnibusting (all weapons can bust walls), Unlimited Fuel (fly and dash forever), Super Fun Party Time (everything coughs up confetti when it dies).
  • Nerfed Biospark Carbine by popular request
  • Buffed Candygun combo fire
  • All powerup effects are now aditive
  • Automap hud respects global automap options for toggling items/monsters/secrets/time/totaltime display. In addition, displays these in gold if you got 100% or are under par time
  • Adjust weapons and ammo so they're not affected by skill modifiers (they're dumb anyway)
  • Sorting improvements for menus
  • Grilled Cheese Sandwich now saves you from lethal falls properly
  • Blown kisses instakill nazis now
  • Added a non-violent Keen replacement (based on Less mean-spirited Keen replacement)
  • Added gib deaths for hell nobles, pinkies, cacos, revs and archviles (sprites by Amuscaria and Ryan Cordell)
  • Blown kisses can activate use switches remotely
  • Pressing the gesture button while another is playing will queue it, allowing you to chain gestures together
  • Grilled Cheese Sandwich prevents telefrags properly now (including those by voodoo dolls)
  • More precise weapon kill tracking (fixes some ragekit quirks)
  • Merge both DLC weaponsets, removing weapons that'd feel redundant
  • Discarded some collectables
  • Preparation work for collectables update, including extra lore files
  • Remove ammo fabricators from stores, as it doesn't make sense to have then when you can buy ammo directly
  • Cosmetic Boss Brain replacement, for funsies
  • 10 more intermission tips
  • Added option to reduce healthbar display distance
  • Various minor bugfixes and adjustments
Marisa Kirisame
ZScript Crimester

Postby Captain J » Sun Oct 04, 2020 4:02 am

Marisa Kirisame wrote:Added a non-violent Keen replacement (based on Less mean-spirited Keen replacement)
bless you. :)
Captain J
That's Amoreee

Discord: DiscussJ#3128

Postby Josko » Sun Oct 04, 2020 4:13 am

Cool! Looking forward to the next update :)

Will there be more weapons in the future since the mod is actaully called " Some weird WEAPONS mod " :mrgreen:

Some weapon ideas:

Dual Uzi weapon (since there isn't any rapid-firing bullet weapon it seems)

Minigun (Could make it a 8 barrel big minigun shooting extremely fast like a real minigun, as a robot you'd have the strenght to carry such beast!)

A fully automatic shotgun weapon (maybe you could buy somekind of upgrade in shop to Wallbuster making it fire in full auto instead, like you do in Guncaster)

Perhaps a Semi-auto sniper rifle

Rail-gun type weapon

Energy type weapon much like the plasma rifle in doom

Deployable Stationary Turrets firing for you (I guess this could be more of a item you can buy at the shop)

Some kind of futuristic Laser Katana/Sword type weapon replacement for Chainsaw, so you will have 2 melee weapons in total then

By the way, are you making the weapon models and such or is it just the code?
Josko

Postby Marisa Kirisame » Sun Oct 04, 2020 5:06 am

Sorry, I don't take requests for new weapons, everything was decided from the beginning.

The final lineup of DLC weapons was listed on the Discord not too long ago:

• 1. Itamex Reinforced Hammer (it's a sledgehammer, what else can I say, go bash some skulls with this, also it's affected by the Ragekit)
  • 3. Puntzer Beta (Break-action revolver nailgun with a rapid fire mode, Demo can spin it even harder than the Explodium Gun)
  • 4. Puntzer Gamma (Bastard child of a P90 and a nailgun, with fuller auto because of course, fun times will be had)
  • 5. Sheen HMG (A heavy mah-sheen gahn, fires 12.7mm thicc boolets at 1050RPM, doesn't need to reload due to self-feeding from Hammerspace)
  • 6. Quadravol (Thicc fireball launcher with very spiky parts at the front so you can impale and toast losers at the same time, pump to strengthen the shots, but watch out for overcharge)
  • 7. Blackfire Igniter (Schutt cold fire that casts shadow, makes popsicles, altfire supercools air into impaling icy spears)
  • 8. Rail Carbine (Thunderbuster on steroids, can do chain-lightning, fries stuff real good but requires a steady charge, tube fed bolt action just for funsies)
  • 9. Ray-Khom (Bastard child of a Bolter and a BFG, supposedly a "light sidearm", and full sized unlike the Quadravol, which is adapted to human proportions)

Also yes, I make the models, the textures, the sprites, the code. What isn't original is the sounds, which I mix and filter from other games or public domain resources because I can't exactly produce that myself.
Marisa Kirisame
ZScript Crimester

Postby Josko » Sun Oct 04, 2020 6:04 am

Marisa Kirisame wrote:Sorry, I don't take requests for new weapons, everything was decided from the beginning.

The final lineup of DLC weapons was listed on the Discord not too long ago:

• 1. Itamex Reinforced Hammer (it's a sledgehammer, what else can I say, go bash some skulls with this, also it's affected by the Ragekit)
  • 3. Puntzer Beta (Break-action revolver nailgun with a rapid fire mode, Demo can spin it even harder than the Explodium Gun)
  • 4. Puntzer Gamma (Bastard child of a P90 and a nailgun, with fuller auto because of course, fun times will be had)
  • 5. Sheen HMG (A heavy mah-sheen gahn, fires 12.7mm thicc boolets at 1050RPM, doesn't need to reload due to self-feeding from Hammerspace)
  • 6. Quadravol (Thicc fireball launcher with very spiky parts at the front so you can impale and toast losers at the same time, pump to strengthen the shots, but watch out for overcharge)
  • 7. Blackfire Igniter (Schutt cold fire that casts shadow, makes popsicles, altfire supercools air into impaling icy spears)
  • 8. Rail Carbine (Thunderbuster on steroids, can do chain-lightning, fries stuff real good but requires a steady charge, tube fed bolt action just for funsies)
  • 9. Ray-Khom (Bastard child of a Bolter and a BFG, supposedly a "light sidearm", and full sized unlike the Quadravol, which is adapted to human proportions)

Also yes, I make the models, the textures, the sprites, the code. What isn't original is the sounds, which I mix and filter from other games or public domain resources because I can't exactly produce that myself.

Wow cool! Can't wait to try out the new guns ^^

Do you use blender when you model? How about animation? I suppose each weapon uses its own animation.

So you create the model, texture it and then you work on the animation for the weapon and last the sounds which you said you mix and filter from other games, which I think most do anyway ^^

Looking at the .pk3 file with Slade I can see the models are in .3d, I suppose 3d support animations too?

Currently I'm watching blender modeling tutorials to learn to model something simple, texture it, animate it and add it as a working weapon in GzDoom :mrgreen:
Josko

Re: [0.9.10b] SWWM GZ: Cute robutt whomst love to explode de

Postby Marisa Kirisame » Mon Oct 05, 2020 3:36 pm

0.9.10b update pushed

Changelog:

• New fun options implemented (omnibusting, unlimited fuel, party time)
  • Biospark Carbine gets a requested nerf
  • Candygun combo fire has been buffed (watch out for that splash damage)
  • All powerup effects are additive (stacc 'em)
  • Automap hud respects gzdoom's cvars for toggling certain elements
  • Automap hud shows stats and times in gold when 100% / under par
  • Weapons and ammo are no longer affected by skill amount modifiers, for balance (and to avoid any weird glitches)
  • Sorting improvements for menu (weapons by slot, ammo by weapons, other items by value, etc.)
  • Grilled Cheese Sandwich now saves you from lethal falls properly
  • Blown kisses instakill nazis
  • Added non-violent Keen replacement (based on "Less mean-spirited Keen replacement" by SiFi270)
  • Added gib deaths for hell nobles, pinkies, cacos, revs and viles (sprites by Amuscaria and Ryan Cordell)
  • Blown kisses can activate use switches
  • Gestures can be chained by pressing a gesture button while another is playing
  • Fixed Grilled Cheese Sandwich not avoiding telefrags properly (now also works with voodoo dolls)
  • More precise weapon kill tracking (fixes some ragekit quirks)
  • Merge both DLC weaponsets, removing redundant weapons (see FuturePlans.md)
  • Discarded some collectables for the next updates, to save time
  • Preparation work for collectables update, including some (partial) lore files
  • Remove ammo fabricators from store, makes no sense to have them when you can just buy ammo directly
  • Cosmetic Boss Brain sprite replacements, just for fun
  • 10 more intermission tips, because yes
  • Added option to reduce distance at which enemy healthbars are picked
  • Various minor bugfixes and adjustments (and also some tiny typo fixes)
  • Ragekit now heals over time and with each hit (so it's more rewarding to go wild)
  • PNG optimization pass (again lol)
  • Fix crouched gestures having no facial animation

As usual, if any new bugs arise or I've been dumb and left debug text somewhere or anything, keep me notified (not the first time it happens).

PS: Don't cheat around with the chanceboxes/collectable stuff yet, it's not even fully functional.

Edit: FUCK

0.9.10.1b update pushed

Changelog:

• Fix broken credits menu strings
Marisa Kirisame
ZScript Crimester

PreviousNext

Return to Gameplay Mods