Nobody Told Me About id v0.4.9 - A Build Engine-styled mod

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are ONLY for YOUR PROJECTS! If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.

Re: Nobody Told Me About id v0.4.7 - A Build Engine-styled m

Postby Jarewill » Thu Aug 27, 2020 4:25 am

Kzer-Za wrote:Hm, how do you use the quick melee from the respective addon? I don't see the option to bind the key in the game options and looking at the code of the addon didn't help.

The kick is executed by pressing the "Weapon State 2" key. (User2)
I'm not a fan of creating several binds if there are still the base GZDoom binds left, so I used that.

It could use a little "how to use" text in the addon section to prevent any further confusion.
CantSleep, could you add a little text saying how to use it next to the addon?
Jarewill

Postby Kzer-Za » Thu Aug 27, 2020 8:10 am

Jarewill wrote:The kick is executed by pressing the "Weapon State 2" key. (User2)

Thanks!
Kzer-Za

Postby Kzer-Za » Thu Aug 27, 2020 8:13 am

I noticed that there is no infighting. Is there gonna be an option for turning it on? If not, what would be the simplest method of turning it on? (I mean, by creating an additional small mod and loading it after the NTMAI). I thought about creating a mapinfo with skill definitions and adding "TotalInfighting", but then even the monsters of the same species would infight, which is too much even for me.

Why I want this is not even because of the difficulty, but because for me provoking the monster infighting and watching them infight constitutes almost half of the fun in the gameplay :)
Kzer-Za

Postby doomduck » Thu Aug 27, 2020 4:53 pm

Kzer-Za wrote:I noticed that there is no infighting. Is there gonna be an option for turning it on? If not, what would be the simplest method of turning it on? (I mean, by creating an additional small mod and loading it after the NTMAI). I thought about creating a mapinfo with skill definitions and adding "TotalInfighting", but then even the monsters of the same species would infight, which is too much even for me.

I'm pretty sure there's infighting on the lower difficulties.
doomduck

Discord: Pato Fanático#7396

Postby Kzer-Za » Fri Aug 28, 2020 2:23 am

doomduck wrote:I'm pretty sure there's infighting on the lower difficulties.

That's exactly the point! That's what I was talking about when I said that it's not about difficulty but about fun. The fact that I want infighting doesn't mean that I want lower difficulty. Anyway, I solved that by copying the mapinfo file from the mod and copying it into a separate mini-mod that loads after the NTMAI, then removing the line "NoInfighting" from the difficulties "hard" and "nightmare".
Kzer-Za

Postby CantSleep » Fri Aug 28, 2020 6:31 am

Serious Cacodemon wrote:So I've had a situation that happened twice in Hunted in Plutonia Experiment where an Archvile tried resurrecting a dead marine and failed every time.

Athel wrote:there seems to be a slight issue when playing with KDiZD. I'm playing with the lite version and I was able to play all the way up to Z1M7. There's a segment where you have to grab a soulsphere, which plays out a trap that is needed to progress. Having the portable medikit option enabled seems to completely remove the script that's tied to activating it

Noted, thanks for reporting.

Jarewill wrote:CantSleep, could you add a little text saying how to use it next to the addon?

Done.

Also a little notice, I won't be able to make a bugfix update yet, since I'm packing up and moving over to a new house, but it will happen eventually (like, in the next week or so).

I definitely appreciate all the feedback and bug reports for this mod!
CantSleep
Powered by insomnia

Re: Nobody Told Me About id v0.4.8 - A Build Engine-styled m

Postby CantSleep » Sun Sep 06, 2020 11:20 am

VERSION 0.4.8 released

• Added an option to toggle vanilla monster infighting
  • Increased chances of Zombies and SS Guards throwing grenades
    • Increased chance from ~4% to ~6% in I Am Ultra Violent
    • Increased chance from ~8 to ~12% in Your Worst Nightmare
  • Changed menu hotkeys of game difficulties
  • Fixed Zombies and SS Guards not throwing grenades on I Am Ultra Violent
  • Fixed corpse decorations being resurrectable