Nobody Told Me About id - We've Moved!

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
DoomedFox

Re: Nobody Told Me About id v0.1.1 - A Build Engine-styled m

Post by DoomedFox »

I think another cool idea to add is adding splats of blood to the chainsaw/fists after cutting/gibbing enemies with them? Like lo wangs fists or sword when you kill enemies with said weapons.
CantSleep

Re: Nobody Told Me About id v0.1.2 - A Build Engine-styled m

Post by CantSleep »

VERSION 0.1.2
  • Jumping monsters won't leap or jump at the player when the ceiling is too low
  • Fixed Arch-Viles not being able to resurrect dead demons
  • Some power-ups can now be used through the inventory
    -The inventory system is pretty barebones for now, so the items can be used only once. Soon I'll implement a percentage amount for the items so they don't deplete immediately after use.
  • Added experimental destructible corpses
    -I'm saying "experimental" because blood color won't transfer to blown up corpses due to limitations. Maybe I'll find a work-around.
I've also prepared some demonstration videos for this update:

VIDEOS
Spoiler:
Gorman Frebmane

Post by Gorman Frebmane »

I think this mod need's it's own mapset that is interactive like the build engine games it tries to feel like.
TheOldKingCole

Post by TheOldKingCole »

You should add zmovement for Build engine style movement
Enjay

Post by Enjay »

It already has its own implementation of Build-style movement from NashMove.
ObsidianPlague
Graphics Processor: ATI/AMD (Modern GZDoom)

Post by ObsidianPlague »

A cool idea would be if there were taunts, like many old build games had. Maybe the unused Doomguy lines from Quake Revolution could work for something like this?
Whoah

Post by Whoah »

Gorman Frebmane wrote:I think this mod need's it's own mapset that is interactive like the build engine games it tries to feel like.
The maps from "Brutal Doom Hell on Earth Starter Pack" used with the vanilla improver patch for the mapset actually works quite well with this mod. Feels super Build-y
Enjay

Post by Enjay »

I see a few people asking for quips or taunts and other Duke-talk-like features. I understand why such things are requested in a mod that aims to give Doom a Build-like feeling but, for the love of all that's decent, if they do make it in, please make it possible to disable them in the options.

Duke is Duke when I play, Lo Wang is Lo Wang when I play but silent Doomguy is me when I play! I don't want some cheesy quips (which are funny approximately once) taking me out of that and making Doomguy someone else.
jdredalert

Post by jdredalert »

I'm so flattered that you're using Angled Doom stuff in your project! I gotta try that when I get home!

Keep it up!
mrtaterz
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by mrtaterz »

Enjay wrote:I see a few people asking for quips or taunts and other Duke-talk-like features. I understand why such things are requested in a mod that aims to give Doom a Build-like feeling but, for the love of all that's decent, if they do make it in, please make it possible to disable them in the options.

Duke is Duke when I play, Lo Wang is Lo Wang when I play but silent Doomguy is me when I play! I don't want some cheesy quips (which are funny approximately once) taking me out of that and making Doomguy someone else.
"HMMM HAHA!"

"GO FUCK YOURSELF!"

"AHHH! CHAINSAW! THE GREAT COMMUNICATOR!"
Matsilagi
Graphics Processor: nVidia (Legacy GZDoom)

Post by Matsilagi »

Enjay wrote:I see a few people asking for quips or taunts and other Duke-talk-like features. I understand why such things are requested in a mod that aims to give Doom a Build-like feeling but, for the love of all that's decent, if they do make it in, please make it possible to disable them in the options.

Glad to see someone also is drawing the line and gets the point!

Im also on favor of this, or if those get added, to be optional. The goal here is to REIMAGINE if DOOM was a Build-engine game, with only DOOM features, instead of a Duke3D/Blood/ShadowWarrior-like mod using Doom assets. Just because it uses the engine, it doesn't mean that IS what the Build engine is.

I like it solely for the visual stuff, it doesn't need a "mighty boot", or taunts or anything like that, besides interactable scenario. The core must be untouched, because Doom didn't had those, BUUT, it can be restyled to ressamble the way 3D Realms Devs did the stuff back then.

All in all: An amazing visual mod! I really love the new small gameplay and visual details, it keeps what doom is untouched, while adding extra flavor.

If i was good enough i would help with voxels and other stuff to make it even more fancy, but eventually ,i hope someone comes to help.

Looking forward for future versions, keep up the good work!
RoastBeefo

Post by RoastBeefo »

Love this, and love the idea for it. I took the liberty of making a Build-style status bar to match the aesthetic of the mod. I was just going to keep it for personal use, but if anyone wanted to do something with it, by all means feel free.

CeeJay

Post by CeeJay »

I second that. The only things that are a must in my opinion are interactive environments, inventory, crazy fx for the projectile-based weapons and that shaky effect when stuff explodes.
CantSleep

Post by CantSleep »

RoastBeefo wrote:Love this, and love the idea for it. I took the liberty of making a Build-style status bar to match the aesthetic of the mod. I was just going to keep it for personal use, but if anyone wanted to do something with it, by all means feel free.

MUCH appreciated! :)
jdredalert wrote:I'm so flattered that you're using Angled Doom stuff in your project! I gotta try that when I get home!

Keep it up!
This project couldn't have been any Buildier had it not been for Angled Doom, so thank you! Best of luck to your mod :D
Enjay wrote:I see a few people asking for quips or taunts and other Duke-talk-like features.
Alright, since there have been some quip suggestions I want to make a deal with you guys: A toggleable laugh (using DSTAUNT from Zandronum) that occurs i.e. when Doomguy gibs something or anything else.. no more no less, everyone will be happy, how's that sound? :)
Sgt. Ham
Operating System Version (Optional): Windows 10

Post by Sgt. Ham »

Felt like throwing my two cents here so here I go!

This mod has a LOT of potential to turn out to be something great! Build engine games, despite the amount of gum and duct tape keeping it together, are probably the best in classic shooters. Seeing their brand of gameplay emulated in a Doom mod nigh-perfectly from version 0.1 is amazing! I can't wait to see what stuff will come out of this next. Here are some things I would want to see added.

+Alt-fires! for example, making the Chaingun fire like an actual minigun with a significant wind-up delay as an alt-fire and keeping the classic fire rate as the primary fire. Also maybe a charged up Railgun shot with the Plasma Rifle

+Destructible objects! It wouldn't be Build without a good share of crap to destroy! Luckily, Kinsie made a mini mod for DRLA that also works standalone right here: viewtopic.php?f=43&t=64025

+Grenades/Throwables! Blood had 'em, Duke had 'em, and Shadow Warrior had 'em. Why not here?

+Alternate enemy attacks/abilities! I.e. Zombies throwing grenades or Hell nobles jumping at you

+Mighty Foot! for obvious reasons

Some other things of note.

-That "Baron Ghost" Glitch happens whenever a Baron dies for some reason. Don't know why.

-Chaingun is weak. Especially with the Rev-up option enabled

And that's pretty much it. Hope this mod turns out well!

Return to “Gameplay Mods”