Nobody Told Me About id v0.4.9 - A Build Engine-styled mod

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are ONLY for YOUR PROJECTS! If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.

Re: Nobody Told Me About id v0.4.4 - A Build Engine-styled m

Postby CantSleep » Sun May 17, 2020 7:25 am

SLON wrote:2. When shooting with cyberdemon, GZDoom sometimes crashes.

I fixed this, try downloading the dev build from GitHub and see if it crashes anymore.

2. Grenade launcher in the same section... well, sometimes useless. It would be better alt-attack with the launch of a rocket in a straight line, or something like that.

I added Ac!d's Cluster Grenades for the alt-attack, can be found in secrets and backpacks. Also in the dev build.

3. Unmaker does not have autoaim.

Unmaker uses the Railgun attack function. As far as I know that does not have auto-aim functionality, so it's not possible to add auto-aim for the Unmaker... for now.

Thanks for the feedback.
CantSleep
Powered by insomnia

Postby Jarewill » Sun May 17, 2020 10:07 am

Since many people have been asking about the Duke3D kick to be added, I have decided to do it.
Here it is. (Google drive is kinda confusing, did I set it up right for people to download it?)
Granted, I am not an animator, so this is very rough, but it works, at least when I tested it.
To execute it, press User2, (Weapon State 2) since I didn't make any new binds for it.
Edit2: Fixed the issue with User1 being the grenade key. Now User2 does the quick kick.

Edit: I felt like it will be better to also include the credits file here, alongside one in the pk3 file:
Spoiler: credits

Also CantSleep, I don't know if you missed it, but I posted an example on how to implement a quick attack function into the weapons on the previous page.
Of course it's up to you to implement it or not, just providing an example.
Last edited by Jarewill on Mon May 18, 2020 2:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
Jarewill

Postby CantSleep » Sun May 17, 2020 1:00 pm

Jarewill wrote:Since many people have been asking about the Duke3D kick to be added, I have decided to do it.

Thank you! Mind if I add this to the addon section with a few changes? You will be credited of course :)

Also CantSleep, I don't know if you missed it, but I posted an example on how to implement a quick attack function into the weapons on the previous page.
Of course it's up to you to implement it or not, just providing an example.

Oh, sorry!! It seems I've overlooked it. But now this might not be a problem anymore since you made the addon.
CantSleep
Powered by insomnia

Postby Jarewill » Sun May 17, 2020 1:09 pm

CantSleep wrote:Thank you! Mind if I add this to the addon section with a few changes? You will be credited of course :)

I don't mind it at all!
It's not ideal, so feel free to improve it however you want. :D

Edit: As it turns out, User1, a button that I thought wasn't used for anything, is used for throwing grenades.
I don't know if you will fix it with your version, but I'm gonna just quickly fix it here on my part.
Jarewill

Postby CantSleep » Mon May 18, 2020 7:34 am

Jarewill wrote:As it turns out, User1, a button that I thought wasn't used for anything, is used for throwing grenades.

Dang, beat me to it :) Well now your add-on is pretty much perfect, so I may as well add it to the OP. I've also added you to the credits.
CantSleep
Powered by insomnia

Re: Nobody Told Me About id v0.4.5 - A Build Engine-styled m

Postby CantSleep » Fri May 29, 2020 6:44 am

VERSION 0.4.5 released

This update is important: I fixed a crash related to the Cyberdemon. This has been haunting the mod for months.

• Ac!d: Added Cluster Grenades, can be found in secrets (can be disabled, sv_ntm_clusterGrenade)
  • Added option for spinning weapon voxels (cl_ntm_voxelSpin)
  • TSF, DrPyspy & Hellfire: Changed Semi Rifle graphics
  • Potential fix for Cyberdemon crash
  • Potential fix for moving on slippery floors
  • Optimized code
CantSleep