Rampancy - [1.3]

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are ONLY for YOUR PROJECTS! If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.

Re: Rampancy - [1.3]

Postby openroadracer » Fri Jan 07, 2022 9:46 pm

I apologize in advance for this little act of necromancy; but I need to ask if anyone's ever seen a props pack for this mod that 1) suits the sci-fi/cyberpunk feel of fighting an army of robots, and 2) is fully compatible with this mod. The reason I have to add the latter is the fact that, when using this mod with Xim's Star Wars Props, there are usually a bunch of those red rhombus signs with the exclamation point in them, indicating some props failed to load.
openroadracer

Operating System: Windows Vista/7/2008 64-bit
OS Test Version: No (Using Stable Public Version)
Graphics Processor: ATI/AMD with Vulkan Support

Postby Someonewhoplaysdoom » Tue Jan 11, 2022 11:28 am

openroadracer wrote:I apologize in advance for this little act of necromancy; but I need to ask if anyone's ever seen a props pack for this mod that 1) suits the sci-fi/cyberpunk feel of fighting an army of robots, and 2) is fully compatible with this mod. The reason I have to add the latter is the fact that, when using this mod with Xim's Star Wars Props, there are usually a bunch of those red rhombus signs with the exclamation point in them, indicating some props failed to load.

Some months before I played this along with SWWM GZ from Marissa Kirisame on Augher Zenith Map Pack, It was freaking awesome.
Someonewhoplaysdoom

Operating System: Windows 10/8.1/8/201x 64-bit

Postby Xim » Tue Jan 11, 2022 2:05 pm

openroadracer wrote:I apologize in advance for this little act of necromancy; but I need to ask if anyone's ever seen a props pack for this mod that 1) suits the sci-fi/cyberpunk feel of fighting an army of robots, and 2) is fully compatible with this mod. The reason I have to add the latter is the fact that, when using this mod with Xim's Star Wars Props, there are usually a bunch of those red rhombus signs with the exclamation point in them, indicating some props failed to load.

Do you know what props they are? I tried loading the mods together and used Kinsie's test map and didn't notice any errors myself. Maybe it has something to do with the maps?
Xim

Postby openroadracer » Tue Jan 11, 2022 9:36 pm

Xim wrote:
Do you know what props they are? I tried loading the mods together and used Kinsie's test map and didn't notice any errors myself. Maybe it has something to do with the maps?
My gut says it's the corpses. Get to DooM II "The Gantlet", and collect the Blue Armor that overlooks the early room with the bunch of Imps in it; the closet with Shotgunners has some error icons that I think would normally be corpses.

EDIT: But just for the record, I've tested Rampancy with Star Wars Props on several different mapsets and gotten the same thing. I only mentioned "The Gantlet" because it's the one I got this issue on most recently.

EDIT 2: Unfortunately, the Star Wars Props Pack is too large for me to attach to the post. I don't use MEGA or MediaFire or anything, so I don't know how to link to it.
openroadracer

Postby wildweasel » Tue Jan 11, 2022 11:36 pm

openroadracer wrote:EDIT 2: Unfortunately, the Star Wars Props Pack is too large for me to attach to the post. I don't use MEGA or MediaFire or anything, so I don't know how to link to it.

What about Dropbox, OneDrive, Google Drive?
wildweasel
from a different perspective.
Moderator Team Lead

Postby openroadracer » Wed Jan 12, 2022 7:38 am

wildweasel wrote:
openroadracer wrote:EDIT 2: Unfortunately, the Star Wars Props Pack is too large for me to attach to the post. I don't use MEGA or MediaFire or anything, so I don't know how to link to it.
What about Dropbox, OneDrive, Google Drive?
Don't have those either. Sorry.
openroadracer

Postby Xim » Wed Jan 12, 2022 11:19 am

I might as well upload it myself. Try this link here. It's from version 2.8.9 of my mod.
Xim

Postby openroadracer » Wed Jan 12, 2022 1:26 pm

Xim wrote:I might as well upload it myself. Try this link here. It's from version 2.8.9 of my mod.
Thanks, I'll give this a test.

EDIT: This new file seems to have fixed the problem, thanks!
openroadracer

Postby openroadracer » Wed Jan 12, 2022 9:19 pm

Xim wrote:I might as well upload it myself. Try this link here. It's from version 2.8.9 of my mod.
Apologies for the double post, but I think I've finally figured out the real problem:

Loading the following three in this order:
  1. Rampancy
  2. Trailblazer
  3. Star Wars Props

So, I figure there's not much that can be done. I'm almost certain it's the corpses, though; I saw one of the error signs right off when I loaded in to vanilla E1M1, on the far side of the starting room with the big windows to your right and the stairs to the Green Armor to your left.
openroadracer

Previous

Return to Gameplay Mods