LTG stand alone NPC Followers Daina & Sewie

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
Hege Cactus

LTG stand alone NPC Followers Daina & Sewie

Post by Hege Cactus »

La Tailor Girl NPC Follower

Since I've had some requests for this from many fronts, I decided to go for it

Sewie download;
Download
Daina download;
Download

What is this?
A mod to allow you to summon Sewie & Daina from La Tailor Girl to help you out in your doom adventures!
This mod is a standalone and does not need anything special to work, you can run this with other mods no problem, you can have em follow you around while you play as drunk soviet with nukes, shotgun obsessed agh, speedy robot, very careful marine against very lethal demons, etc.

In the spirit of LTG, you can have them change their outfit and their abilities get enchanted accordingly!
As followers, they are very combat heavy and can actually carry you in vanilla play
Weapons are used as situation calls, mostly checked by distance with BFG check if there's multiple enemies
Be warned; They are very much suspect to pain and can eventually get KO'd where they are out of commission for a while before getting back up, they can be suspect to friendly fire aswell in some mods.

As by LTG style, since these followers is directly ported from it, be warned that there is lot of suggestive themes with the sprites and such, however no actual nudity outside of perhaps semi bare butt is present at max

Summoning
At the start of game, you should get a new item in your inventory, just use the inventory use button and she will appear next to you!
Press it again to trigger clothing change, toggle around as you go pressing again and again

Screenies:
Spoiler:
Credits:
Spoiler:
Droober

Re: LTG stand alone NPC Follower [Sewie edition]

Post by Droober »

Thank you! This mod made Colorful Hell less tormenting.

Can't imagine fighting a bunch of cyan revs, leg bars and a cybie's all in a tight room without this mods assistance, for i am just a mere casual.

However, i do have some feedback albeit. One of her projectiles make you fly around if you come in contact with them; They're a bunch of icicle balls that bounce around a map.

I hope you understand what i'm talking about, if it's vague i'll be glad to upload an image of the said projectile if need be, as soon as i can.

EDIT: I currently utilize the LZDoom 3.8.2 Port. Not sure if other ports face this eccentric behavior, i apologies in advance if this is perplexing.
Last edited by Droober on Fri Jan 31, 2020 11:58 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Nems
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): Windows 10
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by Nems »

Basillisa has a friend now. :3

Silliness aside, I'm glad this exists. I've been interested in the recent wave of NPC follower mods but none of them really tickled my fancy until this one came along. I'm really enjoying it as it makes even daunting slaughtermaps more tolerable for someone who sucks at them like I do. :V Even outside of a slaughtermap setting or using mods that replace the vanilla bestiary with tougher variants, this one is one of the few out there that I feel like has a lot of charm and personality (but admittedly I'm biased because I love LTG to bits). I look forward to seeing what else you might add. <3

Speaking of and out of curiosity, will Nari make it into this mod as well after Daina?
Hege Cactus

Post by Hege Cactus »

Droober wrote:Thank you! This mod made Colorful Hell less tormenting.

Can't imagine fighting a bunch of cyan revs, leg bars and a cybie's all in a tight room without this mods assistance, for i am just a mere casual.

However, i do have some feedback albeit. One of her projectiles make you fly around if you come in contact with them; They're a bunch of icicle balls that bounce around a map.

I hope you understand what i'm talking about, if it's vague i'll be glad to upload an image of the said projectile if need be, as soon as i can.

EDIT: I currently utilize the LZDoom 3.8.2 Port. Not sure if other ports face this eccentric behavior, i apologies in advance if this is perplexing.

Oh yeah the black ice move. That's my bad actually, I forgot it still can hit the player. I need to figure something out for that one to make it so it doesnt knock back the player
Speaking of and out of curiosity, will Nari make it into this mod as well after Daina?
It's possible I will, however Nari's sprites have a long way to go before they are at the level where I could make her feasible as follower
Daina version will also have lot to go before I get the sprite rehaul up and going far enough
Matsilagi
Graphics Processor: nVidia (Legacy GZDoom)

Post by Matsilagi »

Really liked this follower, however, it needs either a distance cvar or a better navigation system.
Had a bad time getting her to stick with me into a large map. She gets behind and / or lost really fast.

Those aside, i don't think i had much issues, she was really helpful.
rockethero1

Post by rockethero1 »

My only complaint is that she sometimes blocks you because you can't walk through her. In the first map of Doom 2 Maps of Chaos you can get softlocked by this
MadTrance

Post by MadTrance »

I've been a huge fan of LTG for a long time, and a fan of follower mods as well, so this is definitely a must have for me! Love it.

In regards to Sewie blocking the player, I changed her species to "Marines" and that seems to fix it, though I don't know if other issues might arise from that.

Thanks you for the mod! This is going into my default load order, for sure.
Hege Cactus

Post by Hege Cactus »

Glad to know she is liked
Had a bad time getting her to stick with me into a large map. She gets behind and / or lost really fast.
She might get lost a bit but she does warp to you if you go far enough
I could look into making a distance cvar at some point

Eitherway, updated the mod a little;

-Sewie will now now get thruactors when she is idle allowing you and your rockets go through her, she loses it when she goes into move mode however, I also put in some experimental cancollide with with the help of Accensus, however the result of that has been mixed, eitherway, if all else fails, you should be able to pass her if you make her stop, just dont be a meanie and push her into a torch or something when shes in this mode
- Damage factor option, once again thanks to Accensus for help, you can now tweak her damage dealing abilities to nerf her or to buff her
- One more feature tweak; the HD compat should now be bit better with the on fire stuff since Matt helped me out so that the fire can be put off, so she is no longer immune to it but should now get put out properly

I will look into giving her more options in the future and perhaps some more abilities and such with her outfits as I update the main mod, but for now, have these fixes
Tycholarfero
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Re: LTG stand alone NPC Follower [Sewie edition 1.01]

Post by Tycholarfero »

Super cute! Have had no issues with how she plays! The fixes have helped a lot too, she's been very helpful with some map packs :P
maxiez

Post by maxiez »

I got an error trying to set the mod up

"LTGFollower.pk3:zplayer/sewiesew.zsc, line 764: A_RaiseSelf: action function not found in SewieFollower
LTGFollower.pk3:zplayer/sewiesew.zsc, line 806: A_RaiseSelf: action function not found in SewieFollower"

i'm using the lattest gzdoom
can you help?
Hege Cactus

Post by Hege Cactus »

maxiez wrote:I got an error trying to set the mod up

"LTGFollower.pk3:zplayer/sewiesew.zsc, line 764: A_RaiseSelf: action function not found in SewieFollower
LTGFollower.pk3:zplayer/sewiesew.zsc, line 806: A_RaiseSelf: action function not found in SewieFollower"

i'm using the lattest gzdoom
can you help?
huh? I just tested with 4.3.3 and it ran fine

Can you give me more info like if you were loading other mods and so on?
r&r

Post by r&r »

I found something that could crash the game with this mod,
but you mostly have to avoid or bot used it, by not typing it.

if you use this method to add in bots https://zdoom.org/wiki/Bots#Original_Bots

then when you type in addbot in the command console,
then trying to use Sewie item afterwards
it freezes the game. just saying don't use addbots
with this mod from avoiding crashing.

oh yeah and the save files can be broken with the addbots and her because of it.
Like when you add a bot then save, then loud that save the bot is gone,
but that save file remembers? and and still freeze crash the game while trying to use her.
Hege Cactus

Post by Hege Cactus »

r&r wrote:I found something that could crash the game with this mod,
but you mostly have to avoid or bot used it, by not typing it.

if you use this method to add in bots https://zdoom.org/wiki/Bots#Original_Bots

then when you type in addbot in the command console,
then trying to use Sewie item afterwards
it freezes the game. just saying don't use addbots
with this mod from avoiding crashing.

oh yeah and the save files can be broken with the addbots and her because of it.
Like when you add a bot then save, then loud that save the bot is gone,
but that save file remembers? and and still freeze crash the game while trying to use her.

To be fair, this follower isn't really a bot use in mind

Regardless, big update time!

Introducing; Daina!

Well she doesnt need introducing but, you know.

She can now be summoned with her own responsive item
On top of that, both followers now have a lot more options to play with and have special reactions to player being KO'd, with Daina being more reactive of the two
Daina can also be put in "eye candy" mode where she just follows you and doesnt do anything but laugh should you die to monsters.

Some important options are;
Damage mutliplier (how much damage they deal)
Teleport distance (how far you have to go for them to teleport back to you)
KO multiplier (should they get KO'd, will they get longer and longer cooldown period? )

Now have fun with both of the girls on your adventures
MPN

Re: LTG stand alone NPC Followers Daina & Sewie

Post by MPN »

Nice, thank you.
QuickWolfPT

Re: LTG stand alone NPC Followers Daina & Sewie

Post by QuickWolfPT »

Can't test it right now, but it looks really promising. Thank you :D

Return to “Gameplay Mods”