Re: WAR TROPHIES (1.1) "Memory Loss"
Posted: Fri Jan 31, 2020 10:25 am
- Implemented namespaces/folders for the Lite HUD. If enabled, combine all the stats of weapons in that namespace into a single entity. Currently includes: DRLA, Final Doomer, and Bullet-Eye.
- Added visibility flags to Lite HUD so you can toggle individual elements on and off. Lite HUD Options -> Advanced Options.
- Added support for changing colors of individual fields in the Lite HUD. Only works on the Lite HUD.
- Added a "total kills" page that lists every monster and how many times it has been killed, as expected of a page that's called "total kills".
- Massive performance boost to the scorecard as expensive info is no longer updated all the time.
- Expand kill sounds to allow defining of new sounds instead of having to replace existing ones. In SNDINFO, WT/KillSound6 is "Custom 1", WT/KillSound7 is "Custom 2" and so on up to "Custom 5".
- Rearranged menu.
- Added a "scale" option that works alongside the main HUD scale.
- Added explicit handling of telefragging. It's now attributed to an internal mod-defined weapon called WT_Telefrag. Don't try to give yourself this, it will disappear the moment you equip it.
- Added Lite HUD orientation toggle. Horizontal orientation might be a bit weird.
- Added global X offset to the Lite HUD.
- Added option to set opacity for the Lite HUD.
- Added localization support for custom sounds. Define KILLSOUND_CUSTOM_# in LANGUAGE.txt, where # is a number from 1 to 5 (incl.) to change the name of the option.
- Added "WT_ToggleSaving" for use with the netevent console command. It saves data to the dictionaries so the HUD is updated, but does not save it to the config file. Re-enabling saving resets progress to what it was before you disabled saving. This is only used for temporary debugging when you don't want to affect your actual stats.
- Severely reduced the impact of the memory leak, making it realistically impossible to crash under normal circumstances unless you spent like 24 hours doing nothing but playing Doom. Get some air!
- Fixed powered up weapons counting as separate classes.
- Fixed switching between weapons not resetting the selected monster page, which sometimes causes an empty page to appear.
- Fixed a critical bug where ending a level with the scorecard still open (death exits can trigger it) would lock you in the intermission screen and no input will be read, forcing you to Alt-F4 and lose progress.
- Lifted max monster health cap (for XP calculation) from 10000 to 12000.
- Lite HUD offsets now shift by 5 instead of 10. Also changed the numbers to actually reflect how much you shift by. Used to be that number on the slider was multiplied by 10 internally. Now the number is passed directly.
- Removed monster kill preference.
- Added truncation to weapon name in scorecard.
- Weapon name can now span multiple lines in the Lite HUD if it's too long.
- Renamed "Toggle Stats Panel" to "Toggle Scorecard".
- Force scaling down of sprites to fit in weapon icon display if they're too large.
- Some puffs may have +MISSILE. Don't consider them projectiles if they actually have any puff flags set.
- Updated README.md to add a section about folder support and one for newcomers, both are under "Important". Read the manual!
- Updated README.md to add more info for new players.
- Updated README.md to suggest a workaround for the IWAD issue.
- Added Incompatibility list to README.md.
- Added more "mod support" stuff to the readme.