Re: WAR TROPHIES (1.11) Give up your soul for extra points

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
theroguemonk
Graphics Processor: nVidia (Modern GZDoom)

Re: WAR TROPHIES (1.0.1)

Post by theroguemonk »

Tapwave wrote:
theroguemonk wrote:what can i say.... how in the world am i supposed to run this.. its only a zip file and it wont work... can someone help me?
You probably just downloaded a zip from the GIT, which contains a folder which THEN contains the PK3 filestructure, which won't work. I recommend you extract it to a folder, and load the folder itself into GZDoom.

Remember to read the manual!
lmao i didnt know it was so simple... zdl launcher can it use a folder? and or how can i pack it into a pk3
Tapwave
Preferred Pronouns: No Preference
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by Tapwave »

theroguemonk wrote: lmao i didnt know it was so simple... zdl launcher can it use a folder? and or how can i pack it into a pk3
I think ZDL can load folders (I can't download ZDL so I can't really say), otherwise, just put the files into a zip and it should work once renamed to pk3.
if a level does not end immediately(like elevators with voodoo dolls or something else)and u enabled wartrophies menu u will get stuck on stats screen,cant press anything
Accensus' working on it, we should have 1.1 relatively soon.
theroguemonk

Post by theroguemonk »

i did try zip .. but lets rename pk3

it doesnt work

Script error, "wartrophies-v1.0.1.pk3:cvarinfo.txt" line 2:
One of 'server' or 'user' must be specified
Tapwave

Post by Tapwave »

theroguemonk wrote:i did try zip .. but lets rename pk3

it doesnt work

Script error, "wartrophies-v1.0.1.pk3:cvarinfo.txt" line 2:
One of 'server' or 'user' must be specified
You're probably not running GZD 4.3.3 or newer.
theroguemonk

Post by theroguemonk »

it works now but i dont know how ot use this mod ... i dont understand the use but its becasue i dont ask much of the doom to begin with
Tapwave

Post by Tapwave »

theroguemonk wrote:it works now but i dont know how ot use this mod ... i dont understand the use but its becasue i dont ask much of the doom to begin with
Open your options menu and set the WarTrophies setting. Also, read the manual. :P
-Ghost-

Post by -Ghost- »

Pretty cool! I like how you can put it alongside other mods, and the interface looks nice.
theroguemonk

Post by theroguemonk »

Tapwave wrote:
theroguemonk wrote:it works now but i dont know how ot use this mod ... i dont understand the use but its becasue i dont ask much of the doom to begin with
Open your options menu and set the WarTrophies setting. Also, read the manual. :P
thanks so this is a score system?
Dr_Cosmobyte

Post by Dr_Cosmobyte »

Tapwave wrote:About your "random sprites" issue, did you turn on Filter by IWAD, by any chance?
No, i don't believe so. As soon as i can give it some deep test i get back to ya.

EDIT: As a suggestion, can we get a Horizontal toggle for the HUD as well? Or is it too much work to do?

P.S.: Using this with Shades of Doom (Until now), REALLY ADDS to the experience, making a loooong monster encyclopedia to browse =)
theroguemonk

Post by theroguemonk »

lol i dont nee this shotgun is always going to have 70 80 % or more use for me...
m8f

Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): Manjaro Linux

Post by m8f »

This mod is infinitely more useful than comments like this. Almost any mod, actually. You can do better, we believe in you.
Dr_Cosmobyte

Post by Dr_Cosmobyte »

Oh yeah, two things.

One you could add on "mods that work, but not as intended", is to Aracnocide Weapons Pack: All classes weapons will display, regardless of what class the player is using. Is there something i can do on my part? (even though i believe it'll require ZScript...)

Also, some throwable weapons like the C4 won't add to the scorecard because they can't even damage enemies, and the explosion somehow doesn't count as a kill for them.
Quake161

Post by Quake161 »

So this is strictly for the latest build for GZdoom, correct?
No Lzdoom?

Edit: Nvm. Tested with GZdoom 3.4.1 and got the same result. It's strictly for the latest builds of GZdoom.
Tormentor667

Post by Tormentor667 »

This is highly interesting :)
Tapwave

Post by Tapwave »

As an important note: We've identified a memory leak, it can take a while to become problematic, but as a result, we recommend to regularly take breaks and/or close gzdoom on a semi-regular basis. You shouldn't lose progress if you crash (I personally didn't).
We know the source, but it's out of our hands at this point. A future GZDoom SVN might fix it.
All classes weapons will display, regardless of what class the player is using.
This is intended behavior, as filtering is based on mod, not classes. Filtering by class would be added complexity for very small profit, sadly. As far as I'm aware there's not much you can do.
Also, some throwable weapons like the C4 won't add to the scorecard because they can't even damage enemies, and the explosion somehow doesn't count as a kill for them.
Quoth Accensus:
As for the C4, it's likely a SpawnItemEx call that's missing SXF_TRANSFERPOINTERS.
It's likely the C4 isn't appended to the player properly, so WT isn't recognizing it's a player weapon.

Return to “Gameplay Mods”