Walpurgis 0.99 (For Doom/Heretic/Hexen) [NEW RELEASE!!!]

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
RafaHell
Graphics Processor: nVidia (Modern GZDoom)

Re: Hexen: Walpurgis 0.92 (For Doom/Heretic/Hexen) NEW RELEA

Post by RafaHell »

eharper256 wrote:I already use that myself, haha. BUT I won't bundle it because alot of people prefer their midi's.
Right, no, I didn't mean to insert it into Walpurgis... It was just a general recommendation to everyone!

Allright, well, if the Ettin Sarge can be tweaked a bit I (and probably many unvoiced Walp players) would be grateful, but if not, whatever. The idea of monster variations is awesome and I'm all for it, but I just wish the variations were more subtle, behaviour-wise...

But I do have to ask the following:
Would you consider making a cvar to enable/disable "monster variations"?
(mind you: I'm not talking about the base monster enhancements you've made, only about those "special variety" spawns)
eharper256

Post by eharper256 »

Colerx wrote:Oh, my bad I mishunderstood, anyway glad you got your vaccine and everything will get better now:)
Well its been a hell of a week for me, honestly. Sick from my COVID vaccine, and then part of one of my teeth shattered on Thursday :x and I've been to the dentist this morning for antibiotics and setup another appointment for probably having to have a root canal and a crowning.

One way to tell you're starting to get old is when you start needing to invest in dental plans.
RafaHell wrote:But I do have to ask the following:
Would you consider making a cvar to enable/disable "monster variations"?
(mind you: I'm not talking about the base monster enhancements you've made, only about those "special variety" spawns)
Yes, I can add that in. I'll put it on the list.
Colerx

Post by Colerx »

eharper256 wrote:
Damn what the hell of a week... teeth are really disturbing under these circumstances , hope you are recovered now from everything, what a terrible combo you suffered :( ..

And yes, hard to say but we are getting old... just because we played and still playing idtech1 games :lol:.
Life is a b**** anyway :grr: !!!
eharper256

Post by eharper256 »

https://www.twitch.tv/motiterminus
Terminus will be streaming Walpurgis in his channel today in just a moment.

Finished. Was on the second hour of the stream, playing Crusader and Magister. If he puts it up on youtube or such later I'll throw up a link.
eharper256

Post by eharper256 »

Big thanks to Terminus for streaming Walpurgis in his channel last night.
Check out the footage here:
https://www.twitch.tv/videos/912620823?t=01h18m53s
Playing Crusader and Magister in Doom, on Vanguard by Skillsaw.

And his Doom channel link is:
https://www.twitch.tv/motiterminus

Also, Happy Lonely Nerds Day everyone!
eharper256

Post by eharper256 »

Well, I started some work on some of the coding needed for the Druid Upgrades finally last night, so that's finally in the pipeline.

As its been a pretty rubbish couple of weeks for me with the various health and dental problems, some progress has been a bit slow, but we'll get there.
Colerx

Post by Colerx »

^^ glad to hear that, fortunately the bad period is over
bluedevil244

Post by bluedevil244 »

oh men poor you bud i ear ya dental problem is a pain in the ass ..... glad youre better now
eharper256

Post by eharper256 »

Colerx wrote:^^ glad to hear that, fortunately the bad period is over
bluedevil244 wrote:oh men poor you bud i ear ya dental problem is a pain in the ass ..... glad youre better now
Still got a wonderful hole in my tooth until my appointment for the crowning; but at least the pain's gone after I got the root canal to rip out the nerves, which had immediately become infected from the shattering.

So yeah, its a bit better now. Thanks for the support!
eharper256

Post by eharper256 »

New video!

This is the first eight minutes of my playthrough of Lullaby, a new gorgeous map by Danlex released on Monday this week (with the Magister). Get it at Doomworld here https://www.doomworld.com/forum/topic/1 ... or-gzdoom/

I'm probably should have changed my recording settings before trying something like this as this was already 4 Gb for 8 mins of play (lol) which is why I stopped. Still gives you a nice taster of the level though.

Interestingly revealed to me an edge case of a glitch that can happen with Fulgur as well; apparently if a monster dies, is electrocuted, and falls off a high ledge all at once, it continually electrocutes as a corpse. :shock:
Lagi

Post by Lagi »

awesome level. Library bookshelfs was a suprise. Little too dark (unless its intentional to use some light source). Looks like you Fulgur (electricity) is overused? (or was it your personal choice)
eharper256

Post by eharper256 »

Lagi wrote:awesome level. Library bookshelfs was a suprise. Little too dark (unless its intentional to use some light source). Looks like you Fulgur (electricity) is overused? (or was it your personal choice)
You'll see I run out of Aether Mana in the first big library fight, and the map keeps topping off my Verdant Mana (must be alot of rocket ammo that gets converted lying around), so yeah Fulgur gets used alot. I could have used one of the Kraters I guess but it would be a bit wasted.
Colerx

Post by Colerx »

Nice!!!
Rachael
Preferred Pronouns: She/Her

Post by Rachael »

eharper256 wrote: I'm probably should have changed my recording settings before trying something like this as this was already 4 Gb for 8 mins of play (lol) which is why I stopped. Still gives you a nice taster of the level though.
If you have the bandwidth for it and you're using OBS, you can stream directly to Youtube on a private stream, and then premiere it when the video is ready. That's what I would do if I had no plans to edit the streaming footage and you can set a quality and speed as much as your network can handle.
eharper256

Post by eharper256 »

Rachael wrote:
eharper256 wrote: I'm probably should have changed my recording settings before trying something like this as this was already 4 Gb for 8 mins of play (lol) which is why I stopped. Still gives you a nice taster of the level though.
If you have the bandwidth for it and you're using OBS, you can stream directly to Youtube on a private stream, and then premiere it when the video is ready. That's what I would do if I had no plans to edit the streaming footage and you can set a quality and speed as much as your network can handle.
Oh; that's interesting, I wasn't aware OBS could do that. I should probably look for a guide on how to do that then; as my connection is fairly solid (200 megabits) and I have unlimited bandwidth.

Thanks for the tip Rachael.

Return to “Gameplay Mods”