Walpurgis 0.99 (For Doom/Heretic/Hexen) [NEW RELEASE!!!]

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
eharper256

Re: Hexen: Walpurgis 0.91 (For Doom/Heretic/Hexen) New Relea

Post by eharper256 »

SallazarSpellcaster wrote:The fact that you have endeavored to release pre-christmas is more than enough. For now, enjoy time beside your family - and stay safe in these trying times.

Have a merry Christmas.
Sadly, that will not be possible this year for me. Tier 4 Lockdown in the UK means no Christmas Meetups. :(

But even if it were not currently illegal, I would not want to risk my grandparents entering into my quarantine zone anyway. And vice-versa, I am a transplantee on immunosuppresants, so any COVID issues become deadly for us.

But I hope you yourself get to have a good family meetup.
eharper256

Re: Hexen: Walpurgis 0.91 (For Doom/Heretic/Hexen) New Relea

Post by eharper256 »

Hope everyone has a Happy New Year!

2020 has been a strange one for me; but I'm happy to have gotten Walp to such a state in it.
yaboi

Re: Hexen: Walpurgis 0.91 (For Doom/Heretic/Hexen)

Post by yaboi »

Happy new year, Tier 4 is a damn curse
eharper256

Post by eharper256 »

yaboi wrote:Happy new year, Tier 4 is a damn curse
High-Five, Fellow Brit. And Happy New Year to you also.
eharper256

Post by eharper256 »

As a quick notification to everyone; January and February tend to be my busiest months by far at work. I have to look at gazillions of Tax Returns (joy) and triple check everything, and the deadline for those is the 31st of January.

Honestly not sure how I managed to get the initial 0.7 release out around this time last year (haha). I vaguely recall working constantly all day and being infected with a strange mood that kept me working on this all night.

Yep, that means the mod's first birthday is up soon (1st of February!).
Wivicer
Graphics Processor: nVidia (Modern GZDoom)

Post by Wivicer »

Hey, that's my birthday. This mod was a wonderful gift.
eharper256

Post by eharper256 »

Wivicer wrote:Hey, that's my birthday. This mod was a wonderful gift.
Oh nice. Glad to have given you an inadvertant present then. :wink:
eharper256

Post by eharper256 »

A small announcement: Finally nailed a long requested feature today: small key indicators attached to the main HUD!
See the shots below:

Linz

Post by Linz »

Already this is the best update
eharper256

Post by eharper256 »

Linz wrote:Already this is the best update
Yeah, its something I've wanted to add in for some time, but it was a bit more complex than I thought as there's very little documentation on ZScripting status bar features. Glad its finally in though!
eharper256

Post by eharper256 »

Also got started on doing sprites for Aestus; the Magisters alt-in-slot 2 Fire Magistry.

It's looking rather hot so far (lol):
As vaguely explained before; this is a goal for the later patches, at least one weapon for each character that has an alternative drop.
In this case; you would have the choice to either see always Algor, always Aestus, or both randomly.

Other plans provisionally include duel-wielding blades for the Myrm, a spear for the Crusader, and a Vines or Water Based power for the Druid. Though no guarantees with these yet.
Linz

Post by Linz »

Oh,alternative weapons?

Interesting!
SallazarSpellcaster

Post by SallazarSpellcaster »

eharper256 wrote:Also got started on doing sprites for Aestus; the Magisters alt-in-slot 2 Fire Magistry.

It's looking rather hot so far (lol):

As vaguely explained before; this is a goal for the later patches, at least one weapon for each character that has an alternative drop.
In this case; you would have the choice to either see always Algor, always Aestus, or both randomly.

Other plans provisionally include duel-wielding blades for the Myrm, a spear for the Crusader, and a Vines or Water Based power for the Druid. Though no guarantees with these yet.

Hell YEA those look badass!
eharper256

Post by eharper256 »

Linz wrote:Oh,alternative weapons?

Interesting!
Yup, like how Trailblazer has both the Grenade Launcher and the Bitchmaker Revolver on 5 (but you choose to only have one of the two in the options if you like).
SallazarSpellcaster wrote:Hell YEA those look badass!
Thanks, I'm quite happy with them. Has 30 frames of animation so far, so I'm going over the top as usual. :lol:
eharper256

Post by eharper256 »

Weekly news time again:

I've been continuing with lots of little upgrades the last few days. Notably, I've added fonts, a titlemap, and a custom main menu more tailored to the mod. This is, of course, so that I can add in the READ THIS cards I made a little while ago into the main menu for easy reference, as well as consolidating all the options important to the mod in an easy to reach place.

I'm currently listening to lots of potential music tracks to find one that will go into the main menu! If you have any good suggestions, let me know! (I'm currently leaning towards something classical/romantic, maybe a waltz, if I can find a good tune I can use on creative commons).

Return to “Gameplay Mods”