Hexen: Walpurgis 0.9 (For Doom, Heretic & Hexen) POLL Pg 23

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are ONLY for YOUR PROJECTS! If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.

Re: Hexen: Walpurgis 0.88 (Doom, Heretic, Hexen)- New vids!

Postby PresBarackbar » Sun Sep 06, 2020 1:38 pm

This looks AWESOME! Big RotT "dog mode" energy. I absolutely love it!
PresBarackbar

Postby eharper256 » Mon Sep 07, 2020 1:25 am

PresBarackbar wrote:This looks AWESOME! Big RotT "dog mode" energy. I absolutely love it!

Its funny you mention it, because thats exactly what its called in the files. :lol:
eharper256

Postby eharper256 » Fri Sep 11, 2020 10:43 am

So I imagine I should be able to get the 0.9 release out by sometime next weekend, though no set in stone promises.

There's a few more bits of code, especially on the Ichival, required to make everything play together happily and then a few playtests, but then we should be good to go.
eharper256

Postby Captain J » Fri Sep 11, 2020 1:35 pm

It's very impressive how you manage to fix and update the mod with tons of scripts. I'm a hard coder myself, but it's like never ending!
Captain J
That's Amoreee

Discord: DiscussJ#3128

Postby eharper256 » Sat Sep 12, 2020 3:27 am

Captain J wrote:It's very impressive how you manage to fix and update the mod with tons of scripts. I'm a hard coder myself, but it's like never ending!

Well, if there's one thing being in the civil service teaches you, its how to stay on top of piles of useless information and make sense of them. :lol:

It helps that I'm always 'that guy' that will do crazy things like writing a 2000 word analysis of potential pokemon teams, or a spreadsheet tracking builds in Path of Exile, before I even play the game in question. :shock:

I've slapped quite a bit more organisation into this release, in fact, most notably in the SNDINFO, that was getting out of hand.
eharper256

Postby eharper256 » Wed Sep 16, 2020 2:54 pm

Some other good news to report: I finally got some extra monsters in for the 0.9 version!

The long overdue Ettin Sergeant finally shows up for duty~ and he's pretty scary! He has alot more melee sense than regular ettins, including charge attacks, aborting his swings if you dodge, as well as strafing and attempting to flank you. There's also a Mud Golem that might show up instead of Stalkers, and pelt you with its fast and deadly mud shots.

There's only the couple for Hexen for now; I'll see what the feedback is like for them, and if its positive I'll do addons for Doom and Heretic as well.
eharper256

Postby eharper256 » Wed Sep 16, 2020 4:12 pm

And here's video of the final Druid in Action, playing the first three levels of Doom!

There are also a few new highlights for the observant; including a revised HUD, and seeing her Flechette (the Frenzyweed) in action for the first time, as well as a few other things!
eharper256

Postby Mironicurse » Thu Sep 17, 2020 9:27 am

I don't know if it's actually morphs class into another actor, but i'm suggesting using A_Morph if it isn't. Implying it's a warg i think i'll be more fitting to shrink down actor height alittle, lower POV and widen maybe, also maybe play with speed\mass.

Awesome mod right here, keep it up!
Mironicurse

Postby PresBarackbar » Thu Sep 17, 2020 1:45 pm

Very excited for the new character! One question though: for the black and white vision from the wolf form, is it possible to make it optional? I like it, but it just occurred to me that you're likely to spend quite a while in Hexen maps with it as your most powerful weapon, and its kind of a bummer to have to play in black and white for long chunks of the game. If you feel strongly enough about it as a design choice to keep it non-optional (or if its difficult to make it optional) I don't mind if it stays, I just thought I would ask.
PresBarackbar

Postby eharper256 » Thu Sep 17, 2020 4:08 pm

Mironicurse wrote:I don't know if it's actually morphs class into another actor, but i'm suggesting using A_Morph if it isn't. Implying it's a warg i think i'll be more fitting to shrink down actor height alittle, lower POV and widen maybe, also maybe play with speed\mass.

Interestingly enough, it started as being an A_Morph situation, but I felt it needlessly complicated. At the time, I thought: "Its meant to be a werewolf thats still on two feet"; so besides maybe increasing the natural armour value, I didn't really think there any purpose to having a new class for it. So right now its a weapon that also grants a colormap changing power-up only.

That said, since I made that decision, I did realise this means I don't get to use a new playersprite, then figured "Who actually plays with chase-cam on in Doom?" :lol:

PresBarackbar wrote:Very excited for the new character! One question though: for the black and white vision from the wolf form, is it possible to make it optional? I like it, but it just occurred to me that you're likely to spend quite a while in Hexen maps with it as your most powerful weapon, and its kind of a bummer to have to play in black and white for long chunks of the game. If you feel strongly enough about it as a design choice to keep it non-optional (or if its difficult to make it optional) I don't mind if it stays, I just thought I would ask.

It's actually already a CVAR option! You can choose between monochrome, colour, and... uh... sepia for some reason :lol:

Since no-one replied on my query here as to whether it was possible to keep sector lighting with monochrome vision, I decided there had to be an option to disable it, since the monochrome presents some interesting problems sometimes (for example, in Seven Portals in Hexen, there's a few points where sector lighting helps act as a hint to avoid instant death crushers. The wolf can't see those distinctions at all! :shock: ~ And of course you also can't tell the colour of keydoors in Doom!). So yep, its already in to help those that despise the idea of having to switch out to Baselards etc just to analyse the level in colour.

Mironicurse wrote:Awesome mod right here, keep it up!

Thanks; I appreciate anyone that speaks up to say they like it. Its the fuel that keeps me motivated!
eharper256

Re: Hexen: Walpurgis 0.9 (Doom, Heretic, Hexen)- New vids!

Postby eharper256 » Fri Sep 18, 2020 10:30 am

Well, it took 2 months, but here it is!

Get it at MEGA here
Or at GoogleDrive here

CHANGELOG

Code: Select allExpand view
 [0.9]
'Wild Thing!'
-----------------------
+New!:   Illitheya The Druid stirs from the Wild!
      Yup, she's the fourth class I've teased for awhile. She's faster than
      the Myrmidon, though between the Crusader and Magister on HP (90), and
      with the lowest potential Armour (lower than the Magister)! Glass Cannon!
      Her weapons are:
      1) Baselards. She's an adept dagger user. The primary fire shanks/slashes.
         The secondary fire throws knives. Both modes have a low poison effect.
      2) Lupin Charm/Winter Warg Transformation.* Using this charm, she turns
         into a werewolf! Primary Fire slashes, Secondary is a charge up ice
         comet shot, and the Tertiary is a ground-slam, which increases in power
         if used after leaping off ledges/otherwise gaining more momentum.
      3) Hebiko's Sceptre. This sceptre is blessed with the powers of snakes.
         Primary fire shoots homing acid snake projectiles. Secondary is a
         hypnosis effect that temporarily charms enemies. Tertiary lets
         loose a cloud of deadly corrosive gas that hangs around for a while.
      4) The Ichival. The 'Bow of the Brightest Butterfly', its seperate from the
         Shining One's light relics used by the Crusader, it only acts to protect
         natural things. It has a variety of deadly ways to use arrows of light.
      F) Her Flechette spawns a vicious pitcher plant that spits acid globlets at
         nearby foes, and then explodes into a poisonous cloud after it runs out.
      I) Her Icon of the Defender regenerates 45 Health each second, as well as
         giving the usual 50% Flat damage reduction that all classes Icons get.
      A) Her Ambit Incant permanently increases her HP by 10 (up to a maximum of
         of 120 HP, as well as the usual infinite mana for 10 seconds.
      There are no upgrades for her at the moment. No upgrade items will spawn
      for her; this is so I can get tweaks and feedback on the base first!
      * = Note that the warg mode changes your vision to monochrome. If you
         don't like this, you can change it in the Walpurgis Options menu.
+New!:   Footsteps ZScript by DenisBelmondo added. Made a few tweaks to update to
      new GZDoom (notably, using A_StartSound rather than A_PlaySound), and
      adding several new definitions, as well as adding Heretic and Hexen step
      noises for all the flats. It works in all three games.
+New!:   Mana Wisps now have their own sprite that makes them considerably more
      visible than before, especially when they're dropped from corpses.
+New!:   Testing new Hexen monster varieties!
      1) Sergeant Ettin (Chainmail version) finally makes it in. Around 1 in 8
         Ettins will be this. He shows his rank superiority by having much
         more melee sense than his cousins; dashing at you to strike and often
         trying to flank you. He hits harder, lasts longer, and can also fling
         maces at you if you try to keep the middle distance.
      2) You'll sometimes see a dangerous Mud-Golem show up sometimes to replace
          Stalkers in their swampy habitats in Hexen. He's a recoloured Wedigo
         in brown, who spits deadly mud balls at you with serious force.
      I will gradually add in extra Heretic and Doom monsters as well if there
      is positive feedback to these.
+New!:   HUD improvement. Adjusted HUD graphics and amended code, with the
      focus on increasing easy readability and information. The Armour is
      now shown as its percentage % value, rather than the always obscure AC.
      The coloured HP, Mana, and Armour indicators (on by default) have had
      a few alterations and fixed a weird glitch in how it checks for mana.
      The individual Mana # displays will now only show colour if you're
      actually using that type of mana; and will otherwise be grey, but visible.
+Tweak: Re-written Weapon Spawning Code to allow for extra class. This does have
      a slight side-effect, namely that in Hexen maps where, say, the Fighter
      gets their 2nd weapon earlier than the Mage, that will no longer be class
      specific. The earliest weapon available will be available to all.
+Tweak:   Jump sound effect for all classes.
+Tweak:   New Crux Calicus Sound when it fires the Vortex Shot. New Lightning
      sound effects for Fulgur primary fire.
+Tweak: Mushroom Poison clouds in Hexen now inherit new gas sprite made for the
      Hebiko Sceptre.
+Tweak:   Algor coloration for ice spikes made to match the other parts.
+Tweak:   Ettin and Centaur melee sound effects- they used to always sound like
      they hit something even when they missed. I've now made them more like
      the Myrmidon's sounds, so the swing noise is seperate from the impact.
+Fixed: Vis Tertiary Fire sometimes didn't visually follow the enemies centre
      when crushing them. This is purely cosmetic, but was fixed nevertheless.
+Fixed:   Vis Tertiary Fire didn't have +SKYEXPLODE, so it failed to complete its
      code and locked the players animation if the shot hit the sky. Fixed.
+Fixed:   Vis Tertiary Fire could sometimes instagib bosses in Hexen due to them
      reaching terminal velocity. To high HP targets it will now do around 300
      to 400 damage on detonation, as it should.
+Fixed: New Vis animations trail effect didn't have blank frames at its start,
      so it could cause a white flicker effect on the players screen; this
      should now be reduced.
+Fixed:   Fulgur Chain Lightning (Primary upgrade) has been given piercing in case
      its target choice is something in a strange place.
+Fixed: Fulgur Plasma Ball could sometimes become very small and strangely
      shaped due to an errant decimal point. Cosmetic, but fixed nontheless.
+Fixed:   Fulgur Primary fire performance optimised somewhat. It should need less
      beef from your GFX, and shouldn't lag as much now.
+Balance:   A handful of minor damage tweaks to several base modes and weapons.
+Balance:    Revised Armour drop routine should increase armour variety in Doom
         wads that have an obsession with spamming Green Armour all the time
         which is annoyingly common and leads to situations where your armour
         is always quite low as you're just constantly changing your shoes...
+Misc:   The Walpurgis Testing Map is now innately included in the mod. You can
      go there by typing "map walptest" on the console with no quotations.
      BUT IT REQUIRES you to currently be using the HEXEN iWad; or else you'll
      get a bunch of bad textures and cyberdemons (lol). I may get around to
      making a Doom and Heretic version eventually; but its not there now.
+Misc.   Huge swathes of organisation in directory structure, SNDINFO, and a few
      other places to make them less of a clustertruck.
eharper256

Re: Hexen: Walpurgis 0.9 (Doom, Heretic, Hexen) 0.9 IS RELEA

Postby Blackgrowl » Sun Sep 20, 2020 3:18 am

I know I'm supposed to be amazed by the Druid, but screw it:
Wow, this HUD is amazing!
Very inspirational too, makes me wanna make one myself, but for another game. Maybe I'll get a good idea.

As for the rest...Well, for the druid, I'll try it later

I do have a suggestion for the good ol' Warrior:
You see, his secondary attack, the "chain link then kick" should actually instead be "chain link then see if you can kick". I've been grabbing some pesky Green Serpents from platforms, they always get caught but they always get far away from me, so that complimentary kick is honestly unnecessary.
Would it be possible to code it up so the kick happens when the enemy (sprite) is right on your distance? You know, you basically make the "Auto-Kick" into a "Smart-Kick" instead. I just hope it won't be a coding mess, let alone it reduces performance, I know code can be like Mother Nature, either a lovely embracing mother or a total deadly bitch.

By the way, the "tertiary kick upgrade" seems to be missing the "dirty shoes", the option changes nothing either. It is also missing the "Stop the camera!" function but I think this one was intentional? Still, I'll be honest and say that I don't like it one bit, when I go around punching people I don't want to be forced to look down on how I kick the ground, alas I understand it's better that than make a new animation or so.

Now suggestions for that sexy-ass Crusader, who I sure am interested in playing now, one day:
The "tertiary charge upgrade" attack for the mace, could you give an option to disable the "forced FOV change"? I get slight motion sickness from it, it is a cool effect but it's just not fit for me, sorry, I do hope it's no big bother.
By the way, I still think the "holy glow" needs a better sprite, sorry for being so meticulous about it :oops:
The "Holy Artifact" (forgot its name, sorry) should have a better primary attack sound.
The secondary weapon's prism, it has one of the most prettiest colours I have ever seen in any GZDoom mod 8-)

Time to mention the good ol' Mage:
First of all, I love these sexy little effects you gave to his spells, especially on the staff, nice light! You really are rather artistic with this, it's somewhat inspirational.
And his main weapon? Jesus. At first, it's nothing special, just some wind gush attacks, but then you get the upgrades, including the tertiary. The moment I saw the tertiary first, I fell instantly in love :wub::wub::wub:
I can't make any suggestions on these ones because they're way too good, almost perfect. All I can say is that, the primary attack upgraded might need a better sound, but I'm not too sure, it sounds boomy enough but not over-the-top, yet I think it needs a bit more "top" to it? Still having a state of awe from the tertiary. Oh and, maybe you want to make the serpents immune to the knockback of it, reasons are obvious!
I still remember the Thunder spell's tertiary, still love it so much. But I have to admit, the primary is disappointing because I was hoping you would fix it up a bit, since it blocks the screen too much. I won't deny that it is my fault too, for I have to mention that I use Bloom and it makes it worse than usual. One issue I have found and you should fix is that, the lightning gets in the way of the mage when you run, which makes him spawn blood, I think it's a particles type blood too. Again, this is also my fault for using particles-sprites type blood.

As for the new enemies:
I also really like this Chainmail Ettin, my favourite is the lunge, I expected to dislike it but I sure love it! The best part is that, probably unintentional, but a "good bug", he sometimes lunges even when he shouldn't and it looks more like he's doing a dodge! It's so good :lol: Finally the Ettin is using his two heads' brains!
Mud Golem looks interesting, but seems this one hasn't come out the "WIP" bed yet :lol: Hope you can find some bitchin' animations for him, including a good melee attack if possible.

I have some suggestions:
I was thinking, what do you think of a "One-Headed Ettin"? In my view, I'd say this is an enemy designed to "fool" you, because, since it has one head, you'd think he's dumber or easier because he'd be weaker.
Not at all, instead, he's much smarter than the two-headed variant because, for having one head, he can coordinate all by himself instead of having a constant conflict between both. But of course, he is a TINY BIT weaker for having only one head, 'cos you know, to bash one head is easier than to bash two.
So, you could make him a bit faster, smarter in his movement and have some tactics, perhaps he can lunge (better yet charge) too but then he'll have a 5 seconds cooldown.

Also, the mage's primary weapon's primary attack gave me an idea; would it be possible to make animations for the flying enemies? Pre-death and post-death, hell if a subject wants to do it, he could juggle that corpse in the air all he wants! It would be a very fun sadistic-but-comedic factor :twisted:

And here is a big suggestion; A "guide" of sorts, you can fancily call it "Book of Lore" or "Book of Knowledge", you're good with names so you'll figure out a better one perhaps.
Anyway, this "Book of Lore" would be just a keybind, default "Home" perhaps, that details the lore of Hexen itself; it will talk about...
1. Monsters, this should include their name, damage, health, armor and even sprite, either static or animated.
I was thinking that to make this more fun, it should be "unique" for each class, so the mage for example can make it animated and even see the "code" name of the monsters (For example, Ettin Sergeant also shows as EttinSarge), but the problem would be that the exclusivity factor is very detrimental.
To fix that, maybe add an "experience" function to it? Let's say you gotta kill 10 Ettins to get info, and this one depends on you; either just kill 10 to get ALL info, or kill 10, each, until you reach 50, to unlock more lore.
2. Weapons, this should include their upgrades and what they do--Or hell, COULD do. This will kill the surprise factor though, but maybe you can find a way to keep that surprise factor? Or perhaps, some method to make that surprise factor still a surprise, yet you can still break it. Like, if you kill Monsters with the thrown axe 50 times, you can have a hint on what the upgrade might do.
Of course, when you get the upgrade, it should tell exactly what it does! This should also help for people like me, who tend to forget obvious stuff :P So I can just take a look at the Book of Lore to see what the tertiary upgrade on the Axe did and worry no more.
3. Items, another obvious one! Just like weapons, it should be class-dependent. For example, the "Upgrade Items", while having identical function for all, are different in aspect and most surely lore, so you could do that.
And I was thinking that a progress function would be great too, even if comical/absurd. Let's say you never grabbed a "Mystic Torch", so you have no info about it at all, but when you do...Even if it MAY be obvious, you still have no idea what it does, so the lorebook would hint "Perhaps it is used to light the dark, or to find magical secrets? For how long will it last, though?" and then the moment you use it first time, you know it all.
4. Character lore. I'm sure you'll love this one, because you have indeed changed the idea of how all the Hexen characters are. Instead of a Warrior, it's a Myrmidon, and you explain why. So yeah, adding this little bit of extra lore would satisfy loreseekers I'm sure!
5. Locations. This one might be very hard because Hexen doesn't exactly tell a story, nor gives much hints, but it could be worth it if you are very lore-addicted. I'd say, put this far down your lists of "to do".

I am also not sure if I should tell you this but, given your creative artistic mind, you should make it so the "Book of Lore" looks very cool and fancy, that would be a VERY nice touch! But for now, I don't mind it having no UI graphics.

There are so many things you can add to the "Book of Lore", but for now, I'll stop.
Sorry if all these suggestions are, well, overwhelming. They really are, but hey take your time reading it while relaxing from the obvious burnout you would get while making 0.9. You are a hero, you deserve some rest.
I do hope you take the suggestions and see if you can modify them, for better or for worse.

But uh, don't get too well rested, because I am thinking of making suggestions for the Druid later on. "Heroes never rest", eh? :lol:
Blackgrowl

Operating System: Windows 10/8.1/8/201x 64-bit
OS Test Version: No (Using Stable Public Version)
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Postby eharper256 » Sun Sep 20, 2020 1:33 pm

I'm going to reply inside the quote (in red) to save me the hell of splitting it up. :lol:

Blackgrowl wrote:Wow, this HUD is amazing!
Very inspirational too, makes me wanna make one myself, but for another game. Maybe I'll get a good idea.

Thanks; the little things make all the difference, don't they?

I do have a suggestion for the good ol' Warrior:
You see, his secondary attack, the "chain link then kick" should actually instead be "chain link then see if you can kick". I've been grabbing some pesky Green Serpents from platforms, they always get caught but they always get far away from me, so that complimentary kick is honestly unnecessary.
Would it be possible to code it up so the kick happens when the enemy (sprite) is right on your distance? You know, you basically make the "Auto-Kick" into a "Smart-Kick" instead. I just hope it won't be a coding mess, let alone it reduces performance, I know code can be like Mother Nature, either a lovely embracing mother or a total deadly bitch.

At the moment, its semi-smart- if the Grapple scores a hit it assumes that it will also successfully reel it in; and will trigger the kick. Ledges and blocking lines unfortunately interrupt that and there's not much I can do about it. That said, it was programmed when I knew less; I might be able to weave a blocking FOV check in there as well now.

By the way, the "tertiary kick upgrade" seems to be missing the "dirty shoes", the option changes nothing either. It is also missing the "Stop the camera!" function but I think this one was intentional? Still, I'll be honest and say that I don't like it one bit, when I go around punching people I don't want to be forced to look down on how I kick the ground, alas I understand it's better that than make a new animation or so.
Yep, I forgot the dirty shoes option for the tertiary, you're right. The camera clamp actually only affects the hammer tertiary right now, as that was requested before (perhaps by yourself, actually, I can't recall). But yes, in this case it is deliberate since the sprite doesn't work without that.

Now suggestions for that sexy-ass Crusader, who I sure am interested in playing now, one day:
The "tertiary charge upgrade" attack for the mace, could you give an option to disable the "forced FOV change"? I get slight motion sickness from it, it is a cool effect but it's just not fit for me, sorry, I do hope it's no big bother.
This one helps the movement look a little less weird; but I'll consider it.

By the way, I still think the "holy glow" needs a better sprite, sorry for being so meticulous about it :oops:
Yeah it needs another tweak now it works differently to before.

The "Holy Artifact" (forgot its name, sorry) should have a better primary attack sound.
Crux's Laser pewspews not good for you? :lol: Honestly, they're obnoxious if they're made louder, and they have to be short as its rapid fire, so I'm not sure a better one can be found, but I'll think about it.

The secondary weapon's prism, it has one of the most prettiest colours I have ever seen in any GZDoom mod 8-)
Everyone loves the Lightbringer, including me! :)

Time to mention the good ol' Mage:
First of all, I love these sexy little effects you gave to his spells, especially on the staff, nice light! You really are rather artistic with this, it's somewhat inspirational.
And his main weapon? Jesus. At first, it's nothing special, just some wind gush attacks, but then you get the upgrades, including the tertiary. The moment I saw the tertiary first, I fell instantly in love :wub::wub::wub:
Vis' Crushing Force Cage is indeed hilarious. All of the basic weapons can be made pretty powerful with their upgrades, but its true that this one is probably my favourite as well.

Oh and, maybe you want to make the serpents immune to the knockback of it, reasons are obvious!
Distinguishing individual monsters for weapon effects is huge amounts of code, so that probably won't happen.

I still remember the Thunder spell's tertiary, still love it so much. But I have to admit, the primary is disappointing because I was hoping you would fix it up a bit, since it blocks the screen too much. I won't deny that it is my fault too, for I have to mention that I use Bloom and it makes it worse than usual.
Whilst the instinct is to go all Star Wars Emperor with it, you should use it in short bursts, really; and in that case, it doesn't obscure as much.

One issue I have found and you should fix is that, the lightning gets in the way of the mage when you run, which makes him spawn blood, I think it's a particles type blood too. Again, this is also my fault for using particles-sprites type blood.
Been aware of this for quite awhile. Also happens with Nashgore. Sadly, there is nothing I can do about it, since the lightning it makes is technically using a Monsters Railgun effect, and it seems that even if I set all the involved actors to be +BLOODLESS, it still does it.

As for the new enemies:
I also really like this Chainmail Ettin, my favourite is the lunge, I expected to dislike it but I sure love it! The best part is that, probably unintentional, but a "good bug", he sometimes lunges even when he shouldn't and it looks more like he's doing a dodge! It's so good :lol: Finally the Ettin is using his two heads' brains!
He does actually also dodge as well; when he goes into a pain state and sometimes when the player has sight, so it might be that. But overall I'm very pleased with his behaviour. He's quite scary when he manages to flank you, and really excels at putting pressure on you.
Mud Golem looks interesting, but seems this one hasn't come out the "WIP" bed yet :lol: Hope you can find some bitchin' animations for him, including a good melee attack if possible.
He was a quicker creation to be sure; but I was surpised on how decent he ended up. He can be nasty if left alone sniping.

I have some suggestions:
I was thinking, what do you think of a "One-Headed Ettin"?
Unfortunately, thats alot of sprite work for a fairly small change. So probably not. Its also not technically an Ettin anymore if has one head. :lol:

Also, the mage's primary weapon's primary attack gave me an idea; would it be possible to make animations for the flying enemies? Pre-death and post-death, hell if a subject wants to do it, he could juggle that corpse in the air all he wants! It would be a very fun sadistic-but-comedic factor :twisted:
As soon as an enemy hits a death state in engine, and gains the +CORPSE flag, it becomes mostly un-interactable, sadly. I'm aware of this mostly because I tried for awhile to mimic the Star of Torment from AMID EVIL.

And here is a big suggestion; A "guide" of sorts, you can fancily call it "Book of Lore" or "Book of Knowledge", you're good with names so you'll figure out a better one perhaps.....
Whilst I love lore collecting myself, this is massive beyond huge beyond gargantuan undertaking in a Doom Mod. Words cannot express how massive this is. I would absolutely have to get someone to program a whole ZScript module for the purpose. Writing multiple perspectives on lore as well... would be more words than I probably ever wrote for my webnovels. So, barring insanity after I've already completed 1.0, I don't see this happening, I'm afraid... :(

But uh, don't get too well rested, because I am thinking of making suggestions for the Druid later on. "Heroes never rest", eh? :lol:

No rest for the wicked either.
eharper256

Postby struukduuker » Sun Sep 20, 2020 2:12 pm

I love this mod! Been playing through a couple of wads with it and have been enjoying it, this could become one of my fav mods. Keep up the good work!

I made a gameplay video with a sp map which suited the theme of this mod imo: https://youtu.be/yElSqCfirZM
Gore overflow ahead, I like it with this Myrmidon brute.
struukduuker

Operating System: Windows 10/8.1/8/201x 64-bit
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Postby eharper256 » Mon Sep 21, 2020 1:10 am

struukduuker wrote:I love this mod! Been playing through a couple of wads with it and have been enjoying it, this could become one of my fav mods. Keep up the good work!

I made a gameplay video with a sp map which suited the theme of this mod imo:
Gore overflow ahead, I like it with this Myrmidon brute.

Hey thanks for the video! :D

Its always nice to see someone else play for a change, and also nice to see the Myrm surviving fine in UV difficulty Doom levels against BD monsters.

The large blue potions must be a thing of the level itself, so I guess they would have been reducing your numbers of Quartzine Flasks.
The mod assumes its replacing regular Doom drops, so when you get things like that the levels own resources will take priority, I believe.
And those cyberdemons must have alot of HP to survive that many Quietus Torpedoes. :shock:

If I'm starting to get videos I guess I now just need Mr.Icarus-sempai to notice me. :lol:

As an aside, you might want to cross-post it on the Doomworld Walpurgis topic as well; maybe get a little bit exposure that way, right?
eharper256

PreviousNext

Return to Gameplay Mods