Treasure Tech (RELEASE 1.01 BUG FIX)

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are ONLY for YOUR PROJECTS! If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.

Re: Treasure Tech (RELEASE 1.01 BUG FIX)

Postby Cryomundus » Wed Jun 03, 2020 11:55 pm

Found a bug? It seems that the ammo pickups spawned from the ammo crate don't give you ammo for the pistol. The normal, map placed ammo pickups do, just not those.
Cryomundus

Postby Edward-The-Hazardous » Thu Jun 04, 2020 2:12 pm

Wario Land 4 is one of my favorite games of all time, so this is a more than pleasant surprise for me.

BRB, finishing the entire Classic series with this.
Edward-The-Hazardous

Operating System: Windows 10/8.1/8/201x 64-bit
OS Test Version: No (Using Stable Public Version)
Graphics Processor: ATI/AMD with Vulkan Support

Postby barosans » Sat Jun 06, 2020 6:44 am

hey hyperultra64, i have suggestion for your mod, it is possible that your mod will fit with the No Ultra-Violence mod ? = viewtopic.php?f=43&t=59415
It fits pretty well with the treasure tech
barosans

Discord: barosans#1747

Postby openroadracer » Sat Jun 06, 2020 12:20 pm

barosans wrote:hey hyperultra64, i have suggestion for your mod, it is possible that your mod will fit with the No Ultra-Violence mod ? = viewtopic.php?f=43&t=59415
I doubt it; Treasure Tech uses its own unique enemy set to enable the stun, grab and throw features.
openroadracer

Discord: Dump The Trump#5789
Operating System: Windows Vista/7/2008 64-bit
Graphics Processor: ATI/AMD with Vulkan Support

Postby xenoxols » Sat Jun 06, 2020 7:18 pm

I think having Treasure Guy's face react to damage like Wario would really enhance the experience. Have a rotten day!
xenoxols

Postby Dephire » Mon Jun 08, 2020 10:31 pm

This is one of those mods that has my jaw dropped at the level of effort and passion put into it.
Dephire

Discord: Dephire#1564
Graphics Processor: ATI/AMD (Modern GZDoom)

Postby xenoxols » Thu Jun 11, 2020 11:52 am

I saw the story trailer on youtube. It looks real neat!
xenoxols

Postby BunnyWithBeans » Thu Jun 11, 2020 8:45 pm

Just wanted to say that this is absolutely fantastic mod, probably one of my favorite gameplay conversions.

Are there any plans to release this in the future with its own megawad, though? The tutorial seems to hint at that with a variety of custom elements (running back to the exit at the end of the level, throwing keys at locks, etc.)

BunnyWithBeans

Graphics Processor: Intel (Modern GZDoom)

Postby AvzinElkein » Thu Jun 11, 2020 9:13 pm

BunnyWithBeans wrote:Just wanted to say that this is absolutely fantastic mod, probably one of my favorite gameplay conversions.

Are there any plans to release this in the future with its own megawad, though? The tutorial seems to hint at that with a variety of custom elements (running back to the exit at the end of the level, throwing keys at locks, etc.)

The answer is yes! https://twitter.com/SuperUltra64/status ... 8516547584
AvzinElkein

Discord: AvzinReborn#9162

Postby rps » Fri Jun 12, 2020 3:33 pm

openroadracer wrote:
barosans wrote:hey hyperultra64, i have suggestion for your mod, it is possible that your mod will fit with the No Ultra-Violence mod ? = viewtopic.php?f=43&t=59415
I doubt it; Treasure Tech uses its own unique enemy set to enable the stun, grab and throw features.

Actually, the enemies are specifically coded to be stunned/grabbed. Its why you can't stun/grab heavily modified versions of enemies.

I'm pretty sure that TT works with the mod though, it seems like these enemies just have are just heavily re-sprited for the most part and the special deaths most likely won't effect weather they can be stunned/grabbed.
rps

Postby JuliusKoolius » Fri Jun 12, 2020 7:27 pm

rps wrote:
openroadracer wrote:

Actually, the enemies are specifically coded to be stunned/grabbed. Its why you can't stun/grab heavily modified versions of enemies.

I'm pretty sure that TT works with the mod though, it seems like these enemies just have are just heavily re-sprited for the most part and the special deaths most likely won't effect weather they can be stunned/grabbed.

And if it does end up causing conflicts, then you can also pop it open in Slade and just remove the stuff that’s conflicting with it, but you probably don’t have to do any of this, because I don’t think it will effect if the monsters can be stunned
JuliusKoolius
But... Why?

Postby Pompous Seed » Sat Jun 13, 2020 12:12 pm

This is fantastic. Everything works surprisingly well; every weapon serves a purpose and is wonderfully balanced, the melee mechanics are well-executed and satisfying to use, the sound effects are on point, and the sprites are nicely done. I look forward to the story mode!

In the meantime though, I'm having difficulty finding suitable megawads to pair this up with. I know this is a bit off-topic, but are there any recommendations?
Pompous Seed

Postby JuliusKoolius » Sat Jun 13, 2020 5:30 pm

Pompous Seed wrote:This is fantastic. Everything works surprisingly well; every weapon serves a purpose and is wonderfully balanced, the melee mechanics are well-executed and satisfying to use, the sound effects are on point, and the sprites are nicely done. I look forward to the story mode!

In the meantime though, I'm having difficulty finding suitable megawads to pair this up with. I know this is a bit off-topic, but are there any recommendations?

I think Super Mayhem 17 goes well with this
JuliusKoolius
But... Why?

Postby Pompous Seed » Sat Jun 13, 2020 8:52 pm

Appreciate it.
Pompous Seed

Postby PresBarackbar » Sat Jun 13, 2020 9:16 pm

JuliusKoolius wrote:
Pompous Seed wrote:This is fantastic. Everything works surprisingly well; every weapon serves a purpose and is wonderfully balanced, the melee mechanics are well-executed and satisfying to use, the sound effects are on point, and the sprites are nicely done. I look forward to the story mode!

I think Super Mayhem 17 goes well with this

For the most part, the only real issue is in the back third or so when the maps get really slaughtery
PresBarackbar

PreviousNext

Return to Gameplay Mods