Treasure Tech (NEW 1.2 RELEASE!)

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are ONLY for YOUR PROJECTS! If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.

Re: Treasure Tech (RELEASE 1.01 BUG FIX)

Postby Someonewhoplaysdoom » Sun Jun 14, 2020 7:16 pm

I really liked this gameplay mod style. I started playing Unholy Realms with treasure Tech and for now its one of the easiest run that I had with that map pack :wub:

It would be great if you post a pdf version of the Game Manual. It was a great and funny reading for explanation of weapons, mechanics and lore, and liked to read it better, outside of the game itself. :3:
User avatar
Someonewhoplaysdoom
 
Joined: 14 Feb 2020
Location: Colombia
Operating System: Windows 10/8.1/8/201x 64-bit

Re: Treasure Tech (RELEASE 1.01 BUG FIX)

Postby Josko » Tue Jun 16, 2020 2:41 am

Very cool mod! Reminds me alot of Gun caster ^^

Something I think would be amazing for this mod is to find unique versions of the weapons having unique effects or just more damage, speed or capacity, like in diablo 2/3! Also some unique versions of the same gun could look different too, the handgun could have a revolver as a unique weapon but there would many different unique weapons for the same weapon type so finding one unique weapon you want would have a low chance of happening.

Different unique guns would have lower chance to drop especially if they are powerful!

Monsters would have a small chance of dropping a unique weapon, and when they do, a gold beam would light up and a sound would play like in diablo 3 notifying the player that a unique weapon just dropped.

There could also be chests that can be opened to drop unique weapon replacing mega spheres.



After playing the mod for a while I have a few suggestions:

There should be more upgrades, upgrades that increases the damage of weapons, upgrades that reduces the recoil of weapons. The recoil on most weapons is just insane, if no upgrade, atleast an option to tone it down please!

The ammo upgrades should be infinite in my opinion, having only 200 max ammo on the Striker is not enough or fun.

The handgun upgrade where you shoot with money instead of bullets should be reduced to $1000 instead of $10.000, too much in my opinion, the upgrade itself already costs a hefty $125.000.

The fists should attack super fast until you are completely out of the fist ammo but it stops attacking super fast around 40 "fist" ammo and slows down which kinda sucks. An upgrade to increase the max fist ammo you can have would be nice aswell as an upgrade that increases the amount of fist ammo you get when punching an enemy.


Shotgun, Striker and that Bee gun needs to do more damage.

Wild Hunter should have its own ammo and not share with shotgun in my opinion, I know the super shotgun did share with regular shotgun but Wild hunter is shooting harpoons!

Pop Rocks alt fire Bomb should have shorter timer, something like 1-2 seconds before exploding, as it is now, it's way to long.

Ammo for the Tech handgun needs to be more common and have more max ammo aswell. I'm always running out of ammo, especially on slaughter wads!

Also found a small bug, when killing a spectre you will see a normal demon that dies and flies off :P

I found that when playing the Megawad " Back to Saturn X " the ShellBox sprite was shown as the vanilla doom ShellBox sprite, and it turns out Back to Saturn X.wad has its own ShellBox sprite called exactly the same, SBOX A, simply renaming it to something like SSBOX A in the Back to saturn X.wad the problem vanished and Treasure Tech's ShellBox sprite could finally be seen, maybe this can be avoided it Treasure Tech's ShellBox sprite is named to something different than " SBOX A"
Josko
 
Joined: 22 Sep 2017

Re: Treasure Tech (RELEASE 1.01 BUG FIX)

Postby Josko » Thu Jun 18, 2020 2:50 am

An idea I had for Treasures:

Make so treasures can spawn as either new unique guns or an artifact.

A new gun is pretty straight forward, usually overwriting an existing gun that can be retrieved anytime the player chooses to with the brand new inventory menu.

Artifacts are items that grant players different bonuses as long as they are in the players inventory, they could give bonuses like: increased max health, increased max armor, speed bonus, double jump, health regeneration, increased weapon damage or increased ammo capacity and so on. If duplicate weapon or artifacts is found then they are sold for cold hard cash! Greed aint so bad indeed!

So all that needs to be done with the artifacts atleast is to change the description for each treasure that corresponds with the bonus it is supposed to give, so for example the Hoagie treasure could give +50 max health and its description could say something like " Increases your max health by 50 points with this strange Hoagie sandvich! " and then add the code for that in the treasure.acs. I hope you get the idea :P

I feel like this would make the game a WHOLE alot more fun, adding a big replay value to the mod, being able to find new and unique guns and artifacts that would give the player various cool and interesting bonuses.

A missed opportunity in my opinion. Right now treasures are just sold for cash, frankly it's boring and there is no excitement in finding treasures when you don't get any bonuses from them.


Also I noticed that the Striker looks like it's pointing down all the time when comparing different weapons like Heavy Kuma or Wild Hunter with it. Would it be possible to fix this? Try it yourself, equip the Striker and then equip Kuma and you should notice that it looks like the Striker sprite it looking down compared to the other guns :(

Hope this can be fixed :)


Wild Hunter should have a AltFire Zoom function, because there is no weapon good enough for long range sniping, I think Wild hunter can be turned into that, short fuse time 1-2 seconds, faster projectile and a AltFire zoom!
Josko
 
Joined: 22 Sep 2017

Re: Treasure Tech (RELEASE 1.01 BUG FIX)

Postby mentha » Sat Jun 20, 2020 5:36 am

I'd like to make a request.

I'm having quite a bit of trouble figuring out what the arc of the pistol alt-fire is. It very noticeably angled to shoot well above the center of the screen. Will you please consider adding a trail of some kind to the projectile so I can have a better idea of how it moves? Or maybe add some kind of option for the gun to shoot directly forward and have the arc start from there?
User avatar
mentha
 
Joined: 30 Aug 2013

Re: Treasure Tech (RELEASE 1.01 BUG FIX)

Postby Irrevenant » Sun Jun 21, 2020 6:47 am

Josko wrote:Wild Hunter should have a AltFire Zoom function, because there is no weapon good enough for long range sniping


Funny you should say that, the Wild Hunter was a bolt-action rifle in older versions.
Irrevenant
 
Joined: 28 Jul 2017

Re: Treasure Tech (RELEASE 1.01 BUG FIX)

Postby ZeroTakenaka » Sun Jun 21, 2020 1:25 pm

HyperUltra64 wrote:Like all of them? Or just some of them?


I'm not sure when but it seems like it just stops recognizing that you have room for ammo and it stops collecting ammo for your guns. I'm not sure when it exactly starts but you're doing something and firing your weapon and... I don't know.
ZeroTakenaka
 
Joined: 13 Mar 2020
Discord: ZeroTakenaka#6892
Operating System: Windows 10/8.1/8/201x 64-bit
Graphics Processor: Not Listed

Re: Treasure Tech (RELEASE 1.01 BUG FIX)

Postby Josko » Tue Jun 23, 2020 2:19 pm

There is a visual miss on the Shell description of Shell Carrier, the Max level shell upgrade, it is supposed to say 40 to 50 but it says 30 to 40 just like its previous shell upgrade Shell locker.

Just noticed this while checking out the descriptions on SLADE lol.
Josko
 
Joined: 22 Sep 2017

Re: Treasure Tech (RELEASE 1.01 BUG FIX)

Postby Josko » Tue Jun 23, 2020 2:25 pm

Irrevenant wrote:
Josko wrote:Wild Hunter should have a AltFire Zoom function, because there is no weapon good enough for long range sniping


Funny you should say that, the Wild Hunter was a bolt-action rifle in older versions.


Cool. I find WildHunter a very nice weapon after I changed the fuse timer to 25, that is like 1 second delay and then BOOM. The radious is pretty generous but not too much, it will kill everything in one shot except barons and cybers and mastermind seems to be immune to it. And if you miss you will be left wide open waiting to reload the harpoon :P

This is how WildHunter should be imo. also poprock should detonate its bombs much faster, makes it a very risky weapon to use because of the splash damage but very effective on big groups of monsters.

Hope the mod gets worked on with new features and such like new upgrades, perhaps even a new gun or two and as I suggested a rework of the treasure mechanic, currently there is really no thrill in finding these unique treasure, sure the descriptions they have is really funny and fun to read but that's about it :P Wish they gave the player some bonus effect upon finding said treasure.
Josko
 
Joined: 22 Sep 2017

Re: Treasure Tech (RELEASE 1.01 BUG FIX)

Postby JuliusKoolius » Tue Jun 23, 2020 4:25 pm

Josko wrote:also poprock should detonate its bombs much faster, makes it a very risky weapon to use because of the splash damage but very effective on big groups of monsters.


You know that you can shoot the bomb to detonate it immediately instead of just waiting, also you can throw it at your enemies as well, so I don't think the fuse time should be decreased at all
User avatar
JuliusKoolius
But... Why?
 
Joined: 07 Apr 2020
Location: Even I don't know

Re: Treasure Tech (RELEASE 1.01 BUG FIX)

Postby Josko » Thu Jun 25, 2020 12:32 pm

JuliusKoolius wrote:
Josko wrote:also poprock should detonate its bombs much faster, makes it a very risky weapon to use because of the splash damage but very effective on big groups of monsters.


You know that you can shoot the bomb to detonate it immediately instead of just waiting, also you can throw it at your enemies as well, so I don't think the fuse time should be decreased at all


Yeah I know that but I found that with big groups of enemies I would miss hitting the bomb with next shot because of the enemies walking over it towards me and then having to wait a long time for it to explode. Its really a inferior weapon to vanilla rocket launcher imo. But with quick fuse time it becomes really good and fun! It also becomes really dangerous to yourself if you are too close thanks to the quick fuse time!


Anyway that is how I changed it :P
Josko
 
Joined: 22 Sep 2017

Re: Treasure Tech (RELEASE 1.01 BUG FIX)

Postby HorselessHH » Fri Jun 26, 2020 4:20 pm

I keep getting a error while parsing decorate script, it's occurring on the more recent downloads of mine. Any way to fix it?
User avatar
HorselessHH
 
Joined: 03 Apr 2020
Operating System: Windows 10/8.1/8 32-bit
OS Test Version: No (Using Stable Public Version)
Graphics Processor: ATI/AMD (Modern GZDoom)

Re: Treasure Tech (RELEASE 1.01 BUG FIX)

Postby HorselessHH » Fri Jun 26, 2020 4:25 pm

My mistake, wasn't on current version of gzdoom.
User avatar
HorselessHH
 
Joined: 03 Apr 2020
Operating System: Windows 10/8.1/8 32-bit
OS Test Version: No (Using Stable Public Version)
Graphics Processor: ATI/AMD (Modern GZDoom)

Re: Treasure Tech (RELEASE 1.01 BUG FIX)

Postby DYD » Wed Aug 19, 2020 4:48 am

Truly, one of the best Doom mods I have ever played. The balance is pristine, but I haven't been able to find a mapset that fits well gameplay-wise (I tried Mayhem 2017 for its theme, but it seems not to work that well in gameplay). If there is a problem in balance, all I could say would be the hitscan, since health seems to be harder to come by and thus I want to be able to dodge everything. The quality is amazing. The manual is incredible, and the character bios are funny and cool (Future Wario? Hell yeah!). The weapons are immensely satisfying, perhaps only barring the bee plasmagun (it lacks the kick it seems it would pack). The entire feel of Armin and his wacky weapons somehow blends perfectly with Doom. Thank you for this already-masterpiece, looking forward to further updates!
DYD
 
Joined: 28 Jul 2019
Operating System: Windows 10/8.1/8/201x 64-bit
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Re: Treasure Tech (RELEASE 1.01 BUG FIX)

Postby Dr. Lugawi » Wed Aug 19, 2020 3:38 pm

DYD wrote:Truly, one of the best Doom mods I have ever played. The balance is pristine, but I haven't been able to find a mapset that fits well gameplay-wise (I tried Mayhem 2017 for its theme, but it seems not to work that well in gameplay). If there is a problem in balance, all I could say would be the hitscan, since health seems to be harder to come by and thus I want to be able to dodge everything. The quality is amazing. The manual is incredible, and the character bios are funny and cool (Future Wario? Hell yeah!). The weapons are immensely satisfying, perhaps only barring the bee plasmagun (it lacks the kick it seems it would pack). The entire feel of Armin and his wacky weapons somehow blends perfectly with Doom. Thank you for this already-masterpiece, looking forward to further updates!

Hes making a mapset called teasure tech land
User avatar
Dr. Lugawi
 
Joined: 01 Apr 2020

Re: Treasure Tech (RELEASE 1.01 BUG FIX)

Postby DYD » Sat Aug 22, 2020 1:54 am

Dr. Lugawi wrote:
DYD wrote:Truly, one of the best Doom mods I have ever played. The balance is pristine, but I haven't been able to find a mapset that fits well gameplay-wise (I tried Mayhem 2017 for its theme, but it seems not to work that well in gameplay). If there is a problem in balance, all I could say would be the hitscan, since health seems to be harder to come by and thus I want to be able to dodge everything. The quality is amazing. The manual is incredible, and the character bios are funny and cool (Future Wario? Hell yeah!). The weapons are immensely satisfying, perhaps only barring the bee plasmagun (it lacks the kick it seems it would pack). The entire feel of Armin and his wacky weapons somehow blends perfectly with Doom. Thank you for this already-masterpiece, looking forward to further updates!

Hes making a mapset called teasure tech land


I know, but I'd rather have something to play in the meanwhile. Eventually I settled for Akeldama
DYD
 
Joined: 28 Jul 2019
Operating System: Windows 10/8.1/8/201x 64-bit
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

PreviousNext

Return to Gameplay Mods

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Sgt. Ham, Tombstone665 and 16 guests