Voyage Infernal [1.10.5]

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are ONLY for YOUR PROJECTS! If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.

Re: Voyage Infernal [1.10.5]

Postby Captain J » Wed Oct 13, 2021 5:30 am

What kind of addons are you running with the mod? Can you please provide them so we can figure out what's causing the error? After looking at the screenie you're running with some kind of custom enemy addon.
Captain J
That's Amoreee

Discord: DiscussJ#3128

Postby ClessxAlghazanth » Wed Oct 13, 2021 6:12 am

Captain J wrote:What kind of addons are you running with the mod? Can you please provide them so we can figure out what's causing the error? After looking at the screenie you're running with some kind of custom enemy addon.

Thanks

I think my load order was

Brutal Doom monsters only
Voyage Infernal
py_weaponwheel
tiltplusplus
livereverb
crosshairhp
hitmarkers
dmgdiroverlay

I also got similar abort when I was playing with Colorful Hell , but forgot to take a screenshot that time

Any hints on finding the addon causing the abort ?

best regards
ClessxAlghazanth

Postby Karl515 » Wed Oct 13, 2021 11:29 pm

Voyage Infernal uses it's own gore handling system, it means that any monster packs that has a custom gore system (Brutal DooM Monsters only) will cause errors.
Karl515

Operating System: Other Linux 64-bit
OS Test Version: No (Using Stable Public Version)
Graphics Processor: Intel with Vulkan Support

Postby ClessxAlghazanth » Wed Oct 13, 2021 11:52 pm

Karl515 wrote:Voyage Infernal uses it's own gore handling system, it means that any monster packs that has a custom gore system (Brutal DooM Monsters only) will cause errors.

Thanks for the insight !

Does it mean that monster packs which don't have their own gore system would be ok ?

I'd suppose running Colorful Hell alone is ok , but Colorful Hell + Nashgore would also be no-no ?

Best regards
ClessxAlghazanth

Postby Karl515 » Thu Oct 14, 2021 12:52 am

Can you try loading Colorful Hell or Brutal DooM Monsters only after Voyage Infernal? They might be able to override VI's gore system.

Edit:
Yep, Both Monster packs work as long as they're loaded after the main mod.
Karl515

Operating System: Other Linux 64-bit
OS Test Version: No (Using Stable Public Version)
Graphics Processor: Intel with Vulkan Support

Postby Turin Turambar » Mon Oct 18, 2021 6:30 am

I don't know if this post will seve for anything, as the last time the creator posted here was more than a year ago, but I just wanted to say the weapon set is fine, but the optimization could be better.
It can't be noticed in normal map, but in big maps like map06 from Atmospheric Extinction, the framerate goes to less than 30 fps while looking forward at the start, in the peak, while turning off the mod it makes it come back to 75 fps. Something is going on...
Turin Turambar

Operating System: Windows 10/8.1/8/201x 64-bit
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Postby Captain J » Mon Oct 18, 2021 11:25 am

I did play the mod with the map pack so called Atmospheric Extinction and HOLY CRAP man each map are massive and has a lot of monsters in 'em. Suffered like near 30fps cap because of Props and Casings staying rather longer, but i'm sure this mod's not the only case of having slowing framerate.
Captain J
That's Amoreee

Discord: DiscussJ#3128

Postby Turin Turambar » Mon Oct 18, 2021 1:31 pm

I meant just starting the map, when you still haven't fired a shot. No casings on the floor.
Turin Turambar

Operating System: Windows 10/8.1/8/201x 64-bit
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Previous

Return to Gameplay Mods