Voyage Infernal [1.13]

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
Douku
Graphics Processor: Intel (Legacy GZDoom)

Re: Voyage Infernal [1.00]

Post by Douku »

I'm having some problems with the hud
Attachments
Sem título.png
Sem título.png (4.58 KiB) Viewed 967 times
vidumec

Post by vidumec »

thank you all for the feedback, ill put the famas back to slot4, and see what i can do about the hud scaling, as well as fix the other minor issues.

as for the "oomph" factor, i tried to scale it in such a way, so that it doesn't distract too much from the gameplay. Also i've been adjusting all the sfx with HRTF mode ON, so it might sound weird with it disabled.
vidumec

Re: Voyage Infernal [1.01]

Post by vidumec »

Douku wrote:I'm having some problems with the hud
set the fullscreen hud scaling to 4, or "scale to fullscreen", as a temporary workaround

the problem comes from the fact that the font is scaled down to 0.75 ( the original is too big to my taste, and the smallfont is too small and ugly ), and in combination with BaseSize set to (320, 200) it screws with the coordinates.

LAW-12/SPAS reload is interruptable, just hold the fire button. I'll add the option to disable autoreloading too, but it's something i've added because it gets too annoying having to reload it yourself all the time, i don't actually like reloads much, and use them for balancing reasons

the looping bulletpuff sfx in menu is because the bulletpuff sfx have the looping flag enabled for them. For some reason if it's disabled, the sfx will sometimes not play when shooting rapid firing weapons, like FAMAS

The file in the OP has been updated with the newer version. SPAS autoreload is now toggleable, and shotguns are now back on slot3, and famas on slot4
Goat

Post by Goat »

Pretty good mod. But I share the same nitpicks as the others:

1) The shotguns should switch slots with the chaingun replacement
2) The double-barreled sh
  • otgun and LAW-12 should switch places
    3) The LAW-12 fires a little too soon after reloading
    4) The current chainsaw replacement should be the berserk replacement with more duration.
    5) I feel like the Axe could be a chainsaw replacement while the fists could have some basic combos like in Project Brutality or a simple powered attack after three consecutive strikes like in Final Doomer
vidumec

Post by vidumec »

why should the law12 and doublebarrelled be switched? They have basically swapped their places, law-12 spawns in place of ssg, does more damage up close, and is a better "damn i need to kill this QUICK" emergency burst damage weapon, whereas the doublebarreled remains as a backup medium-long range peakaboo gun. Increasing the reload time will make interrupting the reload even more clunky

changed the chainsaw replacement to give more rage and not heal the player
Last edited by vidumec on Tue Jan 14, 2020 11:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
Agitatio
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by Agitatio »

I'm with vidumec on that one.

Noticed another thing. Rocket seems to leave no hit decal.
vidumec

Re: Voyage Infernal [1.03]

Post by vidumec »

added scorch decal to rockets
TheOldKingCole

Post by TheOldKingCole »

Goat wrote:Pretty good mod. But I share the same nitpicks as the others:

1) The shotguns should switch slots with the chaingun replacement
2) The double-barreled sh
  • otgun and LAW-12 should switch places
    3) The LAW-12 fires a little too soon after reloading
    4) The current chainsaw replacement should be the berserk replacement with more duration.
    5) I feel like the Axe could be a chainsaw replacement while the fists could have some basic combos like in Project Brutality or a simple powered attack after three consecutive strikes like in Final Doomer
I do agree with point 2. It just doesn't logically make sense for military personel, possessed or not, to carry around double barrel shotguns. Also I'd like if you gave use the option to have the LAW to have Manuel reload rather than reloading after every shot.
TheOldKingCole

Post by TheOldKingCole »

For those who want to play with mouselook off and autoaim but are having trouble with the bfg, here's a quick fix. FIrst you need a program called "Slade" which is a doom editor. Load the voyage_infernal.pk3 into slade and go to the zsc folder, then the weapons folder, then bigplasma. On ever line of code that says angle and pitch, simply set the value to zero

Example
Change

Code: Select all

BFGR d 1 Offset (4,31) A_SetAngle(angle+2.0) ;
		TNT1 A 0 a_setpitch(pitch+1.6);
To

Code: Select all

BFGR d 1 Offset (4,31) A_SetAngle(angle+0.0) ;
		TNT1 A 0 a_setpitch(pitch+0.0);
vidumec

Post by vidumec »

TheOldKingCole,
that's not a good fix, the proper fix would be making the total sum of pitch and angle adjustments zero over the course of the animation

the latest version has manual reload option for LAW
Agitatio
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by Agitatio »

TheOldKingCole wrote:I do agree with point 2. It just doesn't logically make sense for military personel, possessed or not, to carry around double barrel shotguns.
A lot of things in Doom don't make sense. Even when modded. And this mod is purely a weapons mod, gameplay first. It doesn't affect enemies.

New Double-Barreled Shotgun fulfills the role of original Shotgun.
vidumec

Re: Voyage Infernal [1.04]

Post by vidumec »

LAW-12 would break the tempo of the map, being droppable from the first shotgun zombie. I'd have to nerf it, but then it would become obsolete.
TheOldKingCole

Post by TheOldKingCole »

vidumec wrote:TheOldKingCole,
that's not a good fix, the proper fix would be making the total sum of pitch and angle adjustments zero over the course of the animation
Hey, if it works, it works.
vidumec

Post by vidumec »

TheOldKingCole wrote:
sure, but it shouldn't be neccessary now, i've uploaded a fixed version that should be playable with disabled mouse look ( why would someone do that to himself though... )
TheOldKingCole

Post by TheOldKingCole »

vidumec wrote:
TheOldKingCole wrote:
sure, but it shouldn't be neccessary now, i've uploaded a fixed version that should be playable with disabled mouse look ( why would someone do that to himself though... )
Because I'm a hack with no talent? See what I did there? In all seriousness I am very new to modding in general, so I had no idea how to make it work the way you did.

Return to “Gameplay Mods”