Bitter Heretic: Melee combat emphasise

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are ONLY for YOUR PROJECTS! If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.

Re: Bitter Heretic: Melee combat emphasise

Postby kalensar » Sat Sep 11, 2021 1:28 pm

RIght. I was meaning so that you didn't stun every monster in a 360* whenever you use the block feature of the weapons.
kalensar

Postby Lagi » Sat Sep 11, 2021 2:01 pm

i play few levels (sold soul) and 360 block is not an issue, its even a feature. There are time gaps when you block (except constant blocking with staff).

----------------------------------

update [ its minor change, not worth downloading IMO]:
- wand block upgraded (try to keeping reload for constants block. there is new animation).
- new block logic - you might be confused by monsters doing almost full melee attack animation, because monster are stun from block just before they land the strike
-reduce warrior block chance and hp
-increase all monsters gib threshold
- on hard difficulties monster have +50% hp, instead 2x.
- ice shard (grenade) is doing 50% less damage - it was too effective compare to others
- alt xbox (3x bolts) are dealing more damage
- hammer missibe is doing more damage
- .... rest is some minor stats tweak that i forgot myself ( and i change them there and back after each upload :D ).

========================
i notice sword and hammer are very good as areal attack, to quickly clear the room.
i think i would make mace areal (like sword) as well just with lower damage, and lower radius. Currently mace is doing lots of damage, and its sometimes feels off.
Lagi

Postby kalensar » Sat Sep 11, 2021 3:03 pm

Also I was going to add. I have an older version of Bitter Heretic where the monsters are mainly the Heretic monsters but reworked with the extra animations. I absolutely love those monsters and want to use them for Vanilla Heretic style. Could you make a monster pack only out of this, or especially the older version monsters where the Golems aren't replaced by the Legionairre? They're literally the best heretic monsters out there for the brutal style animations. The imps falling to the floor when hit is just awesome.
kalensar

Postby Lagi » Sat Sep 11, 2021 4:49 pm

kalensar wrote:Also I was going to add. I have an older version of Bitter Heretic where the monsters are mainly the Heretic monsters but reworked with the extra animations. I absolutely love those monsters and want to use them for Vanilla Heretic style. Could you make a monster pack only out of this, or especially the older version monsters where the Golems aren't replaced by the Legionairre? They're literally the best heretic monsters out there for the brutal style animations. The imps falling to the floor when hit is just awesome.

you want bitter heretic without legionaire?
http://www.mediafire.com/file/8o8szpyf7 ... ion%29.pk3

i make monster pack some times ago: mellow heretic(but it also have legionairre, sorry - you would have to edit decorate with Slade yourself).
Lagi

Postby kalensar » Sat Sep 11, 2021 5:07 pm

Lagi wrote:
kalensar wrote:Also I was going to add. I have an older version of Bitter Heretic where the monsters are mainly the Heretic monsters but reworked with the extra animations. I absolutely love those monsters and want to use them for Vanilla Heretic style. Could you make a monster pack only out of this, or especially the older version monsters where the Golems aren't replaced by the Legionairre? They're literally the best heretic monsters out there for the brutal style animations. The imps falling to the floor when hit is just awesome.

you want bitter heretic without legionaire?
http://www.mediafire.com/file/8o8szpyf7 ... ion%29.pk3

i make monster pack some times ago: mellow heretic(but it also have legionairre, sorry - you would have to edit decorate with Slade yourself).

YES! YES!. Thank you so much !

I've used the Realm667 Legionairre in my own mods, so I know how to do the editing. But very much awesome that you have that as a monster pack!
kalensar

Postby Pale_Navigator » Tue Sep 14, 2021 10:24 pm

This is an awesome mod. I hope that the Obsidian map generator gets some more love in the Heretic Dept.
Pale_Navigator

Operating System: Windows 10/8.1/8/201x 64-bit
OS Test Version: No (Using Stable Public Version)
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Previous

Return to Gameplay Mods