Universal Entropy v3.666b - The Universal Randomizer

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are ONLY for YOUR PROJECTS! If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.

Re: Universal Entropy v3.666b - The Universal Randomizer

Postby amdcrash » Wed Jul 08, 2020 7:46 am

bLUEbYTE wrote:Hi amdcrash,
I wasn't able to reproduce the issue, and I don't get these black background behind green aliens in a loaded game.

What version of GZDoom are you running? Make sure it's up to date. Do you also have this issue with other IWADs?
Also, are you running some sort of software rendering mode? That has not been tested so I have no idea how it would behave with color randomisations.

You might want to try disabling monster recolouring.

i have gzdoom version 4.2.2 and i'm using OpenGL with hardware accelerated render mode, it does happen with other iwads such as The Ultimate Doom and doom II hell on earth.

i tried disabling monster recolouring but the problem is still there.

it worked fine until a few hours ago though, which makes this problem very odd.
amdcrash

Postby bLUEbYTE » Wed Jul 08, 2020 7:49 am

Yeah sounds a bit odd to me. and you are below the minimum version requirement 4.2.4.
bLUEbYTE

Graphics Processor: Intel with Vulkan Support

Postby BradmanX » Thu Jul 30, 2020 1:25 pm

The black background issue also seems to appear in 4.4 versions and 4.5 dev versions of GZDoom on both OpenGL and Vulkan renderers upon loading a save after restarting GZDoom and even sometimes appearing on seemingly random animation frames on recolored enemies without having to restart the game and load a save. The issue seems to be with just the coloring, but I'm not 100% certain.
BradmanX

Postby phantombeta » Thu Jul 30, 2020 1:53 pm

That's most likely caused by this bug.
phantombeta
Tired of being treated like trash by control freaks

Postby BradmanX » Thu Jul 30, 2020 3:14 pm

phantombeta wrote:That's most likely caused by this bug.

You're probably right about that.
BradmanX

Postby bLUEbYTE » Sat Aug 01, 2020 5:07 am

BradmanX wrote:The black background issue also seems to appear in 4.4 versions and 4.5 dev versions of GZDoom on both OpenGL and Vulkan renderers upon loading a save after restarting GZDoom and even sometimes appearing on seemingly random animation frames on recolored enemies without having to restart the game and load a save. The issue seems to be with just the coloring, but I'm not 100% certain.

I don't remember seeing this in 4.2.4 or 4.3.x. I posted in the bug thread linked above. Thanks for reporting! I admit I could have tried better to reproduce this issue that amdcrash notified of a while ago.

I'll see if something can be done in UE to work around this.
bLUEbYTE

Postby bLUEbYTE » Thu Dec 03, 2020 6:16 am

If you've been put off by the above mentioned issue which made some monsters appear with a black background after loading a saved game, well, I have good news for ya.
Today I finally got around to upgrading to the latest GZDoom and I'm happy to confirm that the bug is fixed in version 4.5.0!
bLUEbYTE

Postby BradmanX » Thu Dec 03, 2020 9:35 am

Awesome, I was missing having randomly recolored enemies and decorations ^_^
BradmanX

Postby krimson painkekk » Thu Dec 24, 2020 7:25 pm

I've tried a few times, with monster resizing bias "BIG", and it turns out like monsters stuck/wander in the waiting for spawn area, can't spawn into the map properly.
The game runs as usual and there's no error message displayed on the console section. Does anyone know how can I "fix" this problem?
krimson painkekk

Operating System: Windows 10/8.1/8/201x 64-bit

Postby Icecold988 » Fri Dec 25, 2020 4:36 pm

kinda unrelated but do yall just spawn random demons until you get an giant ultra chad? :o
Icecold988

Postby bLUEbYTE » Tue Dec 29, 2020 10:10 pm

krimson painkekk wrote:I've tried a few times, with monster resizing bias "BIG", and it turns out like monsters stuck/wander in the waiting for spawn area, can't spawn into the map properly.
The game runs as usual and there's no error message displayed on the console section. Does anyone know how can I "fix" this problem?

Yes that just means that the monster was spawned in an area (such as a monster closet) with a doorway that's lower than the monster's altered height, hence can not cross below it. The way resizing works is that it ensures that the monster's resized body fits, however this does not guarantee unrestricted movement in the immediate vicinity, so in effect the monster can get 'stuck' in some instances.

kinda unrelated but do yall just spawn random demons until you get an giant ultra chad? :o

uhm... what?
bLUEbYTE

Postby Meyers07 » Fri Mar 05, 2021 12:43 pm

Is it just me or i can't do vibrant color anymore in the last version. It's either normal, dark, or washed out.
Meyers07

Previous

Return to Gameplay Mods