[v2.5a /idgames Release!] Zen Dynamics: A ZDoom Revolution

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
Nash

Post by Nash »

I know about the secret ending, but I mean, the "serious" ending could really be better with in-game scripted cutscenes VS the standard Doom text-and-scroller ending.
Zarggg

Post by Zarggg »

Bio Hazard wrote:I was playing a few weeks ago and learned how to do a bunch of nifty tricks with the machete.
Dude. I want videos.
Da_maniaC

Post by Da_maniaC »

This door doesnt seem to open up for me: doorwontbudge.jpg

Am i doing something wrong?
Last edited by Da_maniaC on Mon Dec 10, 2007 8:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
DoomRater
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him

Post by DoomRater »

Check it with a map editor, unless you don't want spoilers (but then why would you be asking?)
Bio Hazard

Post by Bio Hazard »

Door:
Doesn't that door open up after you beat the boss? Works for me.

Machete:
Zarggg wrote:Dude. I want videos.
If there was a quick way to get to the part where you machete everyone in that small arena, I'd make some demos.

Xaser's .it stuff:
I was giving the AMAZING trilogy a good listen to and I found a few songs that would be really great if you went back and developed them, namely; AMAZING9 (It;s a trap!), AMAZINGU (Jupiter Cookies) and AWESOMEY (Sand in your eye). I've made several edits out of the first two that are pretty cool. I'm interested to see what you could do with them now-adays. The catchy melody is already there but you ruin the songs with your weird random crap you put in the AWESOME tracks. PM (or better yet, IM) me if you want my edits and full evaluation.
Da_maniaC

Post by Da_maniaC »

DoomRater wrote:Check it with a map editor, unless you don't want spoilers (but then why would you be asking?)
I did. :P

It says player presses use, but its not like i didnt try that... :wink:
Bio Hazard wrote:Door:
Doesn't that door open up after you beat the boss? Works for me.
I cant fight the boss because the fences/walls are still up and he is behind them.

I know cause i already played it once, but that was when Zen was just released and i clipped through the door cause i thought it was a bug.

Now it still isnt opening, heh. :P
Cardboard Marty
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by Cardboard Marty »

Scuba Steve wrote:What's the difference between the 2 hand machineguns? They seem to essentially be the same gun.

Some of the secondary attacks seem pointless and added "just because", especially the hand machine guns, the shotgun and the magnum. What's the point of the machete secondary fire?

The Hand Machine Gun is MUCH better now with faster reloading, as are the dual plasma gun things. Also auto reloading after you run out of ammo is nice.

The ability to skip cutscenes is good, and the Objectives menu does help a bit.

Markedly imporved over the last release I played.
The alt.fire on the Machette makes it reflect projectiles has soon has they are close enough.
DoomRater

Post by DoomRater »

You can stop some hitscans with it too...
Belial

Post by Belial »

Bio Hazard wrote:If there was a quick way to get to the part where you machete everyone in that small arena, I'd make some demos.
Uhh, save the game and record a demo using -loadgame. And it's not like you can't just -warp to it, there'll be no difference other than the starting health.
Da_maniaC wrote:It says player presses use, but its not like i didnt try that... :wink:
That's how it works for me though. Always has.
DoomRater

Post by DoomRater »

It's probably a compatibility flag set incorrectly then. I had this problem with Cold as Hell.
Da_maniaC

Post by Da_maniaC »

Yep.

I solved it thanks to Belial.

Its the compatflag called "Special lines can block all..."

:)
Bio Hazard

Post by Bio Hazard »

Belial wrote:Uhh, save the game and record a demo using -loadgame.
You can't load a game and play a demo at the same time. Otherwise we'd be doing it for KDiZD testing.
Belial wrote:it's not like you can't just -warp to it
What map is it? I couldn't find it. I think it's halfway through some map.
TheDarkArchon

Post by TheDarkArchon »

The knife fight? MAP08
Belial

Post by Belial »

Bio Hazard wrote:
Belial wrote:Uhh, save the game and record a demo using -loadgame.
You can't load a game and play a demo at the same time. Otherwise we'd be doing it for KDiZD testing.
Works fine in PrBoom+. I guess ZDoom is less-developed :mrgreen:
Xaser

Post by Xaser »

Well, the knife fight is actually the first thing you do in Map08 after the two 'cutscenes' of sorts (the elevator crash and the weapon stealing). There's no need to warp, as it's at the beginning of the map, really.

@Bio: While I'm here, I might as well mention something about the AWESOME song things. Firstly, I'm sad to say that "It;s a trap!" is actually based off an existing module file, Stress.mod (which doesn't suck). Just grab that one and you have your remix. :P
Jupiter Cookies is sort of a parody of Jupiter.s3m, which also doesn't suck. My Cookified edition actually has been remixed before by Snowrazor (formerly known as Destroyer, for clarity's sake), and I actually have a copy with me right now. In fact, Snow/Dest/Slasher/Tails/Whatever (heh, sorry, couldn't resist) has remixed quite a few AWESOME and AMAZING series songs, including Sand In Your Eye. I can send a few of them in your direction if you'd be interested. :P

Oh, and yes, I'm quite interested in your edits as well, for no reason at all. :P

Return to “Gameplay Mods”