[v2.5a /idgames Release!] Zen Dynamics: A ZDoom Revolution

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
TomD666

Post by TomD666 »

No fucking way!
Nmn
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him

Post by Nmn »

OMG :shock:

Guess what Xaser-this is Awesome!
Needs more detail and shit? Screw that.
Has a rip? Screw that.
Has LWM's graphics (is that bad in the first place??). Don't care.

This is Awesome! Innovative. Goddamn the
Spoiler:
is crispy as hell! So are the bosses.

Has some humour? Don't care. It's aweomse :D

As for LWM, her spirit lives in You :rock:
TomD666

Post by TomD666 »

Is it just me, or is there a problem in map03? I think you're supposed to teleport to the boss at some stage, but that doesn't happen to me.
Cutmanmike
Operating System Version (Optional): Windows 10

Post by Cutmanmike »

I can't get this damn thing working with the reloads. Even with Grubber's zdoom version
Enjay

Post by Enjay »

Reload should be bound to R by default. You should be able to call up a weapon, hit R and it will reload and be ready for use.
TomD666

Post by TomD666 »

Use the zdoom version posted by TDA
Medricel

Post by Medricel »

Not much time to post this, but I'd like to say some things that irk me about the reload system.
1) No auto reload - very annoying in an intense fight, especially since many of the weapons empty thier clips relatively fast.
2) Empty weapons are still selected using weapnext/weapprev - I can understand that it might have been necessary so that guns with ammo in thier clips still are selectable, but come on!
3) Picked up weapons need to be loaded - in some cases, this is understandable, but I think it's odd that a weapon that the enemy right in front of you was just using seems to have lost all of its ammo when you take it from thier cold dead hands.

Also, sometimes picking up a Berserk pack attempts to switch to Doom's fist... though you can't fire OR switch weapons with weapnext/prev...
Graf Zahl
Lead GZDoom+Raze Developer
Lead GZDoom+Raze Developer

Post by Graf Zahl »

All pretty much unfixable. Such side effects are to be expected if you abuse all the features this WAD abuses.
Bashe

Post by Bashe »

Will the version that TDA posted interfere with other wads that use the version I'm using? (From the "christmas present" thread.) Such as ZDguns?
Nmn
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him

Post by Nmn »

Hmph. I like the way reloading is as it is! You find a weapon empty, so You load it. You can select it. Manual reloading gives more realism and makes gameplay harder.
Hmph.
Nash

Post by Nash »

This could have been a great wad for me, but using the latest unofficial build totally ruins it; I can only shoot ONE shot, no matter what weapon I use.

I'd have to reload after EVERY shot. This should be fixed...

Also, I play with the statusbar, but when the status bar is up, you can't see how much ammo you have left - you can only see how the ammo in RESERVE (or was it clips? can't remember). To see how much ammo I currently have in my weapon, I'd have to turn off the statbar. Please fix!

I'd really like to play this but having to reload after everyshot doesn't really keep my alive very long :(
Killionaire

Post by Killionaire »

Xaser-I have to say it is fantastic. Lately i've been feeling burnt-out on doom, and while the better graphics, new textures, etc. etc. work up to a point it just couldn't bring back the "badass" feeling it used to be. When i was playing this though, even for doom i had a bit of an adrenaline rush, I had never seen those models and i thought that they added quite a bit of originality to it (whoever this Little White Mouse dude/chick is...i never played or did anything of hers).

-Weapon mods, for me at least, don't usually stand on their own because Doom simply wasn't made for them, and they always seem a bit out of place. But when the when levels are made to accomodate the new weapons, it makes a world of a difference. I also liked the RTCW reload style for the dual plasma pistols--which are probably my favorite modded weapons for doom and if i could i'd replace them with the standard plasma gun. I also loved the music, seemed to fit the whole theme of the place.

-Anyways, im on level 4, i don't know how long this is, but i plan on making the wad last for more than an afternoon.
TomD666

Post by TomD666 »

Nash wrote:This could have been a great wad for me, but using the latest unofficial build totally ruins it; I can only shoot ONE shot, no matter what weapon I use.

I'd have to reload after EVERY shot. This should be fixed...

Also, I play with the statusbar, but when the status bar is up, you can't see how much ammo you have left - you can only see how the ammo in RESERVE (or was it clips? can't remember). To see how much ammo I currently have in my weapon, I'd have to turn off the statbar. Please fix!

I'd really like to play this but having to reload after everyshot doesn't really keep my alive very long :(
Ugh, I said before, USE THE BUILD THEDARKARCHON LINKED TO. Thank you.
chronoteeth
Preferred Pronouns: It/Its

Post by chronoteeth »

Heh, did anyone find the secret ending yet? :P
TomD666

Post by TomD666 »

I did.

Go Speed Racer, Go!

Return to “Gameplay Mods”