CeeJay's Bad Day!

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are ONLY for YOUR PROJECTS! If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.

CeeJay's Bad Day!

Postby CeeJay » Sun Dec 22, 2019 1:42 pm

Embrace the stoopid and prepare yourself, enter CeeJay's Bad Day.

A very silly and cartoonish lowtech-esque mod where instead of a battle-hardened space marine you take on the role of a chain-smoking, borderline-alcoholic with a a bad attitude. Instead of health and armor, you gobble down junk food to gain health and chug back alcohol to ease the pain. And lots and lots of cigarettes. Your arseal is limited but diverse and creative, with many being upgradable among other things.

Merry christmas and a happy new year.

Here you go: http://www.mediafire.com/file/03lnr0ybg ... y.epk/file

You will need the latest dev. build of 3DGE (https://devbuilds.drdteam.org/3dge/)
And a DOOM, DOOM 2 or Final DOOM (I)WAD (buy it) not recomeneded with FreeDOOM

Disclaimer: The mod features explicit language and content that may offend some people, be warned. No animals were harmed during the making of this mod.

Credits (incomplete)
Spoiler:
Last edited by CeeJay on Mon Dec 23, 2019 11:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
CeeJay

Re: CeeJay's Bad Day!

Postby Artman2004 » Mon Dec 23, 2019 12:19 am

Screenies?
Artman2004

Postby Vostyok » Mon Dec 23, 2019 2:04 am

" take on the role of a chain-smoking, borderline-alcoholic with a a bad attitude. Instead of health and armor, you gobble down junk food to gain health and chug back alcohol to ease the pain. And lots and lots of cigarettes."

I feel attacked.

Joking, would like to see this but couldn't get 3dge to work. Anyone got a video?
Vostyok
I'm living in a cardboard box

Discord: Vostyok#3164

Postby Wivicer » Mon Dec 23, 2019 11:26 pm

Sounds like fun, but Mediafire has marked the file as containing copyrighted material. I can't download it
Wivicer

Operating System: Windows 10/8.1/8/201x 64-bit
Graphics Processor: nVidia (Modern GZDoom)

Postby CeeJay » Mon Dec 23, 2019 11:45 pm

Re-uploaded. Try again.
CeeJay

Postby UnbornDecay25 » Tue Dec 24, 2019 9:55 am

Well isnt this a quick flip and a kick in the dick, CeeJay keeps releasing mods that convince me to use a source port I hate with a passion.

I do have to say that unlike some though, this looses its luster rather quickly, unfortunately. While the weapons are all good and fun to use, they aren't really so entertaining that I could see myself going through a megawad with them. I liked the upgrades, and I detect hints of Turok and the mod Turok + in them. Its a nice weapons mod to be sure, but aside from the tnt bunny (HOW COULD YOU?!) this was a mod I played till about Downtown, then I got a little bored. I think a few things could be added, since the game really sounded like an FPS Conker, or something similar, I could see much expansion. As it stands, its a pretty good mod, just nothing I havent seen before.

But damnit, I repeat, you made me use Edge. And I hate Edge. So you win in the end, damnit. Well played CeeJay. Well played. Now if only I could get your other mods to work...
UnbornDecay25

Postby Artman2004 » Tue Dec 24, 2019 10:22 am

Screenshots?
Artman2004

Postby Enjay » Tue Dec 24, 2019 10:46 am

Unfortunately EDGE just doesn't seem to be working for me. I get the "initialising" blue bar starting to appear but ofter a second or two I just get dumped back to the desktop. I tried the latest download from hyper3DGE Project. Same deal. Older versions of EDGE start, but don't seem to support this file.

:(
Enjay
Everyone is a moon, and has a dark side which he never shows to anybody. Twain

Postby Dr_Cosmobyte » Tue Dec 24, 2019 12:16 pm

loving it, really really fun.

You are the only guy who keeps me on 3DGE, hahah.
Dr_Cosmobyte
Also known as: GAA1992

Postby CeeJay » Wed Dec 25, 2019 2:51 am

Enjay wrote:Unfortunately EDGE just doesn't seem to be working for me. I get the "initialising" blue bar starting to appear but ofter a second or two I just get dumped back to the desktop. I tried the latest download from hyper3DGE Project. Same deal. Older versions of EDGE start, but don't seem to support this file.

:(

Have you tried both the x64 and x86 versions?
CeeJay

Return to Gameplay Mods