Doomguy For Smash Bros (Even though he might not)

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are ONLY for YOUR PROJECTS! If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.

Doomguy For Smash Bros (Even though he might not)

Postby Aerosplinter » Wed Dec 11, 2019 8:03 pm

--------------------------------------------DOOMGUY-----------------------------------------
-----------------------------FOR SMASH BROS---------------------------
-------------------------------------------------------(Even though he ultimately might not make it)---------------------------------------------------

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

DOWNLOAD HERE!!!(New Version)
Fixed the Smash Envelope from ever leaving the reveal screen and gaining the invitation weapon by removing "WRF_DISABLESWITCH".

As the title suggests, this mod is dedicated to a potential future reveal for Doomguy in Super Smash Bros. Ultimate's Fighter Passes.

This mod was originally created for The Game Awards for a potential Smash Reveal. Unfortunately, no such event had happened. Then there came a "Mr. Sakurai" Smash presentation in January 16, to which he revealed the last fighter.... Byleth from Fire Emblem: Three Houses! I was eager and excited for this release, but other fans of the series hated how such a Fire Emblem character was revealed for a then-exclusively 3rd party Fighter's pass. Also, "too many swordsman, are there?"

Nevertheless, back in November 2019, I decided to create a mod that is about Doomguy with an envelope, who is revealed to be invited to.... well, Smash of course! A large part of the Smash community had thoughts and predictions about Doomguy as DLC in Smash. Then it gave me an idea: create a little but sizable mod on a 5+ year old laptop(I really need a powerful Desktop!) that has Doomguy obtain a Smash envelope, then be revealed for Smash, and use the letter itself to kill enemies and my main Roy!

Features:
-One weapon: Smash Envelope (Replaces Chainsaw) that uses clip ammo. Once you press the fire button, WAIT for the animation until the reveal... On the reveal screen (or weapon sprite), press the fire button to use the letter to throw at enemies.
-Music, wall graphics, and pics that relate to Smash Bros.
-Roy enemy that replaces the Wolfenstein soldier. NOTE: Does not land, or enter the land state, when it surfaces on top of any actor. Be wary of his fiery special and defense moves!!

Screenshots:
Spoiler:

Known Bugs:
-Roy's jump is not able to enter the landing state once it surfaces on top of an actor. I need extensive help with this, since I want to learn more about how this works in Decorate and probably ZScript.

Compatibility:
This mod is ALMOST compatible with mods for Doom 2. For IWADS, I would STRONGLY suggest sticking to Doom 2.

All credits go to:
Spoiler:

OLD DESCRIPTION (December 12, 2019):
Spoiler:
Last edited by Aerosplinter on Thu Jan 23, 2020 11:55 pm, edited 6 times in total.
Aerosplinter
Creator of the Smash (Randomizer) Bros. Doom Mod

Operating System: Windows 10/8.1/8/201x 64-bit
OS Test Version: No (Using Stable Public Version)

Re: Untitled Envelope Mod (RELEASE)

Postby Tartlman » Thu Dec 12, 2019 8:24 am

"doomguy with an envelope"
"ssb sounds and pictures"

oh my god you didn't

i'm gonna try this as soon as i get home today
Tartlman
i dont even know what any of this code does

Discord: bogus#2947
Github ID: boogiebogus

Postby Jarewill » Thu Dec 12, 2019 11:03 am

Oh crap!
Spoiler:
Jarewill

Postby Aerosplinter » Thu Dec 12, 2019 11:29 am

Jarewill wrote:Oh crap!
Spoiler:

If you actually press the fire button when the screen shows up, it turns into a weapon that you can throw. There is also a secret enemy that replaces the Wolfenstein soldiers.
Aerosplinter

Postby Jarewill » Thu Dec 12, 2019 11:59 am

Aerosplinter wrote: If you actually press the fire button when the screen shows up, it turns into a weapon that you can throw. There is also a secret enemy that replaces the Wolfenstein soldiers.

Really? All it did for me was play a sound effect every a tic or so.
Jarewill

Postby Redead-ITA » Fri Dec 13, 2019 4:14 am

Aerosplinter wrote: If you actually press the fire button when the screen shows up, it turns into a weapon that you can throw. There is also a secret enemy that replaces the Wolfenstein soldiers.

Yeah about that
Spoiler:
Redead-ITA
I suck at H posing

Postby Aerosplinter » Sat Dec 14, 2019 2:52 am

Redead-ITA wrote:

Yeah about that
Spoiler:

That is odd... it actually worked for me, even in the latest 4.2.4 version. Maybe it could work for you by pressing the fire a few seconds after the screen appears. Again, apologies for the issues that you face. If you use GIVE ALL, I strongly suggest not to pick up another Smash Envelope.
Aerosplinter

Postby Sgt. Ham » Mon Dec 23, 2019 4:57 pm

Wow! This is a lot more effort than I expected for a little mod like this! I loved it! (even if there wasn't any fighter at all at the game awards). Are you going to do something else in the future with that Roy enemy you made? I think it would be a shame to just leave him there.
Sgt. Ham

Postby Captain J » Wed Dec 25, 2019 11:52 pm

Now i'm wondering if Duke Nukem would get the invitation for Smash. Very clever and impressive small mod!
Last edited by Captain J on Tue Jan 07, 2020 5:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
Captain J
That's Amoreee

Discord: DiscussJ#3128

Postby Aerosplinter » Tue Jan 07, 2020 5:27 am

Sgt. Ham wrote:Wow! This is a lot more effort than I expected for a little mod like this! I loved it! (even if there wasn't any fighter at all at the game awards). Are you going to do something else in the future with that Roy enemy you made? I think it would be a shame to just leave him there.

Oh, Yes! That reminded me of the idea that I could create an enemy random respawn mod that includes nearly "all" fighters as enemies, and that they can be compatible with nearly all mods. Thank you for enjoying this mod! I hope it created hype for a potential reveal for Doomguy in Smash in the future(most likely not going to be the 5th fighter).
Aerosplinter

Postby Aerosplinter » Fri Jan 17, 2020 12:18 am

Fighter's Pass 5 turns out to be Byleth instead of Doomguy, as I knew it was not him. I am not sure about how others feel about this, but I am excited for him/her to be in Smash! Still "somewhat" hoping Doomguy will be in Smash in the future. :)
Aerosplinter

Postby AvzinElkein » Fri Jan 17, 2020 12:40 am

I'll wait until you fix the bugs before re-downloading, and the 12th has long passed, so screenshots are okay.
AvzinElkein

Discord: AvzinTW#6569
Operating System: Debian-like Linux (Debian, Ubuntu, Mint, etc) 64-bit

Postby Aerosplinter » Sun Jan 19, 2020 11:58 pm

AvzinElkein wrote:I'll wait until you fix the bugs before re-downloading, and the 12th has long passed, so screenshots are okay.

Does using the letter of the Envelope as a weapon work for you? Using it does work for me.
Aerosplinter

Postby AvzinElkein » Mon Jan 20, 2020 12:01 am

Aerosplinter wrote:
AvzinElkein wrote:I'll wait until you fix the bugs before re-downloading, and the 12th has long passed, so screenshots are okay.

Does using the letter of the Envelope as a weapon work for you? Using it does work for me.

I meant the "doesn't exit out of the 'Doomguy enters Smash' screen" bug.
AvzinElkein

Discord: AvzinTW#6569
Operating System: Debian-like Linux (Debian, Ubuntu, Mint, etc) 64-bit

Re: Doomguy For Smash Bros (Even though he might not)

Postby retronutcase » Tue Jan 21, 2020 11:38 am

I have the same bug.
retronutcase

Next

Return to Gameplay Mods