Fancy DOOM (Phase I)

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are ONLY for YOUR PROJECTS! If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.

Fancy DOOM (Phase I)

Postby CeeJay » Sun Dec 08, 2019 5:27 am

Fancy DOOM (yes, i'm calling it that) is a port of Smooth DOOM for 3DGE (aka EDGE), with a few creative liberties (permission granted). The mod will be split up into two phases:

Phase I - A more or less direct translation of Smooth DOOM for 3DGE, with some improvements to sprites, animation and behaviour. Also features changes to how dynamic lighting is handled and some minor tweaks to enemy AI. Comes bundled with Perkristian's HD sound effects. Despite its obivous new coat of paint, it is still very vanilla. Some enemies may seem to move or fire faster, but they don't really.

Phase II - Phase I but with tons of visual effects on top of it along with ambience sound effects and other cool stuff. Nothing too extreme or balance-breaking, though. No new weapons or enemies or anything like that. Just an extension of the foundation of what makes DOOM... DOOM.

DOWNLOADS
Phase I: http://www.mediafire.com/file/3omqsqc71 ... 1.epk/file
Phase II: when it's done

Get your copy of 3DGE here: https://devbuilds.drdteam.org/3dge/

CREDITS
Spoiler:
Last edited by CeeJay on Tue Dec 10, 2019 10:34 pm, edited 2 times in total.
CeeJay

Re: Fancy DOOM (Phase I)

Postby Dr_Cosmobyte » Sun Dec 08, 2019 9:01 am

Another great 3DGE mod by Ceejay. I am going to try this ASAP!
Dr_Cosmobyte
Demons are a disease. Meet the cure.

Postby CeeJay » Sun Dec 08, 2019 10:55 pm

Some progress on Phase II (which is around 60 or 70% complete I reckon)

https://imgur.com/a/bRKLT0D

The "leg" of the torches now have a glowing effect, the flame itself has slight transparency (along with randomized dynamic lighting) and a not-so subtle smoke effect to top it off. The flames themselves still look a little meh and could certainly do with a improvement. That is beyond my skills unfortunately.
CeeJay

Postby CeeJay » Tue Dec 10, 2019 11:36 am

I wasn't pleased with the animation of either of the shotguns, so I redid them. The shotgun didn't match up with the cocking sound and the super shotgun was too jittery and didn't line up with the originals rate of fire. I carefully and painstakingly calculated this for both of the shotguns to the very last tic, they should now both be 100% accurate. Please re-download.
CeeJay

Return to Gameplay Mods