Doom Exp

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
Captain J

Location: An ancient Escape Shuttle(No longer active here anymore)

Re: Doom Exp

Post by Captain J »

I actually played your mod but replied to a different thread for some reason... Haha, anyway this was the one i played and i would like to reply right here!
I freaking lost it when i could flip enemies to death. And they would even gib too! The instant exp spending strategy is very useful and i can purchase on anywhere, anytime. So that's a good thing!

But here's my feedback: The flame on watery surface after destroying the explosive barrel would splash a lot. I found it rather comical. And the power node displays the famous "you got a pickup" message when picked up.

And i really have to talk about giving me too much of rocket ammo. It just makes the game much easier.

Also the funny sounds playing when killing enemies are hilarious as well. Nice to see the mod that is being both serious and funny at the same time. Kudos!
Officer D
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by Officer D »

Thanks for the feedback! :thumb:
Captain J wrote:The flame on watery surface after destroying the explosive barrel would splash a lot. I found it rather comical.
I mean if there is damaging water, why can't we also have burning water that splashes :3
Captain J wrote:Also the funny sounds playing when killing enemies are hilarious as well. Nice to see the mod that is being both serious and funny at the same time. Kudos!
People often say, those funny sounds don't go well with Doom and is a horrible design choice and label it as stupid. Little do they know, it's an optional setting that can be changed or even disabled. :roll:
Captain J wrote:And i really have to talk about giving me too much of rocket ammo. It just makes the game much easier.
The rocket ammo is a problem I've been trying to fix for some time now. Initially Inventory.MaxAmount was set to 100 and Ammo.BackpackMaxAmount 200. Which never worked for some reason. So for now it's defaulted to 200 because the backpack does nothing. I assume it has something to do with the RocketAmmo being replaced with a randomspawner.
Captain J wrote:And the power node displays the famous "you got a pickup" message when picked up.
Thanks! Fixed!
Officer D

Post by Officer D »

-----------[Version 2.2 Release]-----------

Doom Exp v2.2 is here with many different weapon upgrades. You will be able to switch in-between them with a designated keybind.
Also many new ammo upgrades are now available for you arsenal. See changelog for more detailed information.

HUD Info

Changelog v2.2:
  • Pickup magnet upgrade added.
    Doom Blade Wave Slash added.
    Added new monster (Sin Incarnate by Craneo).
    Armor-piercing pistol rounds upgrade added. (shotguns now get the incendiary upgrade)
    Pistol silencer upgrade added.
    Grenade launcher shotgun upgrade added.
    Dragon breath super shotgun upgrade added.
    Chaingun pulse rounds upgrade added.
    Chaingun shield mode upgrade added.
    Rocketlauncher heatseeking rockets upgrade added.
    Rocketlauncher mini nuke upgrade added.
    Plasmarifle argent powered upgrade added.
    Plasmarifle stunbomb upgrade added.
    BFG9000 tracking ball upgrade added.
    Invulnerability power node price increased.
    The Zombiefodder replacement for Zombiemen will now spawn 3 instead of only 1.
    Buy menu rearranged. Sadly there is only so much I can do with MENUDEF scripts.
    Collision problem with some projectiles on lootboxes fixed.
    Increased ammo usage for plasmarifle altfire.
    Fixed Machinegunguy not dropping loot on chainsaw altfire kill.
    Monsters drop armor pickups when taking fire damage.
    Added "Fix Weapon Bug" command in Doom Exp Settings. (Cause I'm too lazy to fix the actual script and it also isn't a very common bug)
    Added particle trails to BFG Ball.
    Fixed decapitation spawn height to match up better.
    Added Tracer On/Off switch to the Doom Exp Settings. (To increase performance for android users)
    Added 'Clean up gore' command in Doom Exp Settings.
    Added Power Node giver Normal/High switch to Doom Exp Settings.
    Completionist now also rewards you with additional XP.
    Flak shield upgrade added. (Reduce explosion damage)
    Asbestos armor added. (Fire resistance)
    New crosshais added for different altfire modes.
Feel free to join our discord server for exclusive info or to share your thoughts and suggestions.
If you are experiencing problems you might get a faster response there as well.

Get it here!
tuintje

Post by tuintje »

moddb not working maybe put it on google drive? :D
idfreak2019

Post by idfreak2019 »

Yeah, was excited about this but moddb isn't serving it for some reason. You get a message saying to join to access more mirrors.
Officer D

Post by Officer D »

The download seems to work now. :rock: Have fun!
idfreak2019

Post by idfreak2019 »

Yes, it works, thanks! Won't have time today because new computer arriving and needing setup due to a certain game (coughcough) that's coming out Friday. Old system isn't quite poo, but not far from poo. New one will kick demon a$$.

AFAIK you're the only dev building a mod that actually incorporates elements of that game, so well done and thank you! 8-)
DoomSoul

Post by DoomSoul »

Awesome mod! But, could you add an option to disable the janitor?
Officer D

Post by Officer D »

DoomSoul wrote:Awesome mod! But, could you add an option to disable the janitor?
You talking about the body parts? The auto clean up is disabled in 2.2. I can also recommend using Nash's Gore Mod with this.
DoomSoul

Post by DoomSoul »

Officer D wrote:
DoomSoul wrote:Awesome mod! But, could you add an option to disable the janitor?
You talking about the body parts? The auto clean up is disabled in 2.2. I can also recommend using Nash's Gore Mod with this.
I'm playing v 2.2, gibbs and casings disappear after few seconds.
Officer D

Post by Officer D »

Yea, 2.2 just disabled the corps clean up for body parts e.g. torsos, legs, heads, etc. The blood splat giblets and bullet casings will still despawn. I imagine leaving them in can cause problems with some slaughter maps. I'll consider adding a janitor on/off switch for future updates. Thanks!
Yebudoom
Graphics Processor: nVidia (Modern GZDoom)

Post by Yebudoom »

I've finally tried the mod and I can certainly see the appeal now. Those positive opinions don't lie: this is great. I played for about an hour only, but it was fun as hell.

Only one suggestion/request atm: give the flying kick a little more oomph when it connects. Some visual/audio effect would be cool. Currently, I'm usually not sure whether I did manage to kick the monster or not at first glance.
Officer D

Post by Officer D »

Glad you like it ;)

Good suggestion. I'll definitely add that.

Edit:
Dev Build
Download

Code: Select all

Changelog:
- Increased volume for chaingun and dual pistols to make them sound a bit more powerful.
- Added a more responsive impact for the flying kick attack.
Yebudoom
Graphics Processor: nVidia (Modern GZDoom)

Post by Yebudoom »

Officer D wrote:

Changelog:
- Increased volume for chaingun and dual pistols to make them sound a bit more powerful.
- Added a more responsive impact for the flying kick attack.
Well that sure was fast :) Thank you, the kick is much better now.
Officer D

Post by Officer D »

Dev Build Update

Download

Changelog:
- Added 50% chance for the head decapitations to do a bottle pop sound. 🍾
- Gerodium's Damage indicator added. (Nash edit included)

Return to “Gameplay Mods”