Josko wrote:Would be awesome if there was a hotkey option for the "fuck you" fist altfire so you could flip off a monster while equiping a weapon and shoot it right after!
Because it always stuns Monsters, I think being able to spam it like that would be somewhat game breaking. Having to switch between weapons gives the monsters a chance at least.
The chaingun shooting really slow in the beginning kinda ruins it, would have been much more useful if it fired fast right away instead in my opinion.
I found myself never really using the pistol because I was always out of ammo from it because ammo is shared with chaingun, I think it would be nice if Pistol had its own ammo pool so when you are out of ammo for your guns you can go back to your pistol.
I'm not sure more ammo management is a good idea. Since the unmodified chaingun has slightly more power and drains the ammo so fast, the 3 second spin up is a good compensation. Further more dual pistols with armor piercing rounds should satisfy your instant bullet attack preference. The upgraded pistol pretty much makes the chaingun obsolete, which is why the chaingun has the pulse rounds upgrade to make it a useful weapon against fire based monsters.
Josko wrote:One thing I really missed was Throwing Grenades. I think throwing grenades with a quick throw hotkey would be awesome! I'm thinking of Johnny Doom, in that mod the grenades are just perfect, maybe you could copy that.
Honestly there already are too many keybinds. And we already have the grande launcher shoulder cannon and the grenade launcher shotgun upgrade.
Josko wrote:Reaching level limit at Rank 21 felt a bit dissapointing, I wish you could continue to level to Rank50 or something because you reach max level pretty fast. By level 10 on Maps of Chaos Overkill I was Rank21 with 100.000Exp.
I have been meaning to do that already, just never got over it. However when playing slaughter maps, it is recommended to set xp and power node giver to low.
Doom Exp v.2.4 has some exciting new features that I am proud to announce to you. You will see new things like the
Halloween Special mode, an extra life system, new voxel models and some new offensive-/defensive-oriented upgrades.
The existing sprites for the orb pickup, power node container and loot boxes, have been converted into full 3D
voxel models. Embrace the oooooh and aaaaaaah looking models since they are pretty rad.
You'll be able to have this option turned on or off. You can also set the kill amount for when the player earns an
extra life (100, 250 or 500). As long as the player has an extra life, you will enter into a death state when killed
but dramatically resurrect again, causing a radial explosion to clear the path when being surrounded by hordes
As posted in the previously, you'll be able to turn on the Halloween Special mode in the Monster Management
Menu. With it enabled there will be some pumpkin props replacements and random pumpkin throwing skeleton
spawns that can happen at anytime while killing something or breaking the props. Furthermore you will also be
fighting Cacolanterns, Bats and Spiders.
Some props will get replaced with laughing witches or crying little girls. Get too close to them and you'll be in
for a surprise.
- Voxel models added.
- Extra Life system added.
- Crucible charge value option added.
- Slide kick added.
- Slide kick on/off option added.
- Fire/Frost/Lightning grapple hook added.
- Frost kills make monsters drop extra health orbs.
- Buy Menu rearranged. Added more sub menus.
- AllMap and Infrared are now completely replaced with the power node container.
- Power node containers have random amounts of power nodes inside.
- All new power up sprites by Angel Soul : mytheriadesigns.deviantart.com
- Low ammo capacity option added.
- Dash Attack added.
- Kick and blade glory kills shortened to a single animation.
- Removed a lot Hud icons that don't really give the player important information.
- Stomp Attack upgrade added.
- Mini Bosses now have individual spawn chance settings, except Archons of Hell and Pyro Demons, since they are both a Baron replacement.
- Marauder can't spam shields anymore. First after he fired his shotgun 5 times, he'll be able to use it again.
- Added and changed Marauder See and Look sounds. Taken from the Doom Eternal Marauder in-game dialog.
- Chainsaw fuel recharge upgrade added (5PN + 5K Xp). When reaching 0 fuel it will take 20 seconds before the fuel starts to fuel up again.
- Added new permanent upgrade (100% Armor Absorption).
- Hud icons rearranged (Green is the armor absorb).
- Pooping monsters removed.
- Halloween Special option added to monster management.
Feel free to join our discord server for exclusive info or to share your thoughts and suggestions.
If you are experiencing problems you might get a faster response there as well. Also get early access to development builds of the mod.
Last edited by Officer D on Wed Oct 21, 2020 3:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I had an issue with the dev build: the replacement monsters remove TID and assigned scripts from existing map monsters, breaking some triggers.
I've managed to work around this so far, but it would be nice if you could fix it. I will go and try to report it on Discord. Have a nice day!
P.S. I started to work on a hub/arena hub map for the RPG maps, I will be sure to post it as soon as it's done.
Is there an ability to somehow preserve the character between WADs?
this mod has improved so much over the past few months, just redownloaded it after having not played since March. All the original problems I had with it have now been solved. Been playing it with the Doom 2 Reloaded megawad and it's absolutely wrecking me, in the best possible way
It has indeed gone trough a lot of changes. A few problems still exist but nothing that really ruins the experience. I am glad people are enjoying it just as much as I am. Christmas special is coming soon and will again include more improvements.
- Pistol start exits reset health back to 100.
- Archvile buffed. More HP and a alternate attack added.
- No Ammo/Health spawns option added. (Disables Healthbonus, Armorbonus, Medikit, Stimpack and all ammo types spawns)
- Bug fixed with ammo drops from poop not giving ammo.
- All rocket types and BFG projectile spawn floor decals when impacting on floors.
- Chainsaw goes into normal (non fire) mode when you run out of fuel.
- Chainsaw drains fuel slightly faster on use.
- Crosshair bug fix on Rocketlauncher.
- Combo and domination rewards added.
- Extra Life deaths punishments added (-5 Power Nodes and -5k XP)
- Dismembered arachnotron head moves around on floor.
- Dismenbered pinky head is shootable now and does a animation similar to the barons head.
- Killer Instinct announcer added.
- Massacre bonus added for killing lots of monsters at once.
- TimeFreeze power up now initiates creepy FEAR ambiance when active.
- Improved visibility on bright backgrounds for the ability icons and power node icon.
- Hud icons (except rank and PN + XP) no longer get displayed on the map screen.
- Rewards are now logged in console so players can read them after they disappear from Hud.
- Not being able to die with extra life mode disabled fixed.
- You no longer get extra life award messages when extra life mode is disabled.
- Resurrect blast spawns floor decal now.
Changelog v2.4.1 :
- New glorykill added (uppercut).
- Death exit bug fixed while having extra lives.
- Added fire resistance to Marauder.
- Bug with low ammo capacity fixed.
- Bug fix option in Doom Exp settings now fixes not being able to jump after death exit.
- Autoaim does not target shootable decorations anymore.
- Added upgrade stores.
- Removed buy menu (now requires you to request a store or find one).
- Store options added to Doom Exp menu.
- Resurrect blast does no more damage and just pushes monsters back.
- Added option to disable glorykills on bosses and mini bosses.
- Slow motion option added (manual or automatic use).
- Glory Kill Points option added ( A limiter point system to use blade waves, floor stomps and dash attacks).
- New HUD indicators added for Blade wave, Dash attack and Floor stomp).
- Crosshair growth for firing weapons added, all except BFG currenntly.
- Chaingun spread changed.
- Plasmarifle projectile angle adjusted to be more centered.
- Floor stomp cooldown added.
- Floor stomp fast recharge buy option added.
- Glory kills are now handled with the Doom Blade quick attack (rebind required to work).
- Chaingun shield no longer deactivates on weapon switching.
- After monsters get staggered and recover from it, they get a portion of health back.
- Marauder FU taunt added.
- Fixed Spidermastermind getting health boost without boost being enabled.
- Added PG-13 mode (disables vulgarities).
- Janitor On/Off option added.
- Floor stomp ground decals added.
- Chaingun spin-up speed increased.
Last edited by Officer D on Thu Jan 07, 2021 3:28 am, edited 1 time in total.