Doom Exp

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
skdursh

Re: Doom Exp

Post by skdursh »

Just my opinion, but when you update the mod I think you should update the title of the thread as well. Makes it a lot easier for people to tell if there is any new content at a glance without having to actually read through any of the thread to find out.
Officer D
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by Officer D »

skdursh wrote:Just my opinion, but when you update the mod I think you should update the title of the thread as well. Makes it a lot easier for people to tell if there is any new content at a glance without having to actually read through any of the thread to find out.
Yea, since it is only a dev build update and no official release, I consider little updates like this as unimportant. Also I was being lazy. But you are right, I shall update the 1st post.
ezedrommond
Graphics Processor: nVidia (Modern GZDoom)

Post by ezedrommond »

With the latest version of GZDoom, every time I go for a glory kill, it crashes.

Captain J

Location: An ancient Escape Shuttle(No longer active here anymore)

Post by Captain J »

That sounds like a serious problem, but soon will be fixed, i guess. I just noticed that too.

Also your bare fist could alert the enemies while doom blade does not, and pulse round chaingun's firing sound effect gets cut off.
Officer D

Post by Officer D »

Glory kill issue with GZDoom 4.4.2 was fixed.
Fists don't alert monsters anymore.
I've not noticed the pulse round firing sound getting cut off tho. I'll have to test it some more.

Dev Build
Download

Code: Select all

Changelog 2.2a soon to be 2.3:

- Monster Boosting now has a On/Off switch in the Doom Exp Settings.
- Added blind pinky's with special attacks.
- Fixed issue with dog being crazy fast on Doom Slayer difficulty.
- Fixed issue with mug shot disappearing while dog active.
- Fixed Wraiths not having a teleport sound on Doom 1 wads.
- Dog now poops after eating monsters. His droppings sometimes have ammo/power nodes/keys inside.
- Pistol start option added.
- Added more destructible decorations.
- Fast Doom Blade Waveslash recharge added to buy menu.
- Dual Pistol (armor piercing) camera shake reduced.
- Doom Blade (with berserk) can reflect projectiles when timed correctly.
- Fire Grapple Hook upgrade added.
- Improved Dog behavior. Should not get stuck on top tall geometry anymore.
- New tentacle monster (random chance to replace ceiling decorations or lamps).
- Argent Doom Blade added. Can always reflect projectiles and is easier to do.
- Smoke trails spawning correctly from weapons relative to mouselook / camera pitch.
- Shoulder cannon improved. Faster firing speeds and new grenade mechanic.
- Haedexebus attacks changed. No more rail attacks and no more bouncing spike balls anymore.
- Rewards for mini bosses added.
- Rank up now includes a fancy Hud animation. Basically DBT's QCDE lootbox effect but edited for Doom Exp.
- Fast Firing speed power up now effects Doom Blade Waveslash. Fast Waveslash recharge upgrade is required however.
ezedrommond

Post by ezedrommond »

Works fine now! Thank you!!!
Yebudoom

Post by Yebudoom »

Glad to see an update, I was beginning to worry ;) This is too good a mod to let it become forgotten.
Officer D

Post by Officer D »

I never expected this mod to get the attention it has. PC Gamer writing an article about it, Mike Matei playing it and Icarus Lives reviewing it was pretty cool.
Not only that, the videos on YouTube, the live streams and people joining the discord, has all gone way over my expectations. Thank you for all the support. I am glad you like the mod.

This particular streamers kind words are things that are hard for me to believe. :o
https://clips.twitch.tv/SpotlessWealthy ... erRuleFive

I am by far not as talented as most of the modders in this community and I probably am a horrible coder with lots of spaghetti coding in my mod. But I was eager to try my best to create a classic Doom gameplay mod. I don't take too much credit for it, since I could of never done it without the scripts and mods provided by the community and wiki. So thank you to all those talented modders DBT, Michealis, Lewisk3, Nash, Xaser, MagSigmaX, JPALOMO, Loismustdie555, Sergeant_Mark_IV, PILLOWBLASTER, TERMINUSEST13, etc.
Captain J

Location: An ancient Escape Shuttle(No longer active here anymore)

Post by Captain J »

Oh snap, Congratulations! I do really hope more famous folks like Mike Matei would play more mods of doom community.
Wisecrack34

Post by Wisecrack34 »

I'm unsure if this is a known bug (likely) but I noticed that the kill counter tends to break on difficulties below Doom Slayer, counting monsters that aren't spawned in due to the difficulty. Enjoying the mod quite a lot otherwise though, keep up the good work :D
Someonewhoplaysdoom

Post by Someonewhoplaysdoom »

This mod is just great, putting the balance between scaling to become op by upgrathing smooth vainilla versions from weapons and including some challenging variants of monsters. Also im glad that is planned to deactivate the monster scaling on the next patch, I feel the alternate boss-level variants of normal monsters are just than enought.
(Specially that cursed Pyrodemon from Stronghold :shock: :shock: )

It would be neat to have an intermediate option for power nodes adquisition per level. While getting 1 PN on the first levels with the normal setting is enought, the 5 PN per level from the high setting is too much for non slaugthermaps hahaha.
Officer D

Post by Officer D »

You can individually disable certain monsters now and the power node giver has a low, normal and high setting too.

Dev Build updates

Code: Select all

Changelog 7.25.2020

- Rank up now includes a fancy Hud animation. Basically DBT's QCDE lootbox effect but edited for Doom Exp.
- A few Hud messages had to be rearranged to avoid overlapping overlays.
- Fast Firing speed power up now effects Doom Blade Waveslash. Fast Waveslash recharge upgrade is required however.
- Glory kills now work with GZDoom 4.4.2
- Monster Management Submenu added.
- Haedexebus health lowered.
- Monsters drop extra loot option added in Monster Managment settings.
- FireHook impact damage reduced and now makes monsters drop armor.
- Tentacles now also have a On/Off option and their spawn chance has been slightly reduced.
- Sin Incarnate now has a new attack that spawns 5 skullcubes which will spawn random monsters.
- Mini boss icons will only show when they are enabled.
- New BFG impact effect.
- BFG primary fire buffed.
- New effect for ultra sound attack from Blind Pinky.
- Sin Incarnate pain states, make him do a little dance.
- Power Node Giver now has 3 options too (Low, Normal, High)
- Mini Boss counter edit. It will show the amount needed (e.g. 1/5)
Last edited by Officer D on Sat Jul 25, 2020 4:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
Yebudoom

Post by Yebudoom »

Sweet, but I don't see any new DL link :D Or was your post purely informational, Officer D?
Officer D

Post by Officer D »

The Dev download link is in the first post, right below the main one.
Someonewhoplaysdoom

Post by Someonewhoplaysdoom »

Officer D wrote:You can individually disable certain monsters now and the power node giver has a low, normal and high setting too.
Yeah, I enter the Discord group recently and watched the recent changes. I definitely going to take a look after finishing Highway acceleroid booster with Going down Haha. 8-)

Also, how it works the music randomizer for Doom Exp? I want to use them with some map packs from Compendium, that doesn't feature new music. Which one is the order for run the archives.

Return to “Gameplay Mods”