Doom Exp

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
Officer D
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Doom Exp

Post by Officer D »

What is Doom Exp?
  • Doom Exp has tons of adjustable settings to customize the gameplay to your personal preference.
    The gameplay mod focuses on high mobility, arcade style gameplay and mainly just be a lot of fun.
    Gain experience by destroying everything that crosses your path.
    The experience is then utilized as currency to buy upgrades.
    Upgrade your character and become a blade wielding, dash attacking, super stomping, gun crazed maniac.
    But don't get too cocky because that's when you will encounter some of the mini bosses, or even a super boss.
PCGAMER - "One of Doom 2's coolest mods reimagines Eternal as way more complex and empowering"

:!: Important :!:
GZDoom 4.6.1 will cause your game to crash to console when requesting the store, initiating slow motion or picking up a time freeze.
Due to the developers choice of getting rid of calling console commands from outside the menu.
It is recommended to use GZDoom 4.6 which you can grab from here.
Download

Weapons, Monsters & More:
Spoiler:
Voxels:
Spoiler:
How to play Doom Exp:
Spoiler:
Recent Trailer:
Spoiler:
Changelog History:
Spoiler:
Credits:
Spoiler:

Feel free to join our discord server for exclusive info or to share your thoughts and suggestions.
If you are experiencing problems you might get a faster response there as well.

The official Doom Exp group for everybody who loves being part of a service that supports free-speech.

Current Official Release:
Download

Sentinel Hammer Addon:
Download
Last edited by Officer D on Thu Sep 02, 2021 2:40 pm, edited 65 times in total.
Morgul
Operating System Version (Optional): Windows 10
Graphics Processor: ATI/AMD with Vulkan/Metal Support

Re: Doom Exp

Post by Morgul »

Good to see your mod here mate !
It deserves to be played, it was a little bit hidden only on ModDB

The mod gives Doom good replayability, and the other additions to weapons mechanics and upgrades are a great addition to make the gameplay more interesting and dynamic, if you guys haven't played it, I recommend you to do so
Officer D

Post by Officer D »

Buckethell II wrote:Good to see your mod here mate !
It deserves to be played, it was a little bit hidden only on ModDB
Thanks! It also was posted on Doomworld back in 2018. Someone recommended me to post it here too. I just never had a ZDoom account and just didn't bother. After finally making an account I thought I might as well share it here ;)
struukduuker

Post by struukduuker »

Hey! Nice to see your mod up here! Guess I'll be making more videos in the future :p. Any change log? I was playing 1.8b I see this is 1.8c? Any differences?
Officer D

Post by Officer D »

I wasn't really planing on releasing 1.8c yet, since I wanted there to be something more substantial added for the next update. However since I have not been working on this for such a long time, I thought I might as well release the current version with this thread.
I can't even remember everything I changed since 1.8b, but from the top of my head I know there was stuff like less fuel consumption for alt chainsaw attacks, lowering the chances of lootboxes having bad stuff inside. Mainly balancing related things. Also clean up in some of the coding was done.
Officer D

Post by Officer D »

1.9 Changelog

The shoulder cannon now has 3 different fire mode types, that you`ll have to toggle via keybind (Options - Doom Exp Settings).
  • Image The flamethrower (Ammo type Fuel). Probably the most effective weapon but dangerous to use in tight places. Does not damage Arch Viles and Pyro Demons.
    Image The Grenade launcher (Ammo type rockets). Fires a burst of 10 grenades. Not the strongest fire mode but great for shooting around corners.
    Image The Frost launcher (Ammo type cells). Will freeze any monster besides bosses and is super effective against Arch Viles and Pyro Demons.
  • -Barrels now spawn fire around them when destroyed.
    -More breakable sprites added (Big Torches, Candelabra).
    -Minor effects added to the breakable sprites e.g smoke puffs and sparks.
    -Missing decals added for arm blade, plasma rifle, rocket launcher and BFG.
    -BFG impact spawns fire.
    -When standing closer to the BFG impact the player will get a little camera shake.
    -Zombieman cut in half animation was sped up and minor sprite fixes on the torso.
struukduuker

Post by struukduuker »

Looking very cool, ill be sure to check 1.9 out soon!
Officer D

Post by Officer D »

1.9a Changelog:
  • Fixed bug where pistols had unlimited ammo
    BFG effects improved
    Plasma Rifle effects improved
    Rocket Launcher effects added
    Shoulder Cannon freeze blast improved
    Shoulder Cannon grenade launcher improved
    More breakable deco sprites added
Spoiler:
Vyticoz

Post by Vyticoz »

Damn. I actually just finished a playthru on 1.9 and already 1.9a is on it's way. Nice work man. Also, not sure if this is the place to ask. I literally created this account just now so I could comment but are there a list of other mods that are compatible with EXP?
Officer D

Post by Officer D »

lol no worries.

Just please don't ask if it's compatible with Brutal Doom. Gameplay mods usually never are compatible with other gameplay mods, unless they are directly add ons. But I use plenty of mods along side this.
e.g.:
  • Shaders and other visual mods like doombrightmaps, doomparalax, MBlur, etc.
    You can give monsters special behavior without breaking it with the mk-champions mod or legendoomlite
    Additional features can be added like slomobullettime, tilt++, hellscape-navigator, damnum, hitmarker, etc.
Twitchy2019

Post by Twitchy2019 »

Hey, so wanted to ask a few things. I play this mod on the "mortally challenged" difficulty. Can you tell me a bit of what the icons to the left on the HUD mean? Also, the double damage level award, does this affect all weapons or just fists/blade? Any other features with this difficulty that are different from the others?
Officer D

Post by Officer D »

Twitchy2019 wrote:Can you tell me a bit of what the icons to the left on the HUD mean?
In the first post there is a section that talks about it and shows the F1 in-game info screen in the hidden spoiler. These are basically ability information icons.
Twitchy2019 wrote:Also, the double damage level award, does this affect all weapons or just fists/blade?
It affects every weapon but makes the arm blade particularly powerful and gives it kind of real-time glory kill abilities.
Twitchy2019 wrote:Any other features with this difficulty that are different from the others?
Main difference between the difficulties

Mortally Challenged (ITYTD):
  • Pickup ammo factor is reduces by 25%
    Monsters only do half damage
    Monsters have very slow reaction times
Rip and Tear (UV):
  • Pickup ammo factor is reduces by 25%
    Monsters are slightly more aggressive
    Monsters have 25% more health
The Doom Slayer (UV):
  • Pickup ammo factor is doubled
    Monsters do double the damage
    Monsters are way more aggressive
    Monsters have 25% more health
    Fast Monsters is enabled
Twitchy2019

Post by Twitchy2019 »

Ok, so I know this is a long shot. How can I make it so that I can summon the crucible before the last level rank up and keep using it infinitely? I tried modifying all kinds of variables but no luck. Also, the crucible disappears if summoned and used against an enemy before level 21.

Edit: So, I looked in the Decorate Weapons file and the folder marked "source." Here I found ACS-related things. Now here is where things get interesting. The above only occured before I reached level 1. After that, I could use the Crucible unlimited times. I summoned it last night and did the same thing, only it reverted to its 3 uses-then-cooldown-period once i reached the level I was supposed to obtain it. Clearly somehow the crucible staying with you and having unlimited uses happens after its summoned after level 1 but before level 21. How could this be possible?
Officer D

Post by Officer D »

Basically every time a monster gets killed, a ACS script gets called that checks the players rank. If the player is on the starting rank, it will take away inventory items and reset custom variables. That means also the crucible. This was required to do for death exits or episodes, otherwise the player would of still had higher rank abilities/items on the next levels. And the reason why you can keep on using the crucible is because a certain variable is not set yet. If you set

Code: Select all

xp_sword 1
after the first rank, your sword will have the 3 use limit and cool down timer.
Officer D

Post by Officer D »

Changelog v1.9b

Since a lot of people can't seem to get the custom user interface overlays to scale properly with their resolution and I couldn't figure out, how to implement a script that detects the players settings and adjusts it accordingly. I have gone with the simple solution by adding an On/Off switch. This is actually a good thing overall. Some people who did get the overlay scaling correct, did complain, that they were distracting and annoying. This will effect stuff like Invulnerability Sphere, Berserk, Fire Sphere, Blur Sphere, Infrared and the fullscreen visor.

• -Custom HUD overlays disable option added.
    -Rank 15 now upgrades the shoulder cannon recharge duration.
    -Buy loot spawns 3 items now instead of only 1.
    -Red stone pillars are now also breakable.
    -Imps, Shotgunguy and Zombiefodder can now be cut in half with the Doom Blade.
    -Rifleguy decapitation chance with Doom Blade added.
    -Hell Knight and Mancubus decapitation chance increased.
    -Mugshot god mode now has "deal with it" sunglasses.

Return to “Gameplay Mods”