Angled Doom v0.7 Released! 10/18/2020

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are ONLY for YOUR PROJECTS! If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.

Re: Angled Doom v0.7 Released! 10/18/2020

Postby jdredalert » Sun Oct 25, 2020 7:03 pm

That's strange. I can't reproduce this problem here on my machine. If anyone else had the same problem, please, let me know.
jdredalert
State of badass art.

Postby jdredalert » Wed Oct 28, 2020 4:48 am

News:

While i'm finishing the new version of Angled Doom Plus addon, I have decided to record a quick gameplay video. Have a taste of what is to come:

In this video we can see among other things: A rare monster that drops a secret weapon; changes to some of the old weapon behaviors and sounds, and since i'm a sucker for the new Doom games, an optional glory kill system that can be toggled on or off in the main menu. I hope you enjoy.
jdredalert
State of badass art.

Postby Thelightcall » Thu Oct 29, 2020 7:51 am

Wait, Glory Kills? FINALLY! A MOD THAT ADDS GLORY KILLS THAT ISNT BROKEN! WOO! IT DOSENT MATTER IF ITS NOT VANILLA! NOW IM F**KIN HYPED!
Thelightcall

Operating System: Mac OS X 10.8 or later
OS Test Version: No (Using Stable Public Version)
Graphics Processor: Intel (Modern GZDoom)

Postby jdredalert » Thu Oct 29, 2020 6:03 pm

Well... Angled Doom Plus addon was never meant to be vanilla in the slightest :lol:

I found a new pleasure in working with something more grounded as Angled Doom - the base mod, that is. There is a nice feeling to keep the core gameplay as intact as possible and Doom's overall simplicity is timeless for me (even with Zdoom adding a ton of quality of life features such as free aim, crouching, and jumping). However, I'm always dealing with my own brainstorms, and for the sake of not bastardizing the base gameplay mod, I've made the addon so everyone wins in the end. :wink:

I think i may upload another video soon, maybe introducing the Vorpal Blade or some other weapon. Just stay tunned for news.
jdredalert
State of badass art.

Postby Thelightcall » Sat Nov 14, 2020 1:20 pm

jdredalert wrote:That's strange. I can't reproduce this problem here on my machine. If anyone else had the same problem, please, let me know.

Oh, Also Im On Mac OSX. Is There A Problem With Mac?
Thelightcall

Operating System: Mac OS X 10.8 or later
OS Test Version: No (Using Stable Public Version)
Graphics Processor: Intel (Modern GZDoom)

Postby jdredalert » Tue Nov 17, 2020 8:50 pm

Sorry about the delay in response. I'm currently working on a W10 machine and i don't have access to a Mac computer. Let's hope there is some other Mac user around that had the same trouble as you.
jdredalert
State of badass art.

Postby jdredalert » Sun Nov 22, 2020 10:07 am

Small update:

While I was messing with XDeath states for all the monsters, i forgot to add A_BossDeath function were they belong (Mancubi, Arachnotron... you name it). So i'm uploading a quick fix for it. I'm sorry about the inconvenience.
jdredalert
State of badass art.

Previous

Return to Gameplay Mods