Angled Doom v0.8, ADP v2.1 and AD Lite v1.1

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are ONLY for YOUR PROJECTS! If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.

Re: Angled Doom: Angled Doom Lite released! 21/12/2020

Postby VecterStroke » Wed Jan 22, 2020 11:41 pm

While Looking through the pk3 file, I noticed a thumbs.db file in the models/splash folder. Is this file necessary, because removing the db file would save 100kb of space.

Also, it would be nice to put all the animdefs in a folder, for convenience.

finally, I have some alt fire ideas. How about proximity mines for the Grenade Launcher, and an explosive altfire for the Railgun, its like a lite version of the Skulltag BFG10k, for the plasma rifle, an ice blast, I was experimenting with one.
VecterStroke

Postby Xtor98 » Sun Jan 26, 2020 7:05 am

Is it possible to combine with smooth monsters in future? Or with analogues from random death and decorations modification.
Xtor98

Operating System: Windows 11
OS Test Version: No (Using Stable Public Version)
Graphics Processor: ATI/AMD with Vulkan Support

Postby jdredalert » Sun Jan 26, 2020 12:53 pm

@VecterStroke

Thanks for the heads up. I'll sort that our in the next version. Also, thanks for the alt fire ideas, they are very nice!

Xtor98

No promises yet, but i can see what i can do about it. If it's easy enough to do, i might give it a try.
jdredalert
Doom, until the end.

Postby theroguemonk » Sun Jan 26, 2020 4:01 pm

can i use your angled mod guns assets for my new mod ?
theroguemonk
Banned User

Github ID: monk
Operating System: Other OS Not Listed Here
OS Test Version: No (Using Stable Public Version)
Graphics Processor: nVidia (Modern GZDoom)

Postby jdredalert » Mon Jan 27, 2020 7:54 pm

Sure, both Angled Doom and Angled Doom Plus. Just remember to give credits to the original authors. I have a detailed list of credits inside the file.
jdredalert
Doom, until the end.

Postby 1dkfa » Sun Feb 16, 2020 1:33 am

Holy moly, this is amaazing! Can I use some sprites from your mod?
1dkfa

Postby jdredalert » Fri Feb 21, 2020 4:21 pm

Sorry about the late response. Yes, you can!

I'm slowly getting back at work.

This is a small sneak peak of things to come in Angled Doom Plus:

Also, the next Angled Doom Lite version is meant to be compatible with most mods around, so you can combine the angled weaponry with things like smooth monsters or whatever mod you want to add to the mix. 8-)
jdredalert
Doom, until the end.

Re: Angled Doom: Angled Doom v0.7 WIP

Postby jdredalert » Sat Mar 14, 2020 10:56 am

Okay, so i think it's about time to revive this thread here.

We are getting closer and closer to a new release soon. I'm sorry about vanishing, but real life work was getting into me. I managed to balance things in my life and started to work on the mod again, and boy, we've got new content. Most of it is coming from the feedback you guys gave me. Most of the comments and suggestions are there, in a way or another. What can i say for now is:

- Custom monsters on AD 0.7 are completely optional.
- So are the new (and old) special effects.
- Some graphical problems ranging from loose pixels to bad animations are fixed.
- At least one weapon getting new visuals.
- Angled Doom Plus will also be updated with A TON OF new goodies. No, really, so far i've got a total of 21 weapons, new power ups and new game functions such as new firing modes and altfires. New Special Guns dropping from secret monsters that will act as upgrades to the original arsenal and at least one old foe is getting a new face.

Expect something from now to April. Sorry i can't put a precise release date, but considering my time schedule, that would be very demanding for me. I promise, however, that i'll post images and videos for now on.
jdredalert
Doom, until the end.

Postby jdredalert » Sun Mar 15, 2020 10:12 pm

As promised, a video!

As you can see in the footage, i'm fighting against regular, vanilla looking enemies again. Blood pools on the ground now vanish after a few instants and there is a new gib effect going on. Keep in mind that this last feature in particular is completely optional, and the original gib sprites are there.

Hope you enjoy.

jdredalert
Doom, until the end.

Postby Dr_Cosmobyte » Mon Mar 16, 2020 7:06 am

Great job as always! I can help with CVARs if you'd wish. Can't wait for next update :)
Dr_Cosmobyte
Also known as: GAA1992

Postby jdredalert » Mon Mar 16, 2020 7:37 am

Thanks, i really appreciate that. Considering the scope of things and my free time these days, i really could use some extra helping hands.

Now, some news on Angled Doom Plus. As i told before, new weapons will act as upgrades of the old ones. So far i have four of them ready. Some of the old weapons get new functions as well: by pressing the reload key, you can switch between different fire modes for weapons such as the UAC Rifle and the new Rocket Launcher (the later is equipped with laser guided rockets, using a script made by Scotty a while ago). I also listened to the feedback from the last version and added a manual reload function to the SMG.

So far, everything you see is heavy WIP, so things like sprites, sounds or even whole weapons altogether may change in the next weeks.

jdredalert
Doom, until the end.

Postby complexdoomer » Mon Mar 16, 2020 1:48 pm

complexdoomer

Operating System: Windows 10/8.1/8/201x 64-bit
Graphics Processor: nVidia (Modern GZDoom)

Postby Artman2004 » Mon Mar 16, 2020 1:54 pm

Looks awesome.
Artman2004

Postby jdredalert » Mon Mar 16, 2020 3:03 pm

complexdoomer wrote:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gc4a1JCvipE

Oh my God i'm so flattered! I'm adding your video to the first post, if you don't mind! Thanks for the gameplay video!

Artman2004 wrote:Looks awesome.

I appreciate your support! Stay tuned because something big is coming!
jdredalert
Doom, until the end.

Postby jdredalert » Wed Mar 18, 2020 8:32 am

News:

In the previous video that i was demonstrating the new special weapons for Angled Doom Plus, we had a regular SPAS-12 as a placeholder for the shotgun replacement. I wasn't satisfied with it, so i made a new toy:

Click me.

I'm not going too deep on the details of the weapon functioning besides the regular buckshot yet, but i intent it to be more than just your regular automatic shotgun. And i can guarantee, this gun looks great in game!

I'm finishing some details in Angled Doom and the v0.7 is close to realease. My original plan was to release both new versions of Angled Doom and Angled Doom Plus together, but for now, ADP will have to wait a little. It will be worth it, i promise!

Credits to idSoftware (Rage Shotgun), Sinael (who made the high quality rip) and Amuscaria.
jdredalert
Doom, until the end.

PreviousNext

Return to Gameplay Mods