Angled Doom v0.8, ADP v2.1 and AD Lite v1.1

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
jdredalert

Re: Angled Doom v0.5! Updated 11/15/2019

Post by jdredalert »

We can't stop the works now, can we? Here's something new i'm crafting for the new add-on, Angled Doom Plus:

EDIT - Just finished the new SSG

jdredalert

Post by jdredalert »

News:

Angled Doom v0.6 and Angled Doom Plus addon are being worked simultaneously. While the main mod will retain its philosophy of being a vanilla oriented gameplay mod that only changes graphics and leaves original gameplay feel intact, the "Plus" addon will bring new twists to the table, like new guns, power ups and some slight rebalances. it's good to note that, while Angled Doom Plus isn't supposed to be vanilla accurate like the main mod, it's still kinda vanilla-ish in a way (meaning, most modern tropes that you'll see in tactical oriented mods are still out). I wish i could record videos to show you guys better, but for some reason the video quality is getting all over the place with stutterings and stuff (and this is the same computer i used to record videos from my previous AvP work, so God only knows what is happening here), so we'll stick to the old screenshots for now. Here's what the addon changes so far:
Spoiler: Warning, WIP content. These could be changed or replaced entirely before release.
I still don't have a release date for this, because of the sheer nature of the next release and real life stuff going on in parallel. So i'm working on my own slow pace, but hey, slow and steady wins the race right?
PRIMEVAL

Post by PRIMEVAL »

Liking what I see! That shotgun reminds me of Quake's shotty but at an angle. I approve.
jdredalert

Post by jdredalert »

Thanks Primeval! I feel happy and inspired every time one of you guys post a reply here!

And speaking about Quake... You'll probably like this little experiment i'm doing here:

PRIMEVAL

Post by PRIMEVAL »

Oh come on, NNN is almost over...
TheEternalStruggler

Post by TheEternalStruggler »

The new skin for the shotgun doesn't mesh as well with the new SSG sprite you made. The artstyle kinda clashes a bit. I mean, I guess one way of making it "new" but still being faithful, is maybe like an angled DOOM 64 shotgun or something? I dunno. Everything else looks awesome, it's just the new paint for the shotgun kinda throws me off compared to the SSG (which looks vanilla faithful).

Anyway, looking forward to the new release! :D
Tango

Post by Tango »

these all look amazing :D
jdredalert

Post by jdredalert »

Thanks for the feedback guys, you're awesome. I'm doing my best here to make a good experience. I'm always open to new ideas, and i was thinking about adding some more power ups to the upcoming addon. So, i'm willing to listen suggestions about what kind of power ups i should do.
TheEternalStruggler

Post by TheEternalStruggler »

I'd say a mix of Berserk and Haste would be cool. Like doubled firerate, walking speed and running speed increased by a half, and instant gibs with melee weapons (like your fists and the chainsaw for instance).

Call it Rage, or if that sounds generic, perhaps Fury?

And as for another powerup, one that slows down everything around you could be called Peacemaker. Just an idea.

Speaking of "peacemakers" it'd be neat if we had a revolver in the Angled Doom+ addon (ala Blood). :3
dmslr

Post by dmslr »

I've noticed fists make bullet holes on walls. Is it a known issue?

Really enjoying your mod! Thank you!
jdredalert

Post by jdredalert »

Thanks for the feedback guys, i'm really loving the suggestions and the feedback.

@TheEternalStruggler

Those power ups ideas are very good! I'm already starting to test them. The Rage power will surely be added. I never did a slow time power up, but that reminds me of the Freeze power up from Skulltag invasion mode (i think). I'm sure it would be a nice addition as well.

@dmslr

Ops, my bad. Fists are using the same puff as hitscan weapons, that's why. I'll change it in the next version. Thanks for the heads up, i didn't noticed it.
jdredalert

Re: Angled Doom v0.666 and ADP addon almost ready!

Post by jdredalert »

NEWS:

These were tough weeks, and i had a lot of work to be done, both in real life and with the mod. But the new Angled Doom update is almost ready to be released. the 0.6 version will be called 0.666, not only because of the obvious number of the beast joke, but also because it's giving me one hell of a ride to both develop and play. As usual, i'm posting some update images and comments bellow of everything done so far. Here goes:
Spoiler: What is done so far
I may release it on the course of this week. It's really almost done, but i want to focus on some more details and release something really cool for you. Stay tuned!
Dr_Cosmobyte

Re: Re: Angled Doom v0.666 and ADP addon almost ready!

Post by Dr_Cosmobyte »

Hell yes!

Waiting for it anxiously!
PRIMEVAL

Post by PRIMEVAL »

Quake Grenade Launcher... :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub:

Also that revolver is pretty sexy. I may nab it for a mod I'm working that'll probably never see the light of day! :D Looking forward to this release!
TheOldKingCole

Post by TheOldKingCole »

Just to let you know I tried loading this mod with snailbullet and it works fine on everything except ultra-Violence +. I'm not sure if this is intentional or just a bug

Return to “Gameplay Mods”